Saturday 11th May 2019 - Paint on a caution wind

Morning.

Lyrics - Paint on a caution wind

That was a long drive chicksta. Looks beautiful, enjoy your break.

You wouldn't have wanted to leave knowing the boiler was dodgy though OH, better to have it sorted before you go. Safe journey and I hope you and Els have a lovely week at CW.

I don't know how you do those sessions Hazel - good to have it in the bag.

Calf is stiff and achey again this morning but I don't think it's any worse. Hopefully by the time I've been shopping and walked Grace it will be ok again. I shall err on the side of caution though and go no further than yesterday at most.

What:            easy miles
Why:             calf
Last hard:     getting this calf better
Last rest:      4/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Beautiful photos chick. Looks like lovely weather as well.
    Lmh hope calf eases after your run. I promise to try and bring sun back with me!

What: morning of lectures followed by trip back home
    Why: last day of conference
    Last hard: this has been. Though enjoyable I'm exhausted!
    Lyrics: nope

Have a good trip to Cape Wrath oh. Still determined to do it one day!

Happy parkrunning all parkrunners. Just saw that they are starting one in my old town in Germany, just 3 years too late!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Travel well, Chick,  Emz, OH!

Enjoy your week OH, and am looking forward to Wednesday's fancy dress photos!

What: gentle parkrun

Why: don't do parkrun hard

Bright and sunny at present; hope it remains that way.

LMH: have you seen that Yeovil entries are on special offer today only? Somerset Day special!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Some more nice pics yesterday, thanks!

Have a good journey to those travelling, Chicksta if you are coming back the same route I can give you tips as to how to get around the worst of the jams. 

Hope you have a good parkrun Ale.  Must be ready to go as I write this.

Where were you in Germany emz?

That calf is stubborn LMH. 

Have a nice Saturday all.

What: recovery miles.  Might also go to Berne later to wartch the annual 10 mile race, know quite a few people running but finding them in the 15000 taking part might be hard
    Why: nothing too strenuous after yesterday's speedwork
    Last hard: breathing in yesterday's speedwork
    Last rest: 6.5
  • I hadn't Alehouse - thank you. All entered:-)

It is proving difficult to shift Hazel but then I need to remember that tomorrow is only two weeks since London. It's easy to forget - feels like aeons ago. Enjoy the spectating.

It's looking as though you may have sent it on ahead emzap!

Lovely and sunny here now so I suppose I should get out for my run! Calf has eased with my walk but the leg doesn't feel as good as it did yesterday morning so I suppose I should be cautious and do a few less miles especially as I'd like to go longer tomorrow <<sigh>>
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Glad you are all entered for Yeovil LMH:-)

Safe travels to the travellers;-)

What:2 miles
    Why: Leg loosener
    Last hard: Keeping this so short:)
    Lyrics: Nope

Oh well that is me done  :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Morning again!

Glad to be of service, LMH!

Hope your legs are feeling bouncy, WP! Go progressively well tomorrow!

What: 3k warm up, comfortable parkrun, 2k warm down then fitness suite for pushing weight through the Achilles in particular. 

Why: comfortable because I don't do hard parkruns. Still had plenty of kit on: bright but chilly, and it is a run not a race! There were pacers today and I deliberately set off behind the 25 minute pacer, going through 1k with her just over 5 minutes. Very busy today in the first k. I gradually upped the pace and caught sight of the 24 minute pacer well ahead just after I passed 3k, at pretty well the same time as I had a quick virtual chat with Emz! (We once did this parkrun together and just after 3k always springs to mind!) Gradually pulled in the 24 minute guy and passed him with 800 to go. Not sure of time as I somehow didn't stop my watch; probably in the 23:40 region, not that it matters!

Edit: 23:27. 24 minute pacer actually did 23:47, which was obviously a little too quick, and why it took me so long to see him, never mind catch him. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Thanks for well wishes, LMH and Ale.

26m13 parkrun this morning, heading to Durness later today.

No running past 2 days but lots of swimming.

Last hard: Sunday

Lyrics no

HM and pub quiz Monday.
    May have "enhanced roll" at Meet and Greet tomorrow evening...
  • PS weather was perfect for parkrun, but hailing now!
    Forecast good for week ahead.  :)
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Good luck for the coming week OH :)

I think a few asked what race sorry  :) Trap ,Llandeilo 4.70 miles fun run although with a hard hilly first mile not sure where the fun is :D 
    Thanks Alehouse it will be a progressive run 😁.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    good parkrunning OH and Ale

I wanted a fast hard one today at parkrun and got what I wanted and more.... a few weekks back hit 21:34, aim today was to see where I have come in the last 4-5 weeks... answer a long way as hit a 21:07, very happy.

Off to the cottage with Jnr tomorrow for the last game in the prem league for a while.... (he hit a 19:46 today at parkrun after not doing one for 2-3 months.... youth eh?)

Take care
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done RFJ (and Junior)! Enjoy the match tomorrow!
  • Glad you all enjoyed your parkruns.

Is that a cheese or ham roll OH  ;)

I don't envy you such a short race with a hill Poppy - not my idea of fun.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Lovely pictures OH, Emz & Chick
    Good park runs, parkrunners

What - a day of housework and DIY before escaping for 10k in the woods. Legs still a bit jaded
    Why - get some air
    last rest - Sunday
    last hard - Monday
    lyric - perhaps