Tuesday, 28 May 2019 - Honestly, what will become of me

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning :)

Back to the grind today

Lyrics: Honestly, what will become of me?

Plan has a tempo run in store today. Let's see if the legs are up for it.

Comments

• Morning.

Hopefully the rest will have left you fresh to start your plan chicksta. Yes, taper time here though after yesterday this week will be a lighter week than usual two weeks out. Must not chase miles.

Sounds like a good cross training workout at the water park Wabo. Hope the weather improves for you, we had a lot of rain go through yesterday evening but it's a nice morning.

I shall see how I feel after walking Grace but am hopeful that normality will be restored and an easy run had this morning. Think I'll save this week's gym for tomorrow as not working until Thursday afternoon.

What:          hopefully an easy run
    Why:           it's a taper not a rest
    Last hard:   not chasing miles will be hard
    Last rest:    27/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's lyrics were "I can do anything (better than you can)", written by Irving Berlin for the musical Annie Get Your Gun. Much covered. Not sure why I chose them though! 

What: half an hour or so shortly/Pilates and stretching later

Why: holiday from work this week. Had hoped to have a heavier week training-wise but need to be careful with the heel...and the rest of me!

LMH: yes, it is a taper not a rest, but a rest would really do no harm! As you say, just don't go chasing miles!

Chick: hope you can get up to speed in the tempo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • But how many miles are enough/not enough/too many Alehouse? this is the question. How are your niggles - any improvement?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    We never know, do we, LMH! 
    Niggles aren't preventing me running although have cut the longer run back  and cut out the quicker stuff; hindering stretching and strengthening though.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: yoga and walk to post office
    Why: it's Tuesday and I need to post my tax return
    Last hard: doing the tax return!
    Lyrics: I think so...

Ale glad the niggles aren't too niggly but still frustrating for you
    Lmh the eternal taper question!
    Chick welcome back to normality. Bet you're glad to see the back of that hill! Good luck with the 18 week plan (terrifying as baby due in 16!!!). 
    Wabo hope you get some better weather but sounds like a good hols so far.

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

16 week stretching and strengthening plan then, Emz! But take it easy!

What: 41 mins, but covering less distance than yesterday's 40. OH would understand why (Vale Road then back down and across/up HM bowl)!

Why: felt like it! 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hello all
    Belated Anniversary wishes to LmH 
    Well raced RFJ & OH
    Ale - glad to see you survived the stag do!
    Chick - good luck with P&D, it's the one I tend to follow (with a few modifications)

What - coaching tonight (paarlauf)
    Why - on the rota
    last rest - Friday 
    last hard - yesterday: 6x300m hill reps , 6.75 miles total

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: 8 miles
    Why: It is what I do
    Last hard: last few days
    Lyrics: Nope

The fatigue is on it's way out thank goodness I am fueled by Lavabread for added iron :D
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • 350m swim
    Nice day for it and legs needing a rest
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest 9 days ago
    Lyrics no

Nice flat route then, AH? ;)
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hope you feel better and got the miles that you wanted, LMH.

Poppy: Glad the fatigue is on its way out.

Em: 16 weeks! Wow, that is indeed quite scary.

Glad your niggles are manageable, ale. Speed was eluding me today, sadly.

Dustin: I am certainly going to tweak the plan too (longer long runs and more recovery after sessions if needed)

What: 9 miles with 4@ tempo. Legs were quite rubbery today for some reason. Maybe I overdid the stretching yesterday and on Sunday … anyway, I couldn't even get near HMP and the HR was too low as well but it was all I was able to churn out this morning. Onwards and upwards.
    Why: Berlin plan
    Last hard: today
    Last rest: 25/5
  • Travelling can be tiring chicksta - sounds as though you're probably carrying a bit of fatigue. I do feel better thanks and had a reasonable run.

Enjoy the coaching and running Dustin.

Good to hear that you're feeling better Poppy.

What's next race wise OH?
  • Lochaber Dirty 30 on 8th then  Hoy half on the 16th.