Friday 10th May 2019 - When I get home it's late at night

Morning.

Lyrics - When I get home it's late at night

Chilly here again with rain forecast to come in from late morning - where's the better weather?

Good news that you now have heating and hot water OH - I expect you needed it after your swims!

What:            easy miles
Why:             still nursing the left calf
Last hard:     getting over London
Last rest:       4/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning lmh (btw, I think the better weather is here, forecast 20 today)

What: hopefully a walk, maybe a run to a local park
    Why: have most of the morning off so have a bit of time
    Last hard: getting out of bed for 7:45 session! 
    Lyrics: nope

Glad your boiler is fixed lmh!

Have a lovely day all
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    LMH don't need it too hot but a couple of dry and sunny days would be nice I agree.

Are you still in Vienna emzap?  I guess so by the temperature.  Enjoy your morning off!

Good news on the boiler OH.

Hope you had a good journey Chicksta. 

Have a good Friday everyone - not too long until the weekend.

What: intervals later
    Why: better weather today (currently wet but much less wind)
    Last hard: that will be
    Last rest: 6.5.

Lyrics: familiar
  • Enjoy the warmth emzap it's cold here - I'm having a coffee to warm up after Grace's walk before heading out for my run.

Glad your weather has perked up a bit Hazel.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LmH - take it easy with that calf
    OH - good news about the boiler
    Emz - -enjoy the morning off
    And what a super week for English football! 

What - Easy lunchtime run
    Why - it looks like it may be dry
    last rest - Sunday
    last hard - Monday 
    lyric - yes!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Yes hazel, home tomorrow, though conference session tomorrow morning so I don't get home until 9pm or so, lose a lot of my weekend!

Not looking to return to cold, my husband has told me it's been raining since I left. At least my garden's getting watered I suppose!
  • I'm being sensible Dustin. Not happy that I can still feel it on stretching first thing in the morning but had an email conversation with my physio this morning who has told me to keep running but book in with her for the end of next week (if I can) with a view to cancelling if I'm ok by then so she isn't unduly worried.

Not good that you'll only have half a weekend emzap. How is your fatigue now?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Take it easy, Emz!

What: probably an easy run wearing lots of clothing

Why: being kind to my legs/train heavy race light/patchy but heavy rain forecast

Yesterday's lyrics were Hot Chocolate with "I Believe in Miracles", for any SPurs supporters on here.

Are you going to Madrid, Wabo?

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Busy start to the thread today;-)

OH Great news on boiler.

Em: Enjoy the sunshine and park today 

What: 3.3 miles
    Why: Tapering
    Last hard: Heavy legs this week
    Lyrics no

Legs felt normal again finally only taken 4 days after race.I may have to accept that it takes longer to recover the older one gets!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    wow OH I bet you are happy to have a fixed boiler
    Poppy what are you tapering for? oh and what race did you do?
    alehouse, no I won't go to Madrid, we are on a family holiday in Cornwall that week so we can't make up our minds where to watch.  I don't have enough points to get a ticket or enough money to go there lol! Have a nice run, keep warm 
    LMH, I need to stretch my calves lots too, hopefully yours ease without the need for physio
    emzap, bring back some nice weather!
    dustin agree about English football, been amazing! Have a nice lunchtime run, sun shining at the moment
    hazel enjoy the intervals and weekend
    lyrics no
    I am playing a game on my runs lately, trying to see what distance I can get to by 30 mins lol!
    What: 30+ mins later
    why: see above
    last hard: yesterday am and yoga last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

My first Essex xctry 10k tomorrow morning, will be interesting...
    Have a great weekend all I'll be at my mums tomorrow afternoon then Spurs Sunday.  I will try to encourage a junior park run out of Cleo...

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    3.5 km done with a few photo stops.

Lmh fatigue better but still not right. Had a lie down after my run!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    wow emzap lovely!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Glad you're feeling a bit better emzap. Looks like a nice run, please bring some of that weather home with you!

Sounds as though you have a busy weekend ahead Wabo. Hope you can persuade Cleo to parkrun.

Good news Poppy.

Hope you managed to miss the rain Alehouse.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Quiet today!

A gentle 25 minutes, missing the rain. Has rained most of the day since. Have spent much of it viewing cricket from Lords: sunny in London!

Griffin shortly, then parkrun tomorrow, I imagine.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Lovely pics emzap. Good you could take advantage of the weather.  Travel well tomorrow, hope you can have a nice relaxing Sunday.

Agree on the longer recovery time after races WP.  Also curious what you are tapering for.

Shame you can't go to Madrid Wabo, but a holiday in Cornwall must be a good thing too. Good luck for your 10k!

Griffin = pub Ale? If so, cheers (opens bottle of beer.. ) Have a good parkrun tomorrow.

Any other racers this weekend?

Did my neglected intervals earlier, 2 x 1k, 4 x 800m.  All measured by GPS on a flattish bit of road so likely a bit inaccurate.  Nonetheless the 1st 1k was spot on @ 4:03, things went a bit downhill after that with my pace slipping towards 10k pace but I was fairly happy with the results as I got the session done and worked hard by percieved effort.  

Tried out the Brooks Ravenna shoes, bit risky doing intervals in an unknown shoe but they seem okay.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Greetings from Lake Geneva.

Hazel: I waved at you as we were driving past Berne today in quite horrendous traffic. well done on the intervals.

Enjoy the Griffin, ale.

Lovely pics, em

Good luck tomorrow,  Wabo

Good luck poppy, too if you're tapering it sounds like an impending race.

What: 1000k drive to Lausanne, a long walk and a 3 mile run
    Why: hols
    Last hard: getting up at 2am
    Last rest: 3/5
    Lyrics: I think so

• Nice pictures Emzap and Chicksta 
    Where exactly is that, Chicksta? 
    Used to have a friend in Lausanne and have run (and swam of course) there. Travelled by train from Geneva to Montreux more than once too. However can't place photo location.

Sea swim and yoga today.
    (Parkrun then ferry south for Cape Wrath)
    Last hard: probably Sunday (running "out of my league")
    Last rest: no running yesterday or today by design
    Lyrics as usual (no)

Weather has been quite sunny and Clement past 2 days so now feeling I overreacted to boiler hitch. However not complaining at nice weather and fixed boiler.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening! From the Oak. Griffin earlier. Both alehouses, Hazel. OH is familiar with both. Good session from you!

And not jealous at all, Chick! Enjoy the holiday!