2019 in 2019

Comments

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    The trip was amazing, the colours fantastic and just incredible. Watching fish farming harvesting was fascinating. Angkor Wat was as interesting as I expected. 

Hopefully back on track, 26 km so far this week. 

1471 left so only 5 km behind!

1471 Yorkist King Edward IV reclaims his throne. Henry VI murdered by said Edward.
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Another 24 km. Went to a new parkrun then went out with a group from the next town. New route and new people so went really quickly. PB at parkrun and first time under 24 mins. Hope the injury is clearing up BigG.

Valencia's centre was destroyed by fire. Also, as it came up, candy crush level 1447 is trending on YouTube! Never realised it had that many levels.

• Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    TT, sounds a great trip.  I was lucky to be in Vietnam for a month back in 2016 and it was fantastic.  We went from Hanoi and travelled down to HCMC - loved it.  Hanoi's traffic was something else though!

Injury has stopped me right in my tracks, including having to DNS an event yesterday.  I  only did 3 miles of running last week :(  I did walk to a parkrun, walked around the parkrun and walked back(6.5 miles in total) but as it was walking it's not in my total mileage.

Therefore, 525 miles done, with 1494 to go.  In 1494, Christopher Columbus first sights Jamaica.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear of your woes, Big_G! read on another thread that it is a shoulder injury, and you have my sympathy having twice fractured the top of my humerus with one of those occasions leading to an arthoscopy...and damage to the other shoulder as I used that one too much! I would be trying to get an MRI scan. 

Running going a little better here, but mustn't speak too soon!

Now at 476k completed, or 1543k to go. In 1543 Henry Vlll married his 6th queen, Catherine Parr.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I've also visited Vietnam, my brother worked there and I visited in 2011. Went from Hoi An, Hue to Hanoi.

556 miles so 1463 to go.

In 1463
    Bosnia falls to the Ottomans
  • 600 miles done, 1419 to go

In 1419
    University of Rostock is established as the oldest university in Northern Europe

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    Good week for training, but as I have a sprint tri coming up it focused on the pool and bike. Managed 37km so 1410 to go.

Not the most exciting of years!! Prague Astronomical Clock was built which is still possible to visit and to carry on the Thai/Vietnam theme it was 1954 in the Buddhist calender. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Had a better week or two...but still falling behind a little. 

517k completed, so 1502 to go. 

In 1502 Arthur, Henry Vll's eldest son, and heir to the throne, died. Had he survived we would not have had Henry Vlll as monarch a few years later: probably there would not have been six wives and a fall out with Rome and no Church of England.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • 646 miles done with 1373 to go

United Nations security council resolution 1373 adopted on 28 Sep 2001 is a counter terrorism measure passed after the 9/11 attacks.

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    Still on track, alehouse you are doing really well given illness.

49 km this week, 1361 to go.

1361 is the number of a Great Western Steam locomotive, one left at Didcot. Also in 1361 the University of Pa
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Hi all, I'm still here and reading but I'm stuck on my mileage as still injured.  There is some improvement in the shoulder but it's going to be a while yet before I'm back out there.  There's still a possibility I can get to the 2019 so not giving up yet though!

Good running everyone.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Yes, plenty of time yet, Big_G...or so I hope. 

559 completed, so 1460k to go, with the 1460 being the original Dr Martin boot. 

I need to average 41.7k a week from now; last week was the first week that I have actually exceeded that...by about 200 metres! 
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Big g I feel your pain. I spent yesterday afternoon at A&E. Not good news. First physio appointment later this week. 
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Oooph, what've you done TT?
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Morning BigG, serious damage to knee, but no bones broken and told by being a runner I am less damaged. Crutches, bag of peas and elevated leg!
  • 708 miles done with 1311 to go.

Hope you guys are on the mend!

In 1311
    Lincoln cathedral is completed with the spire reaching 525ft, passing the Great Pyramid of Giza. The spire blew down in 1549! I see the worlds tallest building everyday, the Burj Khalifa which is 2722ft to the tip!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    605k completed, so 1404 to go. Catching up, but doing it very gradually!

In 1404 Owain Glyndwr declared himself Prince of Wales, aligned Wales with the French against the English, and started having Welsh Parliament sessions.
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Thanks Dubai runner. Have an intensive but doable programme, should be back, be it slowly and not much mileage in a few weeks. Not the best start to the season but there is plenty of time to be back for Autumn. 
  • 733 miles done, so 1286 to go.

The 737/300 or 733 was part of the second generation of the 737 and is referred to as the classic. 1988 were built between 1981 -2000.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    646k done, so 1373 to go.

1373 saw the Anglo-Portuguese Alliance. This remains in place and is therefore the oldest treaty in the world to be still in operation. No wonder that I always get a warm welcome when I visit!
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    I'm back! 10km this week, which is so amazing.

1351 to go.
    1351 The treason act came into force, and is still in force today. 

Thank the heavens for decent physios!!!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good that you are getting back to it, TT!

1334k to go here.

In 1334 Sweden abolished slavery. Quite a few centuries before that was to happen elsewhere. 
  • Good to hear you're back running TT

800 miles for me with 1219 miles to go

In 1219 
    Saint Francis of Assisi brings Catholicism to Egypt during the 5th Crusade 

• TTTT ✭✭✭
    Thank you both of you. So glad to be back. Out this morning, weather forecast said no chance of rain and no wind. Ran back saturated and into a headwind but with a smile on my face!!

34km so 1317 to go.

1317 Robert II became the first Stuart King of Scotland. Also first mention of playing cards, what would I do without freecell on long train journeys???
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Good news, TT! I was saturated this morning too!

1311 to go: Lincoln Cathedral is completed; with the spire reaching around 525 feet (160 m), becoming the world's tallest structure (surpassing the Great Pyramid of Giza, which held the record for almost 4,000 years), a record it holds until the spire is blown down in 1549.

Today is 40% day and we should have completed 807.6. I'm on 708, so still 100 behind, which spread over the remaining 218 days doesn't sound too much!
  • I was also saturated after this mornings run, but that was because it was 36 degrees at 8am.

I'm ahead of target, 838 miles (1348.6 kilometers) so 1181 miles to go

In 1181

Not a lot but Pope Lucius III succeeds Alexander III

• Evening all.

865 miles done, 1154 to go.

In 1154
    Birmingham and the Birmingham Bull Ring are founded, and I've never been there.

• Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Well done all those that are still on track.

I'm still injured so not doing that much running really....can't really see my getting to 2019 now, but if I suddenly make a miraculous recovery, I suppose you never know!  I've being doing quite a lot of walking, but below is my running stats so walking isn't included in these.  Over the last 8 weeks I've only ran 20 miles but it did include Helsinki parkrun, which I enjoyed although it was a small event with only 37 runners.

I've done 542 miles, so have 1476 to go.
    William Caxton is thought to be the first person to introduce a printing press into England, in 1476, and was the first English retailer of printed books.  The first version of The Canterbury Tales to be published in print was Caxton's 1476 edition.  Only 10 copies of this edition are known to exist, including one held by the British Library and one held by the Folger Shakespeare Library.
  • TTTT ✭✭✭
    Oh big g I am sorry to hear that, injury is hideous and the main reason I have never met the target before. Hopefully by walking you are keeping yourself active. I used to pool jog a lot when I was off running, can be a little boring (Life guards and I used to sing along to the radio) but very good for you!

Managed 32 km this week so 1285 to go. I am behind but hoping that I can make it up before the end of the year. 

1285 the Country of Champagne was integrated into the Kingdom of France. In my opinion a big win for the French. 
  • Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Thanks TT.  I did over 2018 last year but I had a good year and was quite lucky with injuries etc.  This is the longest lay off I've had, except from when I had achilles issues one year.   I was out for a long time then.