Saturday 18th May 2019 - There's always an I'm sorry

Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in Training
Morning.

Lyrics - There's always an I'm sorry

The standard must have been incredibly high OH. Hope you enjoy today's race and the ceilidh (I think that's tonight?).

20C Alehouse? Send some my way!

Keep it easy today Hazel - spend some time planning your holiday rather than gardening.

A grey and damp start to the day here but it is forecast to brighten up later and the wind has dropped so hopefully it will be a little more inviting by the time I'm ready to run (weekly shop to do and Grace to walk first on a Saturday). I reluctantly have to say that my leg actually feels worse since my last physio visit but it's still ok to run on so hopefully it's just sorting itself out.

What:               short and easy/gym
Why:                I want to/haven't been yet this week
Last hard:        getting my legs right
Last rest:         4/5

Yesterday's lyrics - Thoughts On A Grey Day - Fleetwood mac. 
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

A lot cooler here today, LMH! Grey and the threat of rain.

Take it easy, Hazel!

Enjoy your run to the boat and beyond, and back, OH!

Go well racers/parkrunners!

What: steady parkrun plus a few ks before and after

Why: not ready to do hard

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: today's a rest day. Though I'm going to Derby so I'm not sure it's really a rest (must remember my baby on board badge for the train!). Then Eurovision tonight
    Why: meeting ex-colleagues. We live all over the place and Derby's quite central
    Last hard: sleeping. Up at 5.30 due to back ache
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh that doesn't sound good. I hope it's like you say.

Have a lovely Saturday all and happy parkrunning
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Em: Baby onboard badge?? that is a new one on me :)

LMH:I hope the leg improves for you :(

Ale: Enjoy the parkrun.

What: 4.25 miles
    Why: Because I could
    Last hard: past 2 days with virus
    Lyrics: Nope

I was so pleased I could run as I did not feel up to it but thought lets see even if just a mile.Pace pretty nippy so nothing lost it seem's.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    WP distributed by London underground. Stops that "is she pregnant or is she fat?" uncertainty and increases the likelihood that someone will give you a seat!  Definitely worked on a packed train last weekend!
  • I've never heard of those either emzap. Whereabouts are you going (not that I'm heading in to town today as the A52 is closed)? Hope you have a nice time.

Glad you were able to run today Poppy.

It's trying to brighten up here Alehouse though it's not going to be warm.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    We are going to try Bear but may be trying our luck as they don't do bookings on Saturdays. What a pain that the road is shut, must make getting around a bit annoying.
  • It's only a pain really if we wanted to go into town but they've advertised it for ages so we planned accordingly. Hope you get in (I'm sure you will) - if you see this and remember would you check out what they do gf? The menu says 'gf options available' which doesn't help much - especially if they are mostly meat.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Just grey and overcast here: the expected rain has yet to fall. Not cold, but certainly not warm. 

What: parkrun plus 4k

Why: Saturday. Ran one second quicker than last week but it seemed a much harder effort. Needed help from  you at just past 3k, Emz rather than the other way round! Am struggling with a stomach that feels strained and afterwards one hip and both glutes were not quite right. Suspect it is from too much gardening rather than running. And have just done another session in the garden. Rain needed to save on watering. 

Enjoy Eurovision, those who are interested; I can't say that I am these days. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I won't be watching Alehouse. It stayed grey here all day today but dry and still so not bad for running. Gardening is dangerous!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    How were your legs today, LMH? Good conditions here for both running and gardening.

Go well tomorrow, Hazel, and other racers.

Early night here I hope: helping at Great Manchester half from 8 then move on to help at the 10k later. Last finishers will be around 4 so a long day expected. Cross-training?
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all,

visit to Andover parkrun today to pick up Jnr, 21:53 for me and 19:36 for him..... but throw back 10 years ago to the first international parkrun in Copenhagen in Denmark.... Jnr and me in the Tesco strips (Andover AC)... all good fun - that was just before I went sub 3:15 for the first time at Mara and on the day did an 18:12.... for 2nd... oh how times and speed change

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I think Junior has grown a little since then, RFJ! Well done both today. And I recognise that start line!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That's a cute little parkrun crew, RFJ :)

OH: How rude you didn't get a costume prize. I think you both really looked the part.

Love the baby on board badge idea, em. I feel into the trap before offering my seat to someone who looked pregnant but clearly wasn't 🤦

Nice volunteering, ale.

LMH: maybe your physio is on to something. It just seems odd that it should take so long. Fingers crossed it gets better 🙏
    I bought loads in  Decathlon ... Merino tops, socks, hiking trousers and a running shorts with phone/ gel pockets. Very practical.

Glad you were able to run, poppy.

What: 7 miles in warm drizzle
    Why: wouldn't let a bit of rain keep me from running
    Last hard: wine tasting today and couldn't decide which bottles to buy
    Last rest: 11/5
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Arrgh where did the day go to? No gardening but Saturday duties - shopping, cosmetic cleaning, cooking, baking a cake* etc etc.. No Eurovision here, off to bed soon for a fairly early start tomorrow.

Nice pic RFJ.  Like the Tesco stripes.

Hope you had a nice trip to Derby emzap. 

Hope OH went well today.

Good you could run again today WP.

Certainly cross training tomorrow Ale.  Well done for volunteering.

Decathlon have some good stuff Chicksta.  Seems you had a successful shopping spree there.

Hope the leg didn't trouble you too much on your run / in the gym LMH.

What: short and easy with a few strides.
    Why: shakeout the legs
    Last hard: breathing - pretty humid today, need to get used to that again.
    Last rest: Friday.

*Pastry case, apricots+cranberries, smother with almond sponge dough, bake.. Got a bit sunburnt: stupid oven...