2019 London cheaters

Comments

• Ah I think Georgia is just a naturally fit girl. I’m very blessed and I don’t take it for granted but I did very little training (managed two long runs) before the marathon. This was mainly due to a badly sprained ankle that had me out of action for 7 weeks. Still managed a sub 4 time - don’t get me wrong it was extremely tough but it’s doable. 
  • Timings for 30064 look a little dubious. Ran the second half 1:20 per k faster than the first half. Could have just been going very easy as they did get every timing mat but 2:08 for half and a 3:48 overall so a 1:40 second half.

Next runner with a time for the first half over 2hrs ran a 2:00:46 and finished in 3:57.
  • Oh man  - I love this thread. Thanks everyone.

There are plenty of reasons for a faster second half than first though - if they've hit all of the mats - how would they cheat ?  Possibly running with a mate who told them to go by themselves for the last part ?
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Plumsie, at Munich a couple of years ago I did approx 2hr first half and a 1:40 second half.  And for the record, I didn't cheat :)  Yes, it does look a bit odd, but it is possible if the person just took it really steady in the first half.
  • fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    No Tom the Clown this year?  Pie him!!!!
  • I know him - or rather, I know of him - he ran 2:50-something last year.  I don't know why he did that this year though - maybe he just wanted a big negative split? 
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Plumsie said:
    Timings for 30064 look a little dubious. Ran the second half 1:20 per k faster than the first half. Could have just been going very easy as they did get every timing mat but 2:08 for half and a 3:48 overall so a 1:40 second half.

Next runner with a time for the first half over 2hrs ran a 2:00:46 and finished in 3:57.
    I literally checked his out about 5 minutes ago!  The photos are all of the same person, and are spread over the course.  Maybe he deliberately set off conservatively and then speeded up, maybe he had stomach problems that settled down.  But he looks ok.
    fat face said:
    I have the pies on standby in case he's found.  I suspect he may have hung up his incredibly large running shoes though.
  • fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    I think you're right Nessie. He was well known for doing a disappearing act during many races.
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    I was almost giving up, then struck on 71850.........
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    And..... 72432
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Nessie said:
    I was almost giving up, then struck on 71850.........
    That one does look bad in that it doesn't look like he's running at 3:25 pace, and he's posing with the medal at the finish.  The guy next to him in the green at Cutty Sark finished in just under 6hrs.
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Another one!  61357

I thought it would be too obvious once you got to the pointy end - not so, apparently

• dave wood 4dave wood 4 ✭✭✭
    Don’t see what the problem is, obviously not all of the timing chips worked properly, even in this day and age things malfunction, so that probably explains the missing times!

• Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Dave, it's not just the missing timing mats, it's the splits.  In the case of 71850 he got to 10k in 1hr15mins, but finished the race in 3:24.
  • I did only say looked a LITTLE dubious. It is possible he did just speed up for the second half. Doesn't look like he was running with anyone in the photos but it is the same person in every picture and they are spread over the whole course. Fair play to him if he did go out conservatively enough to run second half 28 minutes faster than the first.
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    And 61357 - half way in 2:09, finished 3:03. Even Kipchoge took more than an hour for the second half.
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    edited April 30
    fat face said:

Number 22112

• YnnecYnnec ✭✭✭
    edited April 30
    Nessie said:
    fat face said:

Number 22112

Crikey, Nessie. I'm just trying to work out how many boxes he ticks in the DSM Handbook!
  • dave wood 4dave wood 4 ✭✭✭
    Wonder how much he raised for his charity, ie, him? Lol 😆 
  • EtchEtch ✭✭
    Looks as if 70928 was another member of the "cross Tower Bridge and join the stream heading for the finish" club. No medal photos, so she seems to have been honest about it
  • WildWillWildWill ✭✭✭
    edited April 30
    Im glad I poped in here  :D
  • James B73James B73 ✭✭✭
    A few quotes managed to make the OK site

https://apple.news/AxIjzvpF_OnWWy58ue-ylww
  • PNEFC42PNEFC42 ✭✭
    Nessie said:
    Another one!  61357
    I thought it would be too obvious once you got to the pointy end - not so, apparently
    Duly reported to VLM
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Funny who might be lurking on here!

I dont think 4 hours is such an astonishing time for a young active person to knock out off little training to suggest cheating. 
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    DT19, I agree I don't think she cheated.

I'm reluctant to post a link to The Sun, but did anyone see that article about someone accused of cheating by people watching on TV?  The live footage showed someone that emerged behind some bins and people accused him of cheating.  It looks to me like he just needed a pee, but he was apparently called all sorts on the Sun's Facebook page.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/8957502/london-marathon-viewer-cheat-runner/

• Anything the S*n says is likely to be a pack of lies anyway. 
  • GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

Georgia clearly didn't cheat - v irritating...

Am interested that people think it's ok to turn left after Tower Bridge as long as you don't pose for a medal pic and boast on Facebook?

• Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    edited May 1
    Gladrags, I suppose some people "turn left", go through the finish line and pose with their medals on Facebook.  Others think they can't finish the race, so the quickest way to get their bags is to walk back to the finish.  They cross the mats, but know they haven't completed the race and don't pretend that they have.  The first is definitely a cheat, whereas the second is not cheating - strictly speaking they shouldn't have crossed the finish line and should have handed their number in to a marshal, but that's not cheating.

Edited:  Actually they need their number to get their bag, so not sure what the process is for a DNF whilst still needing to get a bag.
  • message someone on here with the details... they can then post it and a third person report it to stop a runner taking a GFA place next year who hasnt earned it.. Job done  :) :)