Friday, 31 May 2019 - By the side of the tracks where the train goes by

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in Training
Morning

Lyrics: By the side of the tracks where the train goes by

How often do you get those jabs, LMH?

What: hoping for 10 miles, although I may get wet... At least it's warm rain this morning
Why: building
Last hard: Tuesday
Last rest: 25/5

Comments

• Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks - though it was more grey and windy unfortunately.

Every six weeks chicksta. Hope you've had a good run.

How did it go at the physio Alehouse?

Feel rough as the proverbial this morning - didn't sleep well again, my throat is sore and I have a filthy headache but this is quite common when my jab is due. RHR is fine so I'm hoping that I feel better after Grace's walk and can enjoy a bimble in the sun.

What:           short and easy
    Why:            taper
    Last hard:    getting up
    Last rest:     27/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: short run

Why: collect car from friend's house

Physio was interesting, LMH! She was able to bring on the pain in the heel by putting my leg in various positions, although she was not able to come to a firm conclusion what is causing the problem. She suspects that the issue is nerve related and may still be to do with the fracture in the back from last year, although on the face of it the back seems fine, albeit a little weak. She is going to have a chat with a mutual consultant friend...who is unfortunately on holiday until next week. There are several other possibilities, mainly to do with the Achilles, but prodding and poking around didn't bring on the heel pain. Probably need scans on both my heel and my back...and possibly hip!

Bragging rights in your house, Emz?

Nervous, Wabo? Where will you watch the match?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Probably not what you'd hoped for then Alehouse.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    On the other hand physio is quite happy for me to run as long as I don't make things worse.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That's always a good result.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Ale - decent outcome from the physio, an equally pleasing result in the cricket.
    Not so good on the inconsiderate dog owners (sigh), one of my pet hates
    Wabo - getting excited about the football? One of my gooner supporter friends went to Baku for the Europa final, out and back in 30 hours. He made it, shame his team didn't....

LmH - hope the fresh air revives you today

What - very easy run at lunchtime to shake the legs
    Why - South Downs Relay tomorrow. We start at 6am near Brighton. I'm getting picked up just after 3am, so it will be an early night tonight!
    Last rest - a week ago
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - not sure
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Not worth going to bed, Dustin! Enjoy the day!

Very cloudy and blustery here, but deceptively warm and humid. Car duly collected though. 

May stats: 31 days run, 174.48k, 4 parkruns ranging from 23:26 to 23:52 on two different courses, but none run hard. May pin a proper number on sometime in June.
  • That's a very early start Dustin! I feel better for having been for my run but it wasn't a great run - I thought you were supposed to get faster as you taper?

Which race are you thinking of Alehouse?
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    My taper runs usually end in disappointment, LMH. So quite normal I would say.

Have fun at the relays, Dustin. Sounds like a good event. Getting up at 3am could be hard ...

Ale: very intriguing injury. At least you can kep running. That's aways a huge relief I find.

Enjoy the footie, those who are into it.

What: 10 muggy miles - faster than I thought, so I'm quite happy with the outcome
    Why: said so on the tin
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest 25/5
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

LMH: there are around a dozen 5ks coming up locally, so it is a case of making my mind up which one(s)! 

Sounds a decent run, Chick!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: sofa day
    Why: woke up at 4:30 starving. Ate breakfast, went back to bed. Slept until 8:30. Tried to do some work. Went back to bed feeling incredibly hung over (long inset obviously, no alcohol apart from the occasional sip since December!). Still felt awful so have taken the afternoon off work to rest.
    Last hard: today isn't easy
    Lyrics: nope

Hope this goes away by tomorrow as it's our wedding anniversary.  Just going it's a short lived bug rather than pregnancy related.

Dustin that's a good month of running
    Lmh is jab on Monday?
    Ale hmm still a mystery. And yes, bragging rights here :)

Have a lovely day all
  • Sorry to hear that you're feeling rough emzap, hope you recover quickly. Do you have something nice planned for tomorrow? No, jab is Thursday, often start to get symptoms a week or so out - increased tiredness, sore throat, headache, increased inability to cope with stress, sleep, make decisions, remember things etc - it was much worse when I started on the jabs as after the initial loading they were twelve weekly and I spent a good few weeks feeling awful, fortunately the gap between them was soon reduced by my GP.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Late one from me:-)

I agree with everything LMH say's about jabs mine is also Thursday and can not wait!

What 8.15 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Getting out of bed
    Lyrics: Yes

End of Month stats
    2 races
    175.22 miles
    2 rest days due to illness(matches January)
    Most miles for a month this year.

Let's make June an even better month:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Good news Ale

Enjoy the relays Dustin

progressive run for me and 133m for the month, best of the year so far...

No parkrun tomorrow as I am working (a rarity for a Saturday)

Take care