Friday 17th May 2019 - I thank my God

Morning.

Lyrics - I thank my God

For perfect love and peace

Physio said both my legs were tight Alehouse - and did an extra fifteen minutes work on them, something she hasn't done before which worried me a bit! However she has said to crack on with the training. I had a pre-race appointment booked anyway so will see her again in a couple of weeks.

It is grey, wet, windy and chilly here this morning - perfect day to keep the run short I think especially as my legs always feel battered after the not so tender ministrations of my physio.

What:            short and easy
Why:             miserable weather/legs battered/tired
Last hard:     not crying whilst the physio worked
Last rest:       4/5

Yesterday's lyrics - Money (That's What I Want) - The Flying Lizards.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

LMH: I meant it sounds positive in that she said crack on with the training. 

Weather sounds patchy here, also. Was hoping to press on with gardening today, but now not so sure. 

Lyrics: no. Was right with yesterday's and appropriate here as I wasn't paid this month. Timesheet was lost...and I know I handed it as leaving the office I then managed to drive through a red light (how I don't know). Have to do a "Safer Driving" course on the 28th. 

What: easy run, possible fitness suite

Why: legs were tired yesterday/the weather
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Double pain about your pay Alehouse. I have to say it's not enticing out here at the moment. Tempted to take a rest day but I have a feeling my legs won't thank me for it, they usually feel better for getting out.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I would certainly run today, LMH! First few miles after a battering are always unpleasant but will gradual loosen off and the legs will indeed thank you later!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Maybe once this shower has passed Alehouse  :)

Edit - hmmm, shower? I think the Met forecast may be a tad optimistic - it's chucking it down.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Edit for forgot to mention: lovely pics yesterday from Chicksta.  I especially like the waterfall (power shower?)

Hope that "shower" has passed by now LMH.

Ouch to the red light Ale and the lost timesheet.  Especially if the latter wasn't your fault.

What: rest day today
    Why: HM on Sunday, just a short shakeout to do tomorrow
    Last hard: getting stuff done on my last day at work for 2 weeks. 
    Last rest: today (probably will do a walk or some gardening cross training later or both though, the latter depends on when our rain turns up)

Lyrics: no
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning ,

Chick I so appreciate the Poppy photo is looks breath taking :)

LMH: I shower is all you got for your run and legs are responsive.

Alehouse: Oh what a double Whammy!! Alun had to go on one of those course's for going 33 in a 30mph zone.

Hazel: In case I forget Good Luck for Sunday's HM!!

Still feel not so good and RHR up 13 beats so another rest day......which is making me grumpy!

I should have know yesterday's lyrics!

lyrics today : All I can recall are prayers rather than a song.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    WOW!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chick - lovely pics, stop making me jealous you lot...
    OH - brilliant!
    LmH - hope the rain doesn't spoil the run
    Ale - naughty...I hope they sort the pay out too

What - going out now for an easy saunter
    Why - legs need it
    last rest - 12 days
    last hard - most of them seem that way at the moment
  • Excellent costumes OH - did you win the fancy dress?

Be careful if you decide to garden Hazel - dangerous activity this close to a target race. Are you going away?

Sorry to hear that you're still unwell Poppy.

Hope you enjoyed your lunchtime run Dustin.

No work today so I was able to wait for the rain to pass, it was breezy but quite mild out (though I was back in long sleeves). Legs were awful but they usually are after the ministrations of my physio, hopefully tomorrow's run will be better.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    I hope the green dye comes out of your beard ok OH.. :D Or did you apply another one on top?

Hope you had a nice saunter Dustin.

Better to rest WP.

Good you got out in the dry LMH.  I could do with some therapeutic weeding or digging but i will stay off of that.  We will go away during the 2 weeks but haven't yet decided where yet.  Weather looks a bit dodgy for camping and there is still a lot of snow in the alps...  Hmm - sunshine in Scotland and Provence.. ?  Might do a last minute somewhere.  I need a couple of days to wind down and get into real holiday mode first.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lol OH the beach run! great look!
    Alehouse, double ouch!!
    hazel enjoy the rest and have a great run sunday
    Poppy hope you are better soon
    lmh, hopefully your legs will thank you for the pounding

What: couple of miles this morning
    why: time
    last hard that, although I upped the pace and it felt good
    lastrest: 31/12/16
    Have a good weekend all
    park run tomorrow, running and helping 
    Volunteering at Hackney Half on Sunday
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Wabo - Surely it's the 'Ackney 'arf??
    decent 50 minute run, rain held off but overcast. 

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Great costume oh!

Hope your legs survived lmh. 

Ale what a pain

Dustin that made me laugh!

What: 5km run/walk
    Why: had to pick up prescription and collect vitamins from hospital (91p from there Vs £4 from boots!).
    Last hard: that was hard, my run walks are definitely becoming more walk than run...
    Lyrics: nope

Have a great evening all. Tgi Friday, definitely feeling my 1 day weekend last week!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Tee hee, Dustin :D
    Ackney arf love it

That's a massive price difference, em! Worth run walking 5 k for.

Love the fancy dress, OH.
    Not sure green is a very becoming colour though

No sun in Provence today, Hazel. Can't complain though, we've had plenty of sunshine in our first week.
    Went shopping in Antibes today. I gave the fancy boutiques a wide berth to go a bit crazy in Decathlon :D. The French stores are soo big. Couldn't resist.

Ale: that sucks :(

Glad you got out, LMH. Does your physio have any idea why it takes so long?

Hope you feel better,. Poppy

What: 5k down the hill and back up again
    Why: all I had time for
    Last hard: the hill is still hard
    Last rest: 11/5
    Lyrics: no

• It's good to combine your exercise with an errand emzap especially when it saves you so much money. Hope you manage to catch up with yourself this weekend.

What did you treat yourself too chicksta? My physio's theory is that I was depleted before I started the race and that because I wasn't able to take anything on during it I further depleted myself so rather than just something muscular it's more of an electrolyte/metabolic imbalance - not sure I concur though. Hope your sunshine returns.
  • Tomorrow's route

• Not even the best sea gods  :'(
    Totally degreened now including beard.

Not a good day today then, AH  :/

Walk up local hill to get above view of route tomorrow. The strip of water is the Kyle with Cape beyond.
    "Rest" day today
    Last hard Monday
    Lyrics no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Evening!

Nice fancy dress...but I don't like the look of the course, OH! Far too tough looking for my liking! 

And actually have had a good day: the traffic offence was at the end of March when I took my timesheet in. Get paid at least a month later and pay was due on the 15th. To be fair the staff involved have admitted it must be their fault and are rushing through a payment within seven days. 

The weather is the main reason for having a good day: glorious here most of the day with 20 degrees and sunshine, and most of the day spent cross-training in the garden. Have caught some of the cricket from Nottingham and the weather in LMH's neck of the woods is definitely somewhat cooler than here. No doubt the cloud is building ready for a damp parkrun in the morning. Take it easy, Emz! No doubt I will give you a thought just after 3k in the morning! Back to the cricket. A pleasant 25 minutes run along the riverbank this morning.