Wednesday, 29 May 2019 - Ridin' down the highway, Goin' to a show

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning all,

Glad you had a better run, LMH. I reckon my current streak of poor runs is still down to that virus I had beginning of May. I lost a week and then had only crappy runs since. The handful of hilly jogs on hols haven't helped much either. But 18 weeks is plenty of so I keep telling myself.

Lyrics: Ridin' down the highway
Goin' to a show

Yesterday's were Nelly Furtado, All good things come to an end

What: hopefully an MLR
Why: time to up the mileage
Last hard: yesterday
Last rest: 25/5

Comments

• Morning.

These things do seem to take an age to recover from chicksta but it will come as long as you don't push things too much. Listen to your body and back off if necessary.

Another good racing month to look forward to OH.

Rough night here and I am tired this morning but it's a nice if chilly morning so once I've walked Grace I shall see how everything feels.

What:           easy miles/gym
    Why:            taper/age
    Last hard:    sleeping
    Last rest:     27/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Lots of time, Chick!

Age, LMH?!

What: a run of some description

Why: very much run to feel this week without being silly!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Trying to prevent age related muscle loss Alehouse.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to prevent age related everything loss!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    I seem to have avoided age related hair loss....so far...!!
    Chick - yes , 18 weeks is ample. It always surprises me how the first LTP paces I run are shocking, two months later you bang out a 7 miler quicker than you can hold half a mile.
    I was thinking more of swapping some of the early LTPs for Kenyan Hill style sessions, so rather than 16 & 18 minute LTP, do steady hills for a similar duration. 
    The whole P&D has little hill work other than what's on your local terrain, I think putting in some hill aka strength work, may pay dividends should the race course be a bit more undulating. 
    That and substitute short (45-60s) hills for some of the 100s. 

What - steady lunchtime / village this evening
    Why - easing off
    last rest - Friday
    last hard - arguably last night. 20x200m paarlauf, not full throttle but was still 20x200s...

lyric - seem familiar...

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Gorgeous morning here - bright, sunny, cold and no wind. Quite pleased to manage 12 miles at a slightly faster pace than I'd have anticipated, so all good it seems.

Sounds like a good substitute, Dustin. Definite lack of hills near my house, unfortunately. There's one decent hill near work but I'm training for Berlin and that's flat :)  It will be different for Two Oceans next year though. I'm planning to do some uphill strides and stair sprints for leg strength though. There were some in the HM schedule I did and I felt they really did me some good. Glad you find those first LT runs hard too :)

alehouse said:
    I'm trying to prevent age related everything loss!

:D

LMH: Trouble sleeping here too :( Pretty sure I saw every hour again on my alarm clock until it was time to get up. Of course I was fast asleep and a bit comatose when the alarm went :|

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Loving the advice re hills, I think I need to incorporate that into my training
    Enjoy whatever you all manage today
    Horrid gloomy day here, really affecting my mood
    What couple of miles
    Why all I can muster up
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hope you can find something to brighten your day Wabo. I always find a walk by the sea good for the soul.

Sounds good chicksta. Nice when a run exceeds expectations.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again! Quite grey here and rain forecast shortly.

What: 50 mins, largely off road and managed to incorporate a few inclines.

Why: Wednesday is usually faster stuff but avoiding that until have seen physio; however did push on in parts and included the inclines because they are definitely needed. Thanks for the reminder, Dustin

Oh to be beside the seaside.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: a short walk and a long nap
    Why: all I could manage today
    Last hard: bits of yoga were hard!
    Lyrics: nope

Obviously having done washing it rained all day! Sorry all.

Have a lovely day all
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all

not a lot going on here, busy at work and ticking over with the miles

a few races entered too to try and get the mojo flowing and legs moving

Take care