Wednesday 15th May 2019 - Ain't got a soapbox I can stand upon

Morning.

Lyrics - Ain't got a soapbox I can stand upon

Yoga and a hike sound like a good idea in those hills chicksta. Thanks for asking, my left calf isn't good, I can feel it most of the time and especially when I stretch it. The foam roller and stick are quite painful too. It does ease but not entirely and I can feel it whilst I run though I don't think it's affecting my gait and it doesn't seem to get any worse. I don't know what to do really so I'm just keeping going and enjoying the lovely weather.

Hope you enjoyed your yoga emzap.

Taper time Hazel?

Hope it's not too warm for you today OH.

What:             easy miles
Why:              sanity/habit/don't know what else to do
Last hard:      getting over London
Last rest:       4/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's lyrics were Whatever Will be, Will be (Que Sera Sera), Doris Day

What: Que Sera Sera

Why: easier week so unlikely to do Wednesday's usual quicker run.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: 7 mile hilly route-yay
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard Sunday's race but aches are almost gone
    Lyrics: No

I usually stop my hilly route over the summertime for an easier route but decided 3 times a week is what is needed.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Enjoyed short race yesterday
    Weather continuing good -slightly cooler today

10 mile mixed terrain race "Round Durness"
    That's today's CWC
    Last hard: Monday
    Lyrics no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Hills - love 'em! I find the key is to practice both up and down running. Some steep downs can be quite hard if you spend most of the time braking rather than let gravity do it's thing. I'm a mere novice compared to some of the mountain goats I see !

What - easy lunchtime, coaching tonight
    Why - recovery/ routine
    last rest - 10 days
    last hard - yesterday. Pyramids on grass, 200,400,600,800,1k and back down with 200 easy between.
    Legs very heavy, but I guess 8 days on from a marathon that is to be expected.
    Southern Track league on Sunday - I'm going as timekeeper and hoping not to run the 3k or the steeplechase. I guess it depends if we need the points. Monday night is Vets league: 800, 3k and Triple...
    A few harder weeks looming: South Downs Relay on June 1st (3 legs of ~10k each) followed by our home marathon on June 9th (jogging round). Then rest, then track.

lyric - don't think so.

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Yep - taper this week LMH.  Just a couple of easy runs to go.

Nice pics OH - lovely beach. Have a good run today.

Dustin - agree on practicing the downs as well as the ups - I'm not so good at the letting yourself go down the hill.  As long as my quads hurt afterwards and not my knees I'm ok.  Quite a schedule ahead of you.

Ale: no run at all today or just not quick?

Well done on your hills WP, do you normally drop the route in the summer if it is hot?

What: recovery later - might only go out after 9pm as it is again very windy (wind drops in the evening)
    Why: taper week for HM
    Last rest: 6.5

Lyrics:no
  • Beautiful photos OH - I'm so looking forward to being by the sea in a few weks.

That is a busy schedule Dustin. I love running downhill but aren't supposed to now - mind you there was always the small issue of needing to run up them first that put me off  :)

I can't imagine going out to run that late Hazel - does it not adversely affect your sleep? 

Enjoy whatever you decide to do Alehouse - it's another beautiful morning here.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    love your pics OH
    hazel enjoy your run later
    dustin ha ha I love the term mountain goats! I know some, not me! I find hills lots better than I used to years ago. I love that you are not hoping to do SC, I have a feeling...
    wp, enjoy the miles! 
    Alehouse enjoy your day whatever you do 

what: run commute home later and then dinner with the OH
    why: birthday gift from a good friend
    last hard: yesterday am, binned off the evening run in the end
    last easy: 31/12/16

I think I am feeling how you felt LMH, the whole mum stuff is getting me down so dinner will be lovely later

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I understand how you feel, Wabo...and not only mum but the Giselle issues etc as well! How far is the run commute?

Nice pics, OH! Enjoy today!

What: the Que sera sera turned out to be 3.2k gentle, 2 x 1k hard, short warm down. 

Why: worked this morning and then ran on the way home (off road around Sale Water Park). Decided I really should throw in a couple of quicker bits. Was quite tough on tired legs. Will have easier runs for the next few days I think.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse - altogether it will be about 4 miles, with a train ride in the middle!
    Yes you are right Giselle too, they have cancelled her hip operation next week and delayed it to July.  Better for me as I can be around then.
    sounds like a nice Que sera
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

How annoying they've postponed wabo. Did they say why? Take it easy
    Ale nice que Sera
    Oh beautiful photos

What: physio plus a couple of walks
    Why: my legs hurt so decided not to run today
    Last hard: bits of yoga. Antenatal yoga is no where near as physically challenging but I learnt some details I perhaps didn't want to know! She got out a model pelvis and some diagrams...
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely evening all
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    lovely pics OH

What - 13 x 200m intervals on grass
    Why - Speed session
    Last Hard - Tonight
    Last Rest - yesterday

Lyrics - possible

Take care all