Saturday 1st June 2019 - What I choose to do is of no concern to you and your friends

Morning.

Lyrics - What I choose to do is of no concern to you and your friends

A bit of a dull start to what's forecast to be a warm day, hopefully by the time I've been shopping and walked Grace it will have brightened up.

Hope Dustin is enjoying the relays.

Anyone else racing this weekend?

What:             short and easy/maybe gym
Why:              taper/Mark is talking about going
Last hard:      remembering what it felt like to feel full of va va voom
Last rest:        27/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Good mileage, all :)

Mine is not worth posting.

Go well, Dustin and today's parkrunners

Hope you feel better em

What: Marshalling at parkrun but I got up super early to get 17 miles in which went much better than I thought it would. About 10 secs per k faster than planned with a low HR. That's my running week done.
    Why: been ages since I went / A hot day is forecast tomorrow so it'll be a leisurely bike ride and time in the garden.
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: 25/5
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Van Morrison, Come Running

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Big miles back to back yesterday and today, Chick!

What: parkrun plus a few ks

Why: am asking myself that at present!

C'mon Spurs!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: volunteering at parkrun followed by some gardening then afternoon tea for wedding anniversary.
    Why: trying to give back whilst I can't run/courgettes need to be planted
    Last hard: yesterday. Still feel wobbly but definitely much better
    Lyrics: familiar

Chick that's a lot of very early miles!
    Lmh I hope you're jab perks you up before the marathon.

Have a lovely day all
  • Nice running chicksta.

Glad you're feeling a bit better emzap. Jab usually kicks in within two or three days though I sometimes have a headache and nausea for a couple of days post jab. Can't use it as an excuse for Yeovil as I had the last one on the Thursday before London:-)

Hope your weather is as good as ours Alehouse and you have enjoyed your run.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Morning again!

Pouring here, LMH! It was, however, nigh on perfect conditions for parkrun: around 15 degrees, overcast and still. Ran the parkrun at the end of my road which has one tough hill and one gentle one times two. Set off a little higher up than usual with the aim of running quicker than my course pb of 23:32. First km was a bit of a struggle, being largely up hill. Got a decent rhythm going from 1 to 2.2 Kms...and then you hit the hills again. However they are out of the way by 3k so was able to go up a gear or two, finishing in 22:5x, I think. 

Had an interesting morning chatting to the new uni captain; almost exactly two years ago I paced her to a parkrun pb of 21:24. Today she ran 18:xx. Great progress from her whilst I have moved in the opposite direction!

Was planning on some cross training in the garden but rain has put paid to that.

You sound more upbeat today Emz! My courgettes went in yesterday!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Officially 22:53.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well done, ale 👏

Glad you have more energy today, em.

A hot parkrun today made for lovely marshalling and some alfresco coffee afterwards. Had to share the park with a run organised by Hamburg's biggest law school today which meant I had music and beer at my marshal point. Oh, to be young again. Those that were cheering started partying last night and were still going 😬

Think I covered more miles in the past 6 days than in the preceding 14 ...
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Alehouse: No rain here very muggy nice parkrun.

What 8.2 miles
    Why: because I can
    Last hard: Tiredness/dragging body out of bed
    Lyrics: Nope

Slowish but not too bad really glad I am not out in heat!!
    :
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Well done Alehouse.

Sounds like fun chicksta.

Lovely and warm here by the time I got out for my run this morning Poppy:-)
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Achievement of the day: being the first people to manage to finish the afternoon tea at the restaurant we went to since they opened in October! Beautiful weather too so could sit out on the terrace.

Well done on getting out poppy.