Saturday 4th May 2019 - All I want, all I want, all I want is a girl

Morning.

Lyrics - All I want, all I want, all I want is a girl

Sounds as though you're good to go for CW then OH?

I'm not sure if my calf is going to be ok to run on this morning, will assess after I've been shopping and walked Grace but fingers crossed it will allow a little something, if not I guess I will be back in the pool. We should have been going away for a couple of nights this weekend but that isn't happening now, on the plus side we may make the cheese festival.

What:             hopefully short and easy
Why:              my head needs it
Last hard:      not being able to run yesterday
Last rest:       3/5

Yesterday's lyrics - Maximum Joy by Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

lyrics: no

What: easy parkrun with a couple of ks before and perhaps some afterwards

Why: easy parkrun is still faster than I normally run but aiming to run slower than last week

Enjoy your race, RFJ, and hope yours went well Hazel! Anyone else racing? And enjoy parkrun where applicable.

Very cold with bright sunshine here.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Enjoy the cheese lmh. If it's the same one that was down by me there was a good selection of cheeses and especially chutneys etc to get.

What: parkwalk/run
    Why: I'm up (and no one else is)
    Last hard: choosing which parkrun. One I've been too before with hundreds of people but last person last week of over 50 min (I can still do that!) Or a new one with 70 last week, slowest at 40 min (can't do that!).
    Lyrics: nope however appropriate for me! Was convinced bump is a girl but scan suggests otherwise (though not 100% accurate I know, and not at all disappointed!)!!

Have a lovely day all whatever you end up doing
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    And take it easy, Emz!

Shame I'm not in my home county as I quite fancy the cheese show!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Make a day out of it Alehouse - it's a good one.

emzap - hope you enjoyed whichever you decided. It's the Melton Mowbray artisan cheese fair - supposedly the largest in the country. Not that I need to be eating more cheese, especially if I can't run.

Leg is better than yesterday but an email exchange with my physio suggests not as good as she'd expected it to be. I'm thinking today should be a nothing day (though I've already walked nearly four miles) in the hope that this restraint will mean that it's ok to run on tomorrow. I struggle to decide when I'm just making excuses and being lazy and when resting is actually the best option.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Bit late to be organising going to Melton, LMH, sadly! There's always next year!

What: 9.28k including progressive parkrun in around 23:50 with the first k at 5:05 and the last at 4:30. Nice and controlled. 
    Thought of you at around the 3k mark as usual, Emz!

Why: MLR with a bit of effort in the middle. Achilles not happy though. Must stretch!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Enjoy the cheese  Festival it sounds a corker:-)

Ale : Great job on parkrun and watch that achilles.

EM: So Bump could be either how exciting:-)

What: 7.39 miles hilly route
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: getting out of bed
    Lyrics Nope

First run on hilly route in over a week and a lot faster than previous around 25 sec a mile, so legs are happy on the flatter and hillier course:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Bumped into a school friend at Wycombe parkrun (she coincidentally lives there despite not being from there and I don't despite the fact I am!). I was meeting her for coffee tomorrow anyway but so nice to have company. Just over 37 min. It was her first parkrun of the year so funny to have caught her!

Lmh that doesn't sound good but glad you're being sensible.

Ale :) about the 3 km mark. 

Good run WP. 

Chick how are you feeling?
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LMH: You're the last person that could be called lazy so resting is the sensible thing to do. Trust your physio. She knows you and wouldn't suggest another wee break if she didn't think it made sense :)

37 mins with a bump is quite impressive, em or was that the time your friend ran? And how exciting you still don't know if it's a boy or a girl :smile:

Nice progressive PR, ale.

Great consistent running, poppy.

I can finally report something! Was expecting a 10mm run with my HR through the roof as that's how it usually pans out after being ill but it was a lot less shocking at 9mm with my HR being higher by only a few beats. Phew. The nightingales were out in force on the trails. Just so lovely to hear.

What: a little over 5 miles
    Why: comeback run
    Last hard: bracing myself
    Last rest: Mon-Fri :(
    Lyrics: no
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Hmm cheese LMH! +1 to resting being the sensible option.

Well done on the parkrun Ale.   Have you done your stretching?

Nice that you met your friend at parkrun emz. 

Well done on the hills WP that is quite an improvement.

Good that you are back out Chicksta.

Hill race went well yesterday despite the legs not being in great shape (too much mileage the day before maybe). 2 second couse PB and third in my age group. Got to stand on a box and receive a prize (pot of jam, box of muesli bars and a bottle of OJ on a wooden chopping board, all useful things). At least one of my faster rivals was missing - lucky there.  My running group also picked up 1st for F55 and 3rd for M65 and 3 raffle prizes so a good outing. Need to work on my leg strength as the steeper rougher ground always reduces me to a shuffle with others overtaking. I can generally catch up on flatter ground though.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Ah forgot the standard bits...

What: short recovery in the wind and wet
    Why: legs tired from jogging the steep route back to the start
    Last hard: steep single track sections on tracks in the woods in yesterday's race
    Last rest 1.5

Lyrics:no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Thanks for the stretching reminder, Hazel, and well done yesterday on the podium finish and nice collection of useful prizes.

Just watching the Spurs game out of the corner of one eye: one of our number will not be happy!

And now to stretch!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    great running Hazel

easy parkrun at Andover with Mrs RFJ before the Hurstbourne 5 Multi-terrain race (with an elevation of 20m shy of a fell race....

the First mile is all up hill followed by 2.75m of woodland running before a short drop before a sting up again before the last drop down to the finish.... had a good run and now waiting for the results as believe, well I have exactly the same watch time as last year.... spooky

So a good solid day.... now off to Bristol to see Midge Ure and India Electric Company in concert....

Take care
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done, RFJ (times two)! That multi-terrain race has never been my sort of thing, although happy to train on that sort of course...occasionally. Enjoy the concert!
  • Well done Hazel - nice collection of prizes there, much more useful than most of the stuff I manage to pick up on occasion.

Great to hear that you feel well enough to run chicksta and that it wasn't as bad as you feared.

Another good run from you Poppy.

That's some speedy walking emzap. Lots of yellow clothes then? :-)

Did you ever get to see the consultant RFJ?

Have walked nearly eight miles today and leg is definitely feeling better. Will have another go at it with the stick shortly.

Hope your achilles has settled down Alehouse.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    Hazel - well done, great selection of goodies too
    RFJ - sounds a good race, never done that one so maybe next year...
    Emz - did I say ultra...??!! not for a few months at least

What - easy park run (26.04) 
    Why - marathon on Monday
    last rest - Last Friday
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - nope