The Thousand Mile Club - 2019

Comments

• Hobie 1495Hobie 1495 ✭✭✭

Well done on the 800 miles Dubai

I messed up...Thought it would be a good idea to rush home from work having not eaten since lunch time, quick change and out the door to run 6 miles to running club handicap race (6 miles) then run home....didn't end well.

Legs wasted with 3 miles to go on the way home, resorted to walking up hill & shuffle on the flats and downhill...one of the blokes from running club happened to pass in the car and offered me a lift...gratefully accepted...home and I started shaking (weird)...slightly dehydrated I think.

571 miles YTD

• Dubai runnerDubai runner ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Thanks Hobie, I can never run after eating. In the morning it's a double espresso and that's it.

Second run of the day, 36 degrees for this one but kept to 8.40 pace with hr below 135. Though only 3.29 miles

YTD 816.21 miles 

• Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    5 outdoor miles and 5k on the treadmill. 

Cal: hope Liverpool goes well. 

Mr  MM, Hobbie and Dubai: always enjoy the updates. 

Ytd: 428.7
  • JD1JD1 ✭✭✭
    Dubai,thanks.Well done on passing 800.You like your double runs,something I haven't tried yet.

Well done,Donnie,cracking 10k time

Thanks,Hobie,can't wait for your horse v man race report.Think the winners pot is fairly substantial now.

Hope you can get back to your running soon,David,bet you're missing it.

Mr M2,thanks.That's a very tough session,400 x 16.

Been feeling tired and lethargic all week,so just one run so far,club intervals,6 x 600 @ 5k pace but I couldn't keep the pace,ended just plodding round.5.5 miles all together.
    Tuesday I took my eldest daughter to the junior athletics club,she seemed to enjoy it,so fingers crossed.
    YTD - 628.86
  • 5.64 miles this morning

YTD 821.85 miles

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    5 miles this morning to shake my legs out. It was already pretty warm at 7am.
    Sunday looks to be warm too but with rain. I'll be glad of the rain if it happens, although I'll need to lube myself up well to avoid chaffing!

YTD: 767
  • Pretty warm here this morning at well Cal, didn't gain the toasty badge with Garmin as it was 38 degrees, needs to be higher than 38 to attain it. Though I have had it before.

And good luck Cal for Liverpool, a city I've never been to, been on the boat out of Birkenhead but that's the closest I've got.

4.31 miles

YTD 826.16 miles

• MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Hobie...That was always going to be a long outing on 'empty' especially with the 6' handicap! Often go for a long run before breakfast but for anything over 10' I would usually carry a drink.
    JD1...Yes, Intervals can be a challenge if you are not ready for them, or if the conditions are unhelpful. Hope your daughter will continue to enjoy her athletics.
    Dubai...Steady accumulation of miles; looks like you are good for your bigger challenge.
    Cal...Hope all is positive for tomorrow!

Gave myself a couple of off-days due to some unexplained abdominal soreness (Doc thinks it is 'only' muscles) . Has eased, but not gone away, so I'll give it the 'active recovery' treatment. Parkrun sandwich this morning of 7' total. Just 9 secs slower than last week, and I really felt that it should have been quicker! (26:12) I'm missing the marathon training as I really enjoy the longer runs. But I'm working on some shorter/faster runs and have a 10k just 4wks away. Thinking of the Yorkshire marathon for later in the year. 
    YTD:780'.
  • Hope it's nothing more than pulled muscles MrM2

Another 2 run day, 5.24 miles at sunset

YTD 831.4 miles
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Whew, Liverpool Marathon done. Was close to PB pace for a long while but four miles into a strong headwind along the Mersey pretty much killed that. Finished in 4:14:25 so very close to my Vienna time. 

YTD: 793
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Dubai...Thanks; might have a second opinion.
    Cal...Just seen your post. Another good marathon time! You really don't need a head wind for the last four miles of a marathon! Your pace for the earlier part sounds encouraging. Well done.

Ten seafront miles for me to end the week. The mod. SW'ly wind didn't set me back too much, then I made the most of it on the return (5 miles at mar.pace.)
    YTD:790'.
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Cal: glad you enjoyed Liverpool, as you say a head wind for the final five miles most definately isn't something you want!! Time is very respectable, well done. 

Mr MM: hope your pain is nothing to worry about. You mention the Yorkshire marathon, I'm in and highly recommend it. I seem to recall you recently doing the Newport marathon, sky sports broadcast a highlights package yesterday. 

I run around a lake several times tonight clocking up 8.3, the real news however was a parkrun pb yesterday a few seconds under 22. 30

Ytd: 445.2
  • Congrats Cal on a respectable time an also to Donnie on your park run pb

26.5 7.21
    27.5 7.22

YTD 845.83 miles

• Brilliant running Cal,
    800 coming up MrM2/Cal
    2 x 10.48 midweek
    11,74 Saturday and 13,71 yesterday makes my
    YTD = 1131.80
    Got two more runs before Luxembourg Marathon on Saturday

Nice marathon time Cal, wind is cruel at that point.
    Great Parkrun time Donnie.
    I've had a few days off but feeling the love again, local trail race yesterday 4.5 miles of very hilly trails around Dinas Head in Pembrokeshire. Just gorgeous. 
    575 miles YTD
  • Glad the love is back Hobie, good luck Harmander for Luxembourg, though you hardly need it!

Out at 7am, already 34 degrees and 38 when I finished. It's currently 46 but low humidity. Wife's off home to Ireland on Friday for a week but I don't fancy that weather either.

7.66 miles today

YTD 853.49 miles

• MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Donnie2...Congrats on parkrun pb! Didn't see anything of the Newport Marathon, but then I don't subscribe to Sky. Thanks for the Yorkshire Marathon endorsement; I entered it yesterday, and put my name in for the Masters Champs..
    Harmander...All the best for Luxembourg.
    Hobie...Nothing wrong with a few days off!
    Dubai...Still cannot imagine running in those temps! but it certainly isn't getting in the way of your steady accumulation of miles!

As above, have entered the Yorkshire marathon (20th.Oct.). Said my thanks/good bye to another three pairs of trainers the other day; all Asics. Had an e-mail from Newport Marathon today; they'll be sending some kit as my prize for placing third in age category. Guess it will be a T-shirt, as I needed to indicate size. But last year I received a hoody from Southampton. (Never thought I'd be seen in a hoody! but it does come in handy.)

Wanted to run on grass this morning but only managed three miles before other priorities took over (life...!) Feeling somewhat frustrated I headed out this afternoon for an easy, seafront 10'. Happy.
    YTD:803'.
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Well done Donnie!
    MrM2 - I'm doing Yorkshire as well. See if we can manage to say hello to each other this time.
    Hobie, glad you got your mojo back!
    Dubai, I guess you get used to it to a certain extent but I get uncomfortable in the high teens, let alone thirties!

Got myself out for a 4 mile recovery run this morning. Took it nice and slow and enjoyed the early morning sun. A bit stiff but nothing hurt too much.

YTD : 797
  • JD1JD1 ✭✭✭

Well done,Donnie,cracking time.

Great running,MrM2,well done your 800.Shame you don't get a pair of trainers for your prize.

Good luck for Luxembourg,Harmander.

Could do with a tiny bit of your heat,Dubai,felt more like autumn today.

Been taking my runs fairly easy lately

23.05 - 6

24.05 - 10.08

25.05 - 5

26.05 - 8

27.05 - 6.04

29.05 - 5

YTD - 668.98

• Thank you all for the good wishes for Luxembourg on Saturday - it will be my 10th time there - might have to rethink about European races post 31 October (Brexit?).
    Done 10.48 yesterday and probably the same tomorrow.
    Little Nell, - any chance you can pace for a 2:00 finish instead of 2:15 at Richmond in September - pretty please?

• Congratulations on Liverpool Cal
    Best of luck for Saturday Harmander

I haven't updated my mileage for over a month, but plenty of running, including the Snowdonia half marathon on 19th May, as well as my first ever Parkrun last Saturday.

Happy running everyone, and good luck to anyone else racing this weekend.

YTD = 197.9
  • Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Harmander: enjoy Luxembourg, I don't think I know anyone who's ever been to Luxembourg. 

Mr MM and Cal: I'm also running the Yorkshire marathon. Its the only marathon I've done, but I've done it four times! With the caveat of it being my only marathon, it come recommended!

Ytd: 454.5
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭
    Donnie, any course info would be gratefully received. I know there's a hill at the end! (By the way, are you from Doncaster, by any chance?)

Did 6 miles today. Probably should have stopped the run at 5 but I was enjoying it at that point. Then my achilles decided it was going to bitch for the entire final mile. Grrr. (On the plus side, I've breached 800!)

YTD: 803
  • Cal/ MrM2 congrats on reaching 800.

29.5 3.18 - quick run before night shift
    30.5 no run - first day off since 10 May
    31.5 5.18 and then 3.61

YTD 865.46 miles

• MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Ollie Jones...sounds like a good mix of distances, and almost through 200'. Well done.
    JD1...Thanks. Agree with a new pair of trainers! (I still have three unused pairs, so not really in need at the moment.)
    Dubai...Thanks. Hope you are running 'injury-free' as you continue to notch up the miles. Glad you were able to have a work-free day!
    Donnie2...York.Mar.no.5!! You must have some good info. to pass on!
    Cal...Well done on the 800! and glad that you are already back on the road.

Visit to physio today, mainly to get a 2nd opinion on my soreness. Both he and the GP thought that it could well stem from my fall six weeks ago. He has given the hip-flexors some attention! , given me some exercises, and advised a 20% reduction in weekly mileage. He doesn't see any harm in a parkrun tomorrow, so I'll probably run with a grand-daughter. (It's not a race!)
    YTD: 803'.
  • MrM2, first day off running since 10 May, I never work that hard!
    Good to hear it's muscular, hopefully you're back to full fitness soon. I'm glad to say I'm injury free.
    Well done on the 800s MrMCal
    Enjoy Luxembourg Harmander

Running Club social (cake) trail run on Wednesday and a 21min Parkrun today (7th overall and 3rd in age) I'll take that.
    594 miles YTD
  • MrM2MrM2 ✭✭✭
    Dubai...Thanks for putting me right; now I can stop feeling sorry for you!
    Hobie...Thanks. Great parkrun results.

Another morning run that didn't go to plan (parkrun with granddaughter) so headed out in the afternoon sunshine for a steady, seafront 10'. (9:30 pace, and 2secs to spare.
    Feeling quite good on the run, but now have aches where I haven't had them before. Must take this recovery time more seriously, and learn how to do hip-tilts (!); mine doesn't seem to move.
    YTD:816'.
  • Congrats on the park run success Hobie

How did Luxembourg go Harmander?

I tried to watch the football with my eldest son last night, but I'm sorry I just find football so boring, also wanted to get up early this morning before it got too hot to run.

5.33 miles yesterday and 7.22 miles this morning

YTD 878.01 miles

• Donnie2Donnie2 ✭✭✭
    Parkrun and a bit more during the weekend. With luck should be ahead of half mileage at the half way point. 

Cal and Mr MM: I'll add some thoughts about the York marathon soon, I seen to recall the feedback on this site and previous threads continue some good stuff. 

Harmander: success in Luxembourg? 

Ytd: 463.8