Monday 13th May 2019 - Here I am again in this mean old town

Morning.

Lyrics - Here I am again in this mean old town

Glad you enjoyed it Poppy.

It brightened up here again in the afternoon Alehouse - and it's looking as though it's going to be another lovely day again today. If my leg was 100% I'd probably have headed out for another LSR or at least a MLR but I don't think that would be sensible today. A busy time at work is a good one to combine with a lighter week.

Is it another of your race series races at the weekend Hazel?

My calf is ok this morning but not as good as it was before yesterday's run and the knee and hamstring insertion are a little niggly too. I'm hoping it all eases when I walk Grace but I will be being sensible despite the beautiful weather and keep it short. May try to get to the gym this afternoon as it's my best chance until Saturday (would usually be working but this week is different as it's exam week for us too) but I'm not sure I can make myself spend the time inside and miss the good weather.

What:                short and easy/maybe gym
Why:                 being sensible
Last hard:         being sensible
Last rest:          4/5

Yesterday's lyrics - (I'm A) Road Runner - Fleetwood Mac.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: something later

Why: work first, sensible head, plus Achilles not happy, although I am not surprised after the weight put through it. Has to be done though. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning
    WP- well raced yesterday
    LmH - good to see you're being sensible!

What - easy lunchtime miles / QoP ironing me out later 
    Why - ticking over / there is a lot to iron out!
    last rest - last Sunday
    last hard - last Monday
    lyric - think so

Yesterday was indeed a delightful one. Decided against an early run, and lounged around instead, then a few hours in the garden before a 2 mile walk to - and from - an old pub for lunch. So headed out for 10k in the fields last night just before sundown. Peaceful - and deserted!

• Sorry to hear that your achilles is being bothersome Alehouse.

I'm trying Dustin but it's such a lovely day out there I am very tempted to do one of my MLR routes thinking that it's so warm I can always stop and walk home if I need to though I've just had a look at P&D's six week between marathons schedule and they say 'no' - but of course I won't be doing the speed work they advocate. Another coffee and a bit of work and then I shall decide - or more likely set off and see how I feel.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    sorry to hear about your niggles LMH, keep it easy, you will I am sure
    alehouse sorry to hear about your achilles
    dustin have a nice ironing!

what: short run this morning, bit more later
    why: time
    last hard: yesterday pushing my 30 mins
    last rest: 31/12/16

Mum in hospital so my weekend was taken up mostly, didn't do the essex 10k. Think I only enter on the day in future :-(
    Mum is on a stroke ward but we think the painful sciatica has caused her to not eat or drink and keep taking pain killers which left her so confused and muddled that the care lady who went in Friday morning called an ambulance straight away.  Thank goodness for her as now mum is getting proper treatment. Results of MRI today, I really do  not expect it to show a stroke. Just came off the phone to mum and she spoke perfectly ok for the first real time to me since Thursday.

I am emotionally drained, the running has kept me stable though!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Hope you get good news regarding your mum today Wabo and that you can keep getting out to clear your mind when you need to and keep the streak going.

Lovely Sunday Dustin. 

Hope the achilles is just a temporary setback Ale.

Hope the run goes well LMH and you get the distance / intensity right to be able to enjoy the weather and not further upset the niggles.  The upcoming HM isn't part of my race series (those are all hill races) but a flat city race.  Next hill race isn't until the end of June for me.

What: Rest day
    Why: Monday

Lyrics: no
  • Sorry to hear about your mum Wabo, I hope it's good news today.

Is this a target race Hazel?

Too nice to be sensible here - I just hope I don't get to regret this morning's run but if I do, well, I enjoyed it at the time!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Wabo I hope it is good news later today for you with regards to mum.

Thanks for wishes over race;-)

What 6.11 miles
    Why: Because I could and did
    Last hard Calf and achilles soreness last night

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hi guys sorry for the absence. We traveled most of Saturday from Switzerland to Provence, taking the scenic Route Napoleon instead of the dull motorway. Lots of fun driving in the mountains with the roof down :)

OH: We stayed in Morges which is a few miles west of Lausanne.

Well done on your races and parkruns, poppy, RFJ and ale.

Wabo: so sorry to hear your mum is unwell, wabo :(

LMH: looks like you're making progress. Hope the hamstring issue is just a niggle.

Your evening run sounds lovely, Dustin.

Hazel: that dude ran the 10 miler in a time that I usually run 10 ks at :D
    Thanks for the offer on traffic advice but we'll be driving home in one go on a different route. Luckily there was no jam, just dense traffic.

Having a bit of a hard time running here as we're on top of a hill and surrounded by hills. My flattest route has 200m of ascent over 2.5k 😲. There's also no pavement and the French are rubbish drivers. Didn't run on Saturday but managed a little over 5k yesterday and today. There's an airfield in the valley but it doesn't look like there's a road around it, just some private drives. May try a run there tomorrow anyway. Problem is to get there I have to run down another steep hill... and back up again
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    well very good news, mum hasn't had a stroke, sitting up smiling. They want to send her home but my brother is insisting that the sciatic problem needs to be sorted (MRI or something).  Anyway good news 
    Chicksta that sounds an awkward place to run!
    WP hope the soreness eases!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Sorry to hear about your mum, Wabo...but good news now! Your brother is right to be persistent!

Does sound awkward, running-wise, Chick!

What: 10k off road, although the off road was rather firm!

Why: was not needed at work quite as long as I thought, so decided to run 45 minutes. After a break I decided it was a nice day so rounded it up to 10. Achilles was fine and I am not worried by it; more annoying, particularly when I first walk the day after putting weight through it. The idea is to stretch the tendon so it runs more smoothly through the sheaf. I think. Will be doing more of the same later. Gardening first, and it needs a fair amount of attention. Did very little last year due to the back fracture so much is overgrown.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good news Wabo and Alehouse.

Sounds as though you need to give a little more thought to your holiday destinations chcksta  :)

Hope your calf and achilles settle down Poppy.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Relieved to hear thar, wabo.

Well, it's Provence so hills are par for the course. The roads remind me of Cornwall :)
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    It is quite pretty here and perfect for sitting outdoors :)
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    God news on your mum Wabo, hope the hospital can do something for her sciaticawise.

Hope the leg has improved a bit by now WP.

Good news on the achilles Ale.  How about a goat or two for the overgrown bits of your garden, my neighbour has two I can lend you if you can cope with lots of baaaaahhh.

Nice you could enjoy your run LMH.  My HM is my spring target race, I'm almost feeling too relaxed about it at the moment.  A PB would be nice (currently a bit below 1:39) but that will only happen if I get the pacing right.

That looks lovely Chicksta, those chairs are just waiting for someone to sit down.  Just need a nice cool drink on the table.  I somehow thought Provencevis flat and full of lavender fields, maybe need to brush up on my geography.  Be careful with those (down)hills.

My rest day was cancelled as I needed to collect my car from having yet another chewed on cable repaired, a gentle plod through the woods @ 6:01 /km won't hurt.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good suggestion with the goat, Hazel! Probably be seen off by the resident urban fox though! 

Wonder how OH got on: first day of Cape Wrath and I believe it is a not-so-easy half marathon! And could well have been warm. 
  • I hope it isn't the neighbour's goat chewing on your car cables Hazel!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    lovely pics Chicksta

Sorry to hear about the Achilles issues again Ale, Take care.

Lyrics, oh yes, one of Fav bands.

new group at club tonight, a parkrun plus group aimed at taking people from parkrun to 10k, all went well and a good little session

Take care