Thursday 9th May 2019 Where you from, you sexy thing?

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: Where you from, you sexy thing?

I see you are out from behind the curtain, Wabo! And now on cloud 9! The lyrics have Spurs in mind of course! Watched the second half in an increasingly wild pub!

What: short run, long fitness suite

Why: ran hard yesterday
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - My Salvation - Lighthouse Family.

Something to do with the football I'm guessing....................?

Glad you were able to get out emzap.

Despite/because (?) I did a shorter run yesterday my calf feels a little tight this morning. I will have a go with the stick and see how it feels after I've walked Grace.

What:           hopefully short and easy
    Why:            see above
    Last hard:    not being able to run as I'd like
    Last rest:     4/5

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ha ha the very lyrics I would have chosen!!! What a night alehouse!  Enjoy the short run and well done on the hard run! 
    Lmh yes spurs absolutely pulled something amazing out VB of the bag to get to the champions League final!  Frustrating about your calf! Hope it eases soon
    I saw my physio who worked hard on the stiff big toe and calf. He said stretch my calves more and wear my insoles as my Arches are very low!! 
    What off soon for 3 miles happy run
    Why spurs!
    Last hard half time last night
    Last rest 31/12/16
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Possibly a swim but might have to wait in for boiler man
    Why: rest from running. Boiler ignition failed
    Last hard: boiler failure
    Lyrics no

Well done to Spurs
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Wabo - up early or up late still celebrating?!?
    LmH - go easy with that calf
    OH - hope the boiler man arrives promptly so you get your swim in

What - easy running / coaching U11s
    Why - Thursday easy
    last rest - Sunday
    last hard - Monday
    lyric - yes

legs feeling a bit easier, may try a short track session Saturday - Southern track league and Vets league on consecutive days next weekend!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

So that is two teams celebrating I believe.......I don't follow the football only Rugby;-)

OH I hope Boiler man comes and fixes boiler!

What: 7.2 miles
    Why< Because I can
    Last hard: Getting out of bed
    Lyrics Yes

Legs are still heavy and tired oh well they have to come right soon;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    You must be delighted Wabo.  My OH saw it in the pub (he was primarily there to chat with his badminton buddies rather than watch the football) and told me the result and I thought of you straight away.

Boiler fixed now I hope OH.

Stick = rolling the calf rather than beating it I guess LMH.  Hope you can get out.  Good news about the dentist.
    I got two pairs of shoes yesterday - 1 x trail (Saucony Peregrines) and 1 x everyday (Brooks Ravenna).  Interesting to get an analysis done again (TM with video) - haven't been to that shop before but he seemed to know what he was talking about.   OH also has new shoes so he maybe will come out on a run a bit more often.

That must have been nasty weather yesterday Ale for that amount of clothing. 

Enjoy the Provence, Chicksta.  You might well not read it then but I should be doing 2 x 1200 and 4 x 800 @3k-5k race pace (or seeing as I don't have one of those @ around 4:03/km).  Penultimate week of the HM schedule 46-63 miles.  I have scaled it down to 2 x 1000 and 4 x 800 but will postpone to tomorrow. 

Nice that you got out for a run after the windowless room emzap

What: 6 miles with some strides
    Why: I am not doing "proper" speedwork in a gale
    Last rest: 6.05.
    Last hard: not spending too much money in the running shop.  The trail shoes at least were a decent price and involved a free pair of good socks.

Lyrics: hmmm - maybe.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon
    Hazel so happy! Enjoy the strides, ooh two pairs of new shoes!!
    Poppy enjoy your run!
    Lol Dustin I was up early  to get my run done, enjoy easy thursday

I had a very nice bouncy 3 mile run!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Still around :). We're driving tonight. Both hubby and I prefer nighttime driving. Less traffic then.

That sounds like a successful shopping spree, Hazel. I remember that session. Did it on the TM in my lunch break but ran out of time so the last 800 had to bite the dust. I enjoyed those sessions. Hard but they make you feel good once they're out of the way.

A Spurs miracle :) 💪

Nice running, poppy.

OH: you're a hardcore winter swimmer, you don't need hot water :D

Sounds like a good weekend of races, Dustin.

Sorry to hear your legs are still not right, LMH.

What: 7 miles
    Why: dodging showers
    Last hard: still feeling a bit weak
    Last rest: Friday
    Lyrics: yes
  • Safe journey and happy holidays chicksta.

Hope your boiler was soon fixed OH.

Nice shopping Hazel. Alehouse tends to wear quite a lot when he's training. The stick is a harder version of the roller - not pleasant but it seems to be effective.

Time to freshen up for the weekend Poppy?

Sounds like you'll need to recover well before and after that weekend Dustin.

Legs felt ok after Grace's walk and no worse whilst running. I've spent the day in compression tights (good job it isn't warm) and that seems to have helped the calf. Hopefully there'll be no adverse reaction tomorrow.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: rest from running, my brain is fried though!
    Why: time/have been in workshops since 7.45 which included 3 hours of statistics...
    Last hard: see above
    Lyrics: yes

Lmh hope the rolling helps
    Happy holidays and safe driving chick 
    Chick your comment about oh's water made me laugh
    Wabo sounds like a good run

Have a lovely evening all. Off out with a friend I've not seen for about 3 years. 
  • Boiler fixed :smile:
    Double sea swim today (800m then 400m)