Friday 26th April 2019 - All the time before I knew you

Morning.

Lyrics - All the time before I knew you

We had some wild weather yesterday afternoon but it is dry and still this morning though more rain forecast for this afternoon and tomorrow morning looks foul. My number was collected for me yesterday so technically speaking I'm good to go - travelling to London tomorrow morning.

What:           a very short run
Why:            taper
Last hard:    tapering
Last rest:     27/1
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Exciting! Good luck with your race. I'm off to No1 son's rugby tour so will be off the radar. Will be thinking of you ☺ 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Very close now LMH.  How many VLMs have you done?  I might put myself in the ballot again for next year but the chances of getting a place are very slim.  I would very likely qualify for a GFA but not being a UK resident it doesn't count.  There are plenty of other races out there though and I'm not sure I would enjoy the noise levels.

Daisy: Hope your on has a good rugby trip.  Was it him with the finger recently? 

What: hill race this evening: 8km / 500m+.  Through the Devil's Gorge up onto All Saints' Mountain (or technically a hill here).
    Why: 2nd round of the series
    Last hard: that will be, wet today so far and pacing is always hard, the first 4 km don't have too much climbing and it is easy to overdo it and have nothing left in the tank.
    Last rest: good Friday

Have a nice Friday everyone - not to long to go until the weekend!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Take it easy LMH!

What: easy run later

Why: work this morning. Looking like it will be very wet by the time I run!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hazel - sounds like my kind of race!
    LmH - enjoy Sunday, I'll have you on the tracker! You've done the hard work, you've done the miles, these things have a habit of coming together on the day!
    Daisy - don't show those boys up with the drinking games, and remember "what goes on tour, stays on tour"
    Wabo - that's more positive news!

What - easy lunchtime , comedy night at the pub tonight 
    Why - ticking over
    last rest - 13 days
    last hard - can't remember, they all seem a bit huffy and puffy at the moment though!
    lyric - not sure
  • Just seaswim and yoga today
    (parkrun then Kirkwall 10k on Sunday with plans for LSR Tuesday)
    Last hard: keeping out of sea in recent good weather
    Last rest: 9 days ago
    Lyrics: not a clue (and no quick answer from Google)

Sounds a fun race, HazelCH   :)
  • Are you going anywhere nice on the rugby tour Daisy?

I thought I would hate VLM Hazel as I usually prefer small races but it's something else and I love the atmosphere, this will be my sixth. Hope you have a good race.

Have you had to stay out of the sea because of your stitches OH? It sounds as though your running is getting back on track.

What do you have planned next race wise Dustin? I think with the marathon especially we never know what we're going to get until the day, my A goal is to enjoy it regardless. It's nice to know that someone is following me round - my FiL used to really enjoy doing that each year - about the only time he used a computer.

Hope the good weather holds for you Alehouse, it's glorious here. I'm not doing too well at staying off my feet - over eight miles walked again yesterday, I'm not sure how it happens. Will try harder though am taking MiL in to town this morning.
  • Morning
    Hazel: That sounds a good race enjoy;-)
    Daisy: Enjoy the tour!
    LMH: Steady steady;-)
    Dustin:Enjoy Friday cakes and pub tonight;) Do you have a link to tracker I can not find it?

What Walking
    Why: Tum still upset
    Last Hard: Not running
    Lyrics: Nope

I am hoping it will settle by tomorrow, when we get awful weather!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LMH getting exciting now, I think I might try and track people, thats sweet about your fil, sad too. Take it easy now!
    dustin enjoy the run and have a belly full of laughs later
    Daisy enjoy your sons tour
    Hazel I once got GFA, trained so hard for it and a couple of months after they changed the goal posts!!!! Gutted.
    WP sorry to hear your tum is still playing up
    Hazel, wow that sounds like some race! I have 10 London marathons under my belt, or hanging on my wall even!

What: 3.5 miles off road with a mate later
    why: its nice to catch up
    last hard: yesterday morning 
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a good a day and weekend all, any one park running?  I have to get a swift one in before I go Spurs, dreading this game tomorrow

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    We're off to Devon.....and yes he is the one with the broken digit so he's not going to be playing, but there's glory in being a Water Boy 😉 

Have a good race Hazel.

Dustin 😂 to drinking (I'm a post marathon cheap date at the moment) 

Poppy hope your stomach improves 

LMH....I'm really excited for you ☺ 

What: 5.5 miles 
    Why: because I needed to but also remembered why I don't like the shorts I ran in! Ouch to chaff. 
    Last hard....still smiling after a certain run
    Last rest....yesterday
    Lyrics...not a Scooby 

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Go well, Hazel!

What: a gentle 30 minutes, unlike the rain. Full waterproofs but forgot hat...and gloves wouldn't have been out of place.

Why: easy day.

Will probably parkrun, Wabo. Enjoy the game! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Good luck Hazel!

LMH: What wabo said re. FiL - very touching indeed. How are you feeling about Sunday?

Glad your mum was being looked after properly yesterday, wabo. I get really upset when people no longer respect the elderly.

Poppy: The Tracker is an app you have to download onto your phone. You'll find it in the respective App store.

Hubby is suffering from a bad stomach upset too. Will probably have to look after him tomorrow and not be able to support parkrun. We're expecting loads of tourists as it's Marathon weekend in Hamburg too :)

What: 3 miles
    Why: taking it easy at the moment (in other words: I'm lazy)
    Last hard: Figuring out what to do next
    Last rest: Monday
    Lyrics: don't think so

Yesterday's were Billy Idol, Dancing with myself

• Try this Poppy: https://www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/en-gb/event-info/runner-info/

I'm not sure chicksta - alternately unusually nervous and resigned is about as best I can describe it. I usually have a fairly good idea of what shape I'm in but really have no clue. Hope hubby makes a quick recovery if you want to go to parkrun. 
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all.  Still been plodding away after overdoing it on Sunday.  5k on wed and Thursday with 6 miles today.  Not too bad.  Pouring with rain today, I had gotten used to dry weather!  

Lyrics, nope.