New to this and looking to buy some beginners gear

I am looking into getting into runing a bit more seriously, i currently go for a jog on a sunny morning but feel that i should try a little harder to stay fit. I enjoy my jogs so thought that running may be my thing. Hey if I enjoy it I might stick at it.

So thinking about things i need and reckon a new pair of trainers would be the best 1st investment, there are so many choices and they range from crazy cheap to need to take a mortgage out, i am looking for something sensible but not too expensive, thought these would be a good start https://amzn.to/2DpMEYx as they seem to be a decent brand, performance rather than fashion.
What do you think?

Comments

• enrvukenrvuk ✭✭✭
    My number one tip would be to go to a good running shop. Find one where they will watch you run on a treadmill and tell you if you need a particular kind of shoe. You can then try the shoes on and run on the treadmill before committing to them.
  • I would second the comment above. I'm new to running but wanted to make sure I wasn't going to do myself any damage by having the wrong shoes. Went to a local store who analysed my gait on video and I tried on a number of pairs. Went with a mid range pair that felt really comfortable. What surprised me is that I'm a size 4 and I ended up buying a size 5, but they fit perfectly.
  • GuarddogGuarddog ✭✭✭
    You would tend to go at least half a size up on runners. After continually losing toenails that's what I do now.
  • Definitely go to a running shop just got back into running, used the same trainers as before when I was picking up injuries, started getting horrendous shinsplints after less than a mile, so got my feet tested and have done 16 miles over 4 sessions and not one bit of bother so far