Sunday 26th May 2019 - There may be trouble ahead

Morning.

Lyrics - There may be trouble ahead

Sounds like a good day Dustin. No in-house taxi service here so we'll be walking to the local Indian for our anniversary dinner this evening 
:)

Race well OH.

I hope your view is just as nice Wabo.

Did you find somewhere flat Hazel?

There are some good sales on at the minute Alehouse. Mark has just bought himself some new Saucony's from the same place - wish I'd known about the code.

We are forecast heavy rain from 0800hrs and it's going to be a bit breezy too so I'm glad I got the last long run in yesterday. Knees are both a little niggly this morning so I shall see how they feel after I've walked Grace before deciding what to ask them to do.

What:           easy miles
Why:            it's what I like to do
Last hard:    wondering where the last fourteen years have gone
Last rest:     4/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Enjoy the meal, LMH!

Race well OH, and anyone else!

What: short and easy

Why: yesterday was relatively hard so easy day due/time constraints (son's birthday brunch followed by stag do!)

Weather not looking good here: raining currently...with more rain promised. I guess we need it.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Happy Birthday to your son Alehouse - is it his stag do? How are your niggles? Did you have a look and see if the spring ligament might be the cause of your foot/ankle pain? Forecast rain not here yet but definitely looks as though it is on the way  :(
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics yes
    Yesterday's were caravan of love, House Martins
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Meant to say I know the lyrics!

Yes, stag do on his birthday! Wedding is 31st July. I'm only going for the evening and don't know what is happening: all secretly organised by the best man.

Spring ligament is a possibility, LMH, but will await the physio's thoughts.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Need to look up spring ligament
    Alehouse how exciting! I haven't been to a wedding for ages! It hen do lol, hope son had fun
    Lmh have a good easy
    Oh race well
    Just told Kris (oh) he's found 4 miles this morning.   
    Just had those horrible dreams about missing the start of a race - Snowdonia- nothing like the course, mad dream
    What 4 miles 😂
    Why fancy
    Last hard yesterday am
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Typical first night in holiday, we drank too much but the family had a great time! 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Happy Anniversary LMH enjoy your meal,

Alehouse: Hope son enjoys his Birthday and Stag do:-)

Wabo I should  have know yesterday's lyrics.Enjoy your 4miles with kris and holiday.

What 7 miles
    Why: Because I could
    Last hard: Tiredness and evident in legs
    Lyrics: Yes

Slow run nothing for it but big girl pants pulled up tight.Lets hope they are less tired tomorrow!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Mey do a race
    Our neighbours across the water
    Last hard yoga
    Last rest last Sunday
    Lyrics no
  • It might be worth taping it Alehouse or trying a support to see if that does help whilst you wait to see the physio - it's not going to do any harm.

Nice to run with your OH somewhere different Wabo.

Tired here too Poppy.

Late start for this morning's race OH?
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Happy Anniversary, LMH. Hope you two have a lovely day.

Well done finding a runnable bit in Cornwall, wabo. That's quite early for marathon nightmares ;)

Hope your 10k went well, OH.

Nice 21, Dustin.

Happy birthday to your son, ale.

Well done for doing 7 miles on tired legs, poppy.

We drove home yesterday. Nearly 1000 miles but hubby and I took turns and we have a fast car ;)

Still, back and legs are in agony after sitting for so long. Dull and breezy here. We have no bank holiday but the weather would make you think we had :D

What: 10 shockingly slow miles followed by well over an hour of stretching and attacking various body parts with the foam roller and accupressure balls. Planning to do some yoga later.
    Why: thought I could shake the stiffness off but it only got worse as the run progressed so a different strategy was required
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics: familiar but can't make them right now
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: kitchen/baby sorting, a short walk and a long nap.
    Why: all this preparation is tiring me out
    Last hard: kitchen stresses
    Lyrics: I think so

Have fun ale!
    Chick glad you're home safely. Traveling does that to muscles, take it easy.
    Wabo glad you found a route
    WP well done for getting out there
    Oh did you do the race?

Have a great day.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Lyrics yes

happy anniversary LMH

Westminster Mile for us today in the masters champs races.... loved it... hard worked but chuffed to get 6:15 with where I have been this year.... Also got to have a great chat with Donna Fraser, what a lovely and down to earth lady.

Fantastic time

Take care
  • Pleased with 53m07 today
    #122/260 WAVA 63.4
    Plan was to hold on to 50 pacer as long as I could and not to be overtaken by 55 pacer.
    Overall Winner was female - the amazing Jenny Bannerman
    Orkney took 3rd 4th and 5th places and also the 1st F50.

Cold windy and biblical rain especially for the headwind 8.5 mile cycle back for ferry. V
    Grateful for lift from running friends' son for lift on Orkney side sparing me the last 6 miles cycle.
    Orcas seen from ferry but I was too cold by that time to go out on deck.
  • PS race gun at 14:00