Thursday 30th May 2019 - The tax man's taken all my dough

Morning.

Lyrics - The tax man's taken all my dough

Still feeling tired then emzap?

A warm but windy day forecast here but it's a bit grey at the minute, it will probably perk up whilst I'm in work this afternoon.

What:               short and easy
Why:                taper
Last hard:        sleeping/tapering
Last rest:         27/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning!
    What - easy few kms, then U11s coaching
    Why - Easy Thursday
    Last rest - Friday
    Last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - yes!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Lmh yes... Bloods are fine though so must just need to learn to slow down. Ended up doing a very fast 6km walk last night as we realised friend was going to miss the train!

What: short walk and rest
    Why: legs hurt!
    Last hard: yesterday
    Lyrics: I think so and I'm hoping the opposite is true having just sent back my tax return!

Ale world cup starts today!  May be a battle in our house seeing who's the first to play. Luckily my oh isn't that into it!

Rfj good to see you. How's the new job going?
    Lmh hope the taper madness isn't too bad.

Have a great day all
  • I'm sorry that you're still feeling so tired but glad it's nothing clinical. At the minute I'm feeling quite tired (jab being due in a week not helping) so I'm not finding it too hard to keep the miles down - next week may be a different story though I have lots of (boring but mandatory) training to do at work which is well timed to keep me occupied.

That reminds me - it's physio day today Alehouse isn't it? Hope they can give you some answers and sort the niggles.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

Yes, looking forward to the cricket, Emz! Hope the cricket will slow you down!

Forecast is damp here but a better afternoon. Hope you are wrong about the tax man when I get my pension tomorrow, LMH!

What: short run/long fitness suite this morning. 

Why: not working today so a different pattern to Thursday from usual. Short run as have run quite a bit the last three days (well higher than usual on consecutive days for me). Physio at 5, then out this evening as friend I go out with on a Friday is away tomorrow. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lyrics yes and very apt!
    Morning all
    Alehouse have a good Thursday that's like Friday, hope physio goes well
    Emzap hope the tax man is kind
    Dustin enjoy easy Thursday
    I'm shattered today don't know why
    What easy run and trip to st Ives
    Why agenda
    Last hard running up a crazy hill to get to my brothers house yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh sorry I only just noticed, you asked Do I drive, yes I drive every day to work and Back up and down motorways. I did the drive to Cornwall last year for Sam and wife it took me 9 hours! But they aren't here this year so I didn't need to 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    No trip to Bude
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: 7.5 miles
    Why: I had to call to village for supplies so 0.5 miles shorter than planned
    Last hard Tiredness
    Lyrics: Heck yes;-)

Slow run but just got on with it:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Ah - it was you saying that you might not make parkrun as OH didn't want to drive that made me ask Wabo. I hope the weather and your mood have improved?

Sounds like a busy day Alehouse.

Nice multitasking Poppy.

Breezy here this morning and not as nice as forecast, good when the sun comes out but very grey most of the time.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Fitness suite d&d but not run yet: pouring.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Wabo: I remember the crazy hills in Cornwall! Our recent stay in France brought back memories of a 25% hill to get to our BnB.

Hope physio can help, ale.

Slow doesn't have to be bad, poppy.

I'm so tired as well but no jabs for me. I simply don't sleep :(

Windy, dull and grey here. Of course, it's a bank holiday :)

What: 6 mile recovery run and 2 hours of weeding
    Why: schedule / garden turned into a jungle whilst we were away
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: 25/5
    Lyrics: yes

Yesterday's were AC/DC It's a long way to the top
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

I always find Bank Holiday Thursday a little strange, Chick

What: short run, interrupted by another dog incident

Why: due an easier running day. Dog (one of five under the "control" of one lady) wandered across my path then stopped and I couldn't avoid it. Apparently I should have been more considerate and stopped running for the sake of her dog. 

Stopped raining about 12. 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Grrrr re. dog incident 😠

We don't have a Bank Holiday Monday rule here, ale unless it's Easter Monday or Pentecost. Today is Ascension Day which always falls on a Thursday. The other ones are simply observed on the dates they occur which is a bit shit when it's Saturday/Sunday :D
    On the other hand we do have quite a few more than the UK and as Monday is my day off at work I much rather have it this way ;)

• Inconsiderate dog owners really wind me up Alehouse - hope you weren't hurt? I often get told 'they won't hurt you' as they wander into my path and have taken to stopping and telling the owner that I'm more worried about tripping over or kicking them.

Sounds like a busy Bank Holiday chicksta. I'm not sleeping again at the moment either, jab being due is a different sort of tiredness though, more bone weary and brain fog.