Monday 27th May 2019 No you can't

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: No you can't
Yes I can

What: unsure, but something for sure

Why: may need to return son to base post stag do/promised to take 95 year old neighbour to plant fair

Well done OH yesterday!

RFJ: well done at the mile; not sure that I have recovered from the last time I did one about 10 years ago!

LMH: I am not sure about taping... unless I have been taught exactly how to tape!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Let's Face The Music And Dance - Frank Sinatra.

You could look it up on line Alehouse - lots of good videos. Was it a good do? Hope the weather is good for your plant fair, local village fete here but the forecast is decidedly unpromising.

Well done OH and RFJ.

What:           short and easy
    Why:            taper/weather/knees
    Last hard:    staying in one piece
    Last rest:      4/5

Lyrics - I think I do.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Blimey a 1 mile race well done RFJ don't think I fancy  it;-)

What 7.18 miles
    Why:Because I could
    Last hard: Tiredness
    Lyrics; Yes

Legs still tired but better than yesterday so that is a plus point :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Morning again!

What: 40 mins (20.5 out, 19.5 back!) Edit: 40mins is of course another missing daily thread poster.

Why: enough today. Managed to stay largely dry: torrential rain before and drizzle after. Usually go long on a Monday but looking after the niggles. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • More restful day today although may do 5k loop this evening.
    Why: just
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest 8 days ago
    Lyrics only after googling
  • Change of plan for me. I felt absolutely wiped out by the time I got home with Grace this morning and ended up going back to bed for an hour or so, running didn't seem like a good idea though as I felt brighter when I got up again I am just back from another walk - which makes eight miles so far today.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Quiet on here today

What: sorted study (finally unpacked last moving box, only took 18 months...), Started emptying garage
    Why: got fed up of kicking the last box under my desk. To be fair it's been the last box for 17 months we just never got round to this one! Garage needs to be empty for kitchen as part of garage will become part of kitchen
    Last hard: this is hard work especially as we haven't had confirmation that the builder is actually starting on Monday...
    Lyrics: nope

Hope you're feeling better after your extra sleep lmh. Well done for being sensible.
    Nice mile rfj
    Well done yesterday oh

Have a lovely afternoon
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That's a fast mile time, RFJ :+1:

And well done OH keeping that 55 pacer off your back.

Sorry to hear you're unwell, LMH. How the sleep helped. Is it taper time for you now?

Nice progression run, ale.

That sounds like a lot of work, em. We did the same garage/kitchen thing with our house in Chelmsford :)
    Seems like a lifetime ago ...

What: 5 miles
    Why: first day of my 18 week Berlin schedule. I'm loosely going to follow P&D again as I seem to train more diligently with a plan than left to my own devices. Plus their half marathon schedule definitely worked for me this year :)
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Saturday
    Lyrics: yes
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening
    Lyrics yes
    18 week schedule sounds good chick
    I did 5 yesterday in the end
    Lmh you must have needed that rest
    Nice miles poppy
    What short today 
    Why heavens really opened