Thursday 16th May 2019 - The best things in life are free

Morning.

Lyrics - The best things in life are free

Another nice start to the day here though forecast to be a bit breezier than it has been, nothing like the winds that Hazel has been experiencing though fortunately. It's forecast to be a bit colder and windier for the next couple of days (typical as I'm not at work) but warming up again for Sunday hopefully. My legs are better than they have been (I think I'm finally beating them into submission) but physio called late yesterday evening and offered a cancellation for this afternoon which I can make because a student cancelled yesterday afternoon (should have been at work at the time otherwise). I'm a bit reluctant to throw more money at them as we are on the edge a very low income time of the year for me now but Mark thought that I should go so I'll see what she says.

What:             easy miles/physio
Why:              hopefully to sort my legs out
Last hard:      knowing what to do for the best
Last rest:       4/5

Yesterday's lyrics - What Do I Know - Ed Sheeran.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Must have x-posted with OH yesterday as I missed those lovely photos!
    LmH - best of luck with the fizzio
    RFJ- sounds like a good session
    What - easy running & coaching U11s
    Why - Thursday is easy day
    Last rest - 05/05
    Last hard - 14/05
    lyric - yes!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: think so

What: short run, longer stretching and strengthening

Why: legs ache from yesterday/work/needs must
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    MORNING ALL!
    Lyrics, yes and I concur
    emzap, the postponed because they said they do not have the proper equipment??? Until july.  My son hopes she doesnt need it, he will be in bits :-(
    alehouse enjoy! 
    Dustin, you make me realise how time flies with your Thursday!! Enjoy the easy and coaching
    LMH have a good run and hope the physio sorts your legs

What: bike commute!! just 11.5 miles, first time in saddle since October, run and yoga later
    why: why not
    last hard: this am
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: Resting
    Why: Felt ill this morning thought hayfever but maybe a virus so dosing myself up to kill it .
    Last hard Sunday's race
    Lyrics:Yes
    last rest:16/05
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Hope you had a nice dinner yesterday Wabo to take your mind off of everything else.  Well done on getting back into the saddle for the bike-commute.

Nice grassy intervals RFJ.

Seems well invested money if you can get to the physio LMH.  I did my run in the afternoon yesterday, told myself to toughen up and put up with the wind.

Enjoy the coaching Dustin.

OH has a nice beach run to do today by the looks of things.

Good plan to rest if you feel ill WP.  Get well soon.

Have a good day.

What: more recovery paced miles
    Why: taper
    Last hard: not fighting the wind yesterday and accepting the slower pace (on a recovery run it really doesn't matter).
    Last rest: 6.5.

Lyrics: familiar

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel, I had a lovely evening, much needed!
    Enjoy y our recovery paced miles, yep pace doesn't matter!
    Poppy, wish you better
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hope you feel better soon Poppy.

Thanks hazel. I just sort of think that if I wasn't so stupid as to decide to run two marathons six weeks apart I could have just waited and things would have sorted themselves out, it's not as though I can't run and it isn't my livelihood. Good attitude for yesterday's run, hope the wind drops for your race.

Glad you enjoyed your meal out last night Wabo. I hope the weather stays nice for your ride home.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Didn't get round to posting yesterday.

LMH: sorry to hear calf is still causing trouble. That's been a long time now. What did your physio say?

OH: great pics

Wabo: glad you had a nice meal to take your mind off things a bit.

Poppy: hope it's not anything nasty

Dustin and others: I'm shit on hills. Mind you, the steep bits here have a 20% gradient and completely destroy your quads and knees. I can only run them with the brakes on and I walk them on the return. Maybe I get better at hill running by the end of our holidays :)

Enjoy the taper, Hazel.

Well done on the strength work, ale

What: 7 miles
    Why: found a flattish 1.5 mile loop through some vineyards in the valley
    Last hard: getting there (and back)
    Last rest: 11/5
    Lyrics: yes
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's hike:

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Our village seen from the vineyards on today's run:

• I love the poppies chicksta. Glad you found an easier route to run. Physio said that both of my legs were quite tight and for the first time ever worked on me for an additional quarter of an hour (into her lunch break) - which is a bit of a worry. On the plus side she said to just crack on with my training.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Great pics, Chick! Glad you found somewhere relatively flat!

Physio sounds positive, LMH! Have you booked another session?

Legs were not happy tonight: either I gardened too much yesterday, or ran too hard. Just generally and evenly tired. That's fine! 

Was today the fancy dress run, OH?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.