Sunday 12th May 2019 - Money, who needs it

Morning.

Lyrics - Money, who needs it

Let me live my life free and easy

It is a lovely morning here, dry, still and bright and forecast to be positively mild - hope all racers and runners have the same good running conditions. My calf feels the best it has since London this morning so I will test if with a few extra miles.

What:           either a MLR or a LSR
Why:            four weeks to Yeovil
Last hard:    healing this calf
Last rest:     4/5

Yesterday's lyrics - For A Better Day - Avicii
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Very close to a frost here: 2 degrees. 

Hope you get a good run in, LMH, but the real test will be to see how the calf is tomorrow, of course! 

I am not surprised the legs are a little jaded Dustin: is it not less than a week that you ran MK marathon?

Go Poppy, and other racers of course!

What: short and easy run/long fitness suite

Why: trying not to increase the kms too quickly and strength and conditioning etc.

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Quiet in here - is everyone out enjoying the sunshine? It's a glorious day here - shorts and t-shirt weather even for me when I set off for my run at 0815hrs.

I was thinking exactly the same as I ran Alehouse, I won't know how today's run went until tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed. Perhaps most importantly though I really enjoyed it. Hoe you had a good one.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Good news on the run LMH, hope the calf is quiet tomorrow. 

Did it warm up a bit for your run Ale?

Good luck to any racers, probably finished by now given its nearly midday, in which case I hope it went well!

What: 10 miles later this afternoon
    Why: longish run this week (tapering for next week's HM so reduced mileage)
    Last hard: not regretting taking part in the big 10 mile race in Berne yesterday.  Enjoyed watching though and picking out my teammates.  Overall M winner in 44:57 on an undulating course, that really did look fast when he shot past at just short of 10k.
    Last rest 6.5.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Afternoon!

That was a quick ten mile race yesterday, Hazel! Close to the world best!

LMH: the real test for the calf will be when you run tomorrow. I would expect some tenderness on waking but hopefully it should wake up later!

Gentle run here, still chilly in the shade, then worked quite hard in the fitness suite, putting the biggest weights yet through my Achilles. 

Wonder how Daisy is doing? Not noticed her posting for a while. Anyone heard from others like BenjySC etc?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That's speedy Hazel! Enjoy your run.

It usually eases when I walk Grace Alehouse, if it's ok for the walk it should be ok for the run. I was thinking about missing posters whilst I was out running. Clouded over here now - think I had the best of the day.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon
    Hot and hilly race start delayed till 11.30 I hate heat so altered my plan.Ran conservative for first Murderous hilly mile past lots of runners walking already! and no one past me the  whole way, I  even stopped at the 2 water stops for half a cup of water which I never do.
    Held my position from 3 miles in and almost caught the 3rd Old lady 40 secs ahead of me , but we ran country lanes and a car pulled out I had to stop and I could not catch her.It was a village held race but a great community spirit and for£6 a medal, tshirt and water.

Will I be back.....oh yes thank goodness for my hills :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Well done WP! Sounds like you enjoyed it! Glad it was progressive!

45.5k for the week for me, highest for a couple of years. Will probably back off next week so that I don't get carried away! Am working a good deal this week (SATs week, i.e. primary school exams) so an easier week might work well.

Warm and sunny this pm (17-18 degrees): lawns mowed. 

Have you been meeting and greeting, OH?
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    I was thinking about Daisy and others as well yesterday.  

Well done WP that is a great bargain of a race.  Good tactics regarding the hills.  

Warmer for you then Ale.  Good progress on the mileage and hopefully not too much stress next week workwise.    

Yesterday's winner is a three time world champion at HM (Geoffrey Kamworer).  He was some 4 minutes ahead of 2nd place.  Sad to read that someone died having finished the race.  :/

10 miler went well this afternoon - kept the pace sensible on the first more undulating half and built up to MP over the second half.  Felt pretty comfortable.  Hoping for decent conditions next weekend - doesn't look like we will get a heatwave but next week will be windy until at least Thursday.  Can't change it anyway.