Thursday 2nd May 2019 Dark in the city night is a wire

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Dark in the city night is a wire
Steam in the subway earth is afire

Originally this was going to be for Daisy; now it is for anyone who has run a recent marathon..

What: short run, long fitness suite

Why: hard run yesterday
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterdays lyrics - Cruel To Be Kind by Nick Lowe.

Your lyrics certainly apply to me Alehouse - I'm the heaviest I've been all year (this is not necessarily a bad thing).

What:            short though I doubt it will feel easy
    Why:             improvement obvious but left calf still quite tight
    Last hard:     my calves
    Last rest:      30/4

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Morning! Seem to be awake very early. 

Lyrics: yes! Love that track and thank you Ale ☺ 

Sorry to hear your calves continue to bother you LMH. 

Was hoping to run, but the niggle in my left glut is a shout so will see how the day progresses. I'll be busy regardless as I'm back to helping out at my son's school. Gardening club starts again today and I've got some serious weeding to do.

Hope everyone has a good day. Looks like it's going to be a nice one here ☀ 

• Wind picking up and rain forecast here Daisy:-( What's wrong with your glute?
  • DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    I've just looked at the forecast and it looks like rain later here! Might be damp weeding! Hey ho. 

Not entirely sure, but I think I've pulled something. It's a burning ache. Never had it before. Hubby has suggested rest! On the plus, my arms aren't aching after swimming 😂 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Nice pics again OH.  Warmup around the fire must have been nice post swim.

Feeling better today Chicksta?

Well done on the weight loss Wabo and also on the progressive run - nicely paced!

Good mileage for Apr Ale and nice speed work also.

Shame you didn't get any pics of your scan emzap.  Good news that all is well.

Take it easy LMH. 

Would probably rest the glute niggle Daisy - maybe swimming irritated it?  Weeding can be very satisfying.

What: some GA miles
    Why: need to get back out after yesterday's rest day but racing tomorrow so nothing too long / strenuous
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: no

Big pointy mountain that gets on the jigsaws and chocolate boxes:
    (wasn't that close to it - zoom..)

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    What - easy couple of ks then U11 coaching
    Why - Thursday
    last rest - Friday
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - yes , me all the time,,,

• DaisydooDaisydoo ✭✭✭
    Stunning photo Hazel and yes it made me want chocolate 😉 . The swimming has probably niggled it. It was sore on Tuesday  Actually felt like I had chaffing somewhere but I know I didn't (sorry too much info). Anyway, been for a guitar lesson so I've been resting it. 

Have a fun day Dustin.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: just walk to pub quiz tonight
    Why: resting
    Last hard: this week is not easy
    Lyrics: nope

I'm the heaviest I've ever been :tongue:
    Did feel better when we went to look at pram last night and seller told me I was tiny. I certainly don't feel it (and I guess she didnt know me pre bump!)

Hope bum pain eases daisy. 
    Did you already see the physio lmh?

Debating whether to take any sports stuff to conference in Vienna next week.

Have a lovely day all
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    A tenner for 3 baby pics is a steal compared to the going rate for race pics, em ;) 
    Hate to break it to you but you will get even heavier :D

Hazel: That's the perfect Matterhorn shot. Wowzers. And look at the sky! Good luck for tomorrow.

Sorry to hear you have glute issues, Daisy. I love weeding. It gives always gives me a sense of satisfaction.

LMH: Hopy your physio can sort you.

Unfortunately I'm the lightest I've been since I was 13 I think. Seems like my appetite is slowly returning this afternoon. It's so not like me not to eat anything within eyesight :D .

What: still no exercise but I'm back at work
    Why: needs must - we're off to Provence at the end of next week and I have so much stuff to sort beforehand
    Last hard: this lurgy
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: yes
  • Glad you're feeling a bit better chicksta.

Guitar Daisy? You do have a lot of interests. Hope your PITA goes soon - do you have a foam roller or a cricket ball you can have a go at it with?

I'm afraid growing is inevitable for the next few months emzap.

Physio was yesterday afternoon.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Did you manage to run, LMH?

Great pic, Hazel!

Was teaching outdoor PE in the rain this morning; this pm has been bright and sunny in contrast. Probably rain again on my way to train.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I did Alehouse, easier than yesterday as right leg is much better. I was in my windowless room when the heavy rain went through, had lovely weather for my run and Grace's walks.
  • 1k pool swim and 5k run
    remains cool today
    last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest yesterday
    Lyrics: no
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    cracking pic Hazel

Apologies, been off for a few days

Trg going well, happy with tonights interval session of 10 x 200m off 200m rec. Rest day planned for tomorrow, then an easy Parkrun before HBT 5 a very hilly 5m race that is stunning back in old town.... should be fun if i can stay on my feet.

Take care
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    (removed as posted on wrong day)