Friday 3rd May 2019 - On glory day we'll get the gifts of heaven up above

Morning.

Lyrics - On glory day we'll get the gifts of heaven up above

Has you had healed now OH?

How is the new job going RFJ?

Wet here this morning, I don't think we're going to get a repeat of the glorious Easter Bank Holiday weather this weekend unfortunately.

What:            easy run/gym
Why:             beating the body into submission
Last hard:     still struggling to sleep
Last rest:      30/4
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

I missed  yesterday a rather busy day but ran 7.42 miles at a good pace.

Today will be wait and see as very tired a bit of drama as Alun's scooter lost it's juice whilst out at country park and I pushed it back to car which left me tired and Achilles grumbling.I am also very hungry so may have to have some porridge before I go!!

What: a short run
    Why: See above
    Last hard: see above:-)
    Lyrics Nope
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were "Hungry Like the Wolf", Duran Duran.

Did you manage to assemble, Wabo?

Drama indeed, WP!

What: short run at some point

Why: car needs to go to the garage; would normally go for a run whilst it is in there but weather looks far too inclement so will leave it until later. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • In a rare fit of sensibleness I think I've managed to persuade myself to go for a gym and swim and not run today. My left leg isn't happy and I'm not going to do anything for my fitness by running today whereas if I go out and upset it more I may well end up needing more time off. Trouble is I'd much rather run in the rain than swim at the gym..............Hope the weather brightens up for you Alehouse, the forecast isn't promising here.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Hazel - epic pic!
    LmH - Sensible? Bewildering isn't it, you get in your 50s and start doing what you know you should have been doing all these years.....
    What - easy run at lunchtime
    Why - fresh air
    last rest - a week ago
    last hard - Tuesday
    Just a couple of miles in drizzle last night ahead of the kids coaching, then we had torrential rain for an hour non stop. Hill pyramids on lush grass, never seen the kids so happy (helped that it was very mild too).
    It took me a good 15 minutes under a hot shower to feel human again though....
    lyric - I think so

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Shame about the poor weather over bank holiday weekend LMH.  I was lucky on Wednesday that my bank holiday coincided with perfect weather.  Don't beat your body too much in the gym, seems a wise decision not to run today.

Running whilst very hungry isn't fun WP.  Hope the scooter was a minor issue.

Ale, car in the garage can get expensive, hope that is only minor also.

Dustin I can imagine that coaching in the deluge is much harder than running it.

I've also thought about learning to play the guitar Daisy but I'm pretty untalented musicwise and based on how much I did when learning to play the violin as a kid (screech - screech!) probably couldn't be bothered to practice enough.

I would put in the sports stuff for Vienna emzap, you don't have to use it but if you don't have anything with you and want to do something...

Provence should be a nice trip Chicksta.  Enjoy catching up on the weight again.

Good luck for the parkrun and 5m race combo RFJ.

What:  hill race this evening (8k, 445m ascent)
    Why: 3rd race in the series
    Last hard: finishing my run yesterday afternoon before the deluge but without overdoing the effort (managed it by about 2 mins).
    Last rest: 1.5.

Lyrics: no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Go well this evening, Hazel. Car is under warranty fortunately so will be cross if there is any expense! A warning light won't go out so it needs sorting. 

Enjoy whatever you decide, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nice timing yesterday Hazel. Hope you have a good race. Physio gave me the all clear to do my little gym programme.

I definitely didn't enjoy it Alehouse but it was better than doing nothing and the right decision.

Enjoy the fresh air Dustin. I guess they're right when they say that growing old is inevitable but growing up isn't but I am noticing that I can't quite get away with what I used to.

Hope your achilles settled Poppy.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    alehouse I didn't get there as I was on babysitting duties, tbh I was too tired so |I just did my own easy 3 miles, really nice run.  Hope you get your car sorted
    hazel have a good race
    dustin glad the kids liked iT! have a nice fresh one today
    WP oh dear that doesnt sounds good, hope the achilles is ok
    what: what I have time for later - babysitting for the daughter tonight!
    why: nanna duty
    last hard: yesterday
    last r est: 31/12/16

Park running tomorrow, busy weekend again..
    have a good one all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

Ale: Glad it's a warranty thing. I find that whenever my car has to go to the garage it'll cost a grand.

LMH: Very sensible. I'm sure you can still get away with a lot, you just may have to shift the focus a bit from doing lots and lots of miles to doing a bit more strength/flexibility stuff, tedious at this may be. We all get a bit creaky and the non-running stuff is our lubricant so to speak :)

Dustin: Training happy kids sounds lovely.

Poppy: hope the achilles behaves. Shame about the scooter.

Hope the hill race goes well tonight, Hazel.

I was supposed to run our local 10k on Sunday but I won't now. Luckily it's entry on the day, so no money is lost.

My appetite has finally returned. Yay!

What: still Nothing
    Why: not feeling ready yet
    Last hard: lurgy
    Last rest: yesterday and basically all of this week
    Lyrics: yes

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Nearly three hours in the garage and problem solved...but not resolved! As it is a warranty item HQ need to give their blessing for the faulty part to be fitted. As it was pouring I sat and read ("Running", Ronnie O'Sullivan). Only so many times one can walk around the show room! Then supermarket and then run: it was dry by then, not that it is now! Legs weren't really interested after all the sitting around, which is fine. 

Sensible advice there, Chick: I neglected the stretching and strengthening side of things for too long and it is only in the last couple of years that I have upped them. I think this is a priority as we advance in years!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: short walk then drive from to dad's.
    Why: wedding down here tomorrow. Godfather's daughter. Sadly godfather passed away on Tuesday so it's going to be a tough day tomorrow.
    Last hard: I only do easy
    Lyrics: nope

Glad you're on the mend chick
    Sensible lmh
    Ale murphy's law that it rained whilst you wanted to be outside!
    Hazel enjoy those hills
    Dustin you decided on that ultra yet?

Thinking I'll parkwalk/run tomorrow though may get some disapproving looks from my hosts!

Have a lovely evening all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    That's a very difficult and tragic situation, Emz.
  • I hope the day goes as well as possible emzap.

Hope they sort your car quickly Alehouse.

Glad you're feeling better chicksta. When do you go away? I won't be replacing any of my running with s&c apart from when I can't run. I don't have time to do it all so I'll prioritise the bit I enjoy.
  • Sea swim, 5k run then yoga
    mixing it up
    last hard: hail shower coming out from swim; and yoga
    last rest: Wednesday 
    lyrics: nope

hand healed up now, thanks. LMH