What: walk to doc for jab and midwife
Why: got to have whooping cough and it's week 25 appointment
Last hard: this will be. Needle phobia

Ale, terrible.
Chick hope your foot is better

Have a lovely day all

Comments

• Morning.

Hope you don't find the jab too difficult emzap. I actually find watching them go in makes it easier but you may have tried that.

Alehouse - you do tend to spend a fair amount of time with wet feet when doing tri. I used 1000 mile tri socks which are now called 1000 mile race socks, they are still my summer running sock of choice, great with wet feet. Available through Amazon. How is everything feeling after your long run?

I had a really rough night last night and we are forecast heavy rain from 0800hrs so I'll probably be grateful that I'm tapering and just looking for a short run.

What:               short and easy
    Why:                taper
    Last hard:        staying engaged during yesterday's two hour training session
    Last rest:         27/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Thanks for the sock advice, LMH! Achilles grumbling but that is nothing new!

Lyrics: no

What: short run, long stretch

Why: Tuesday. Ran long yesterday. Work, which beckons now!

Hope all goes well needle-wise, Emz!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning.

What: 4 miles
    Why: Mini taper
    Last hard: The wet rain
    Lyrics: Nope

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Chicksta.  Ouch to the shoe.  I am almost jealous of you beginning your Berlin mara training.  Though on the other hand I'm glad not to have the pressure of an autumn mara this year.

Ale - Well done on the long run and the weight.  Shame M74 couldn't go out with you for company but if he has other plans. 

Great report on the relays Dustin thanks - sounds like it was a very tough day with the early start and running 3 legs.  Must have been a nice team outing though.  How are your legs today?

Thought of you Wabo when I saw the football results.  Well done on the mileage.  I haven't been on the scales post hols but I can't actually remember the last time I checked.  Trousers still fit though.

Hope it is a nice busy week ahead RFJ and not just stressful.

The jab is at least over and done with quickly emzap - hope you don't have an achy arm afterwards.

Bad luck on the grotty sleep and the weather LMH.

What: group run this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: trying to do 2 miles @HMP in the afternoon heat and sun yesterday (stupid to attempt it, quite a bit off pace and had to take a short walk halfway through)
    Last rest: 31.05.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    ah emzap, hope all goes well, my dil is 17 weeks and feeling movements now :-)
    Hazel, I was pleasantly surprised by the scales but then I usually sit at a desk all day so I guess being more active helped! Enjoy the group run
    Poppy what are you tapering for?
    alehouse enjoy the short run and definitely t he long stretch (sounds ominous!) Yes to Assembly League, it is at my club! Tonight is another league called Elvis League. Plan is for Snowdonia, going to find a nice long plan for marathon training I think. 
    LMH, oh no I cannot imagine watching a needle go in!! Brave! But if it works, I am ok with them to be fair but don't watch. enjoy the short and easy

what: 5 mile Elvis league, looking forward to it
    why: longer run for me!!
    last hard: yesterday evening, 2.25 miles
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lyrics no
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Wabo: Good luck with Elvis 5 miler tonight :D

Just a 5k tomorrow night for me I am not keen on short races but I seem to have raced nothing but short ones this year 4th of the year :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hmmm last time I had a jab was 2005, shows how much I love them... Arm achy already but process was ok. Just had to lie down for a few minutes afterwards.

Next needles in 3 weeks...

Wabo it's exciting to start feeling the movement. Mine is crazy active!

A second walk planned with a neighbour this afternoon and then another to go to a talk on wind power.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Emzap hardly surprising yours is crazy with movement! My son was and I used to swim and play squash in those days  lol! Glad needle wasn't too bad 
  • I'm glad the experience wasn't too bad emzap.

Hope you have a good race Wabo. I don't like jabs if I can't watch them go in but am fine if i can - weird eh? It's probably a control thing.

Hazel - I managed the last mile of this morning's run at about MP and couldn't have done another so I'm in awe of your two miles at HMP, break needed or not.

Wet rain here too Poppy  :)

Good that nothing is any the worse Alehouse. How long until you break up?
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Eeek, watching the needle go in would make me pass out I think :o  Glad it went as OK as these things can, em.

Hazel: it's the effort that counts. I'm frequently miles off pace with my sessions, especially in the afternoon or in the heat. I'm such a morning Person :D

Happy tapering, Poppy and I do hope the race goes well. Odd to have a race on a school day though …

Deffo lesson learnt for me re. shoes, LMH. Wore different ones today but the blister is still a bit angry even though these ones didn't rub.

Good luck, wabo. Do you have to wear fancy Elvis dress for this ;) ?

What: another MLR (11 miles)
    Why: perfect morning for it - tomorrow is going to be hot again AND windy.
    Last hard: I thought this would be but I felt really good (apart from that blister)
    Last rest: 25/5

Yesterday's were Glenn Frey, The Heat is on
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Torrential rain here. Got drenched on my walk! Hoping it stops for my walk to the station, harder to get changed on the way out somewhere!

Glad your run wasn't affected by the blister chick but be careful you're not changing your gait too much.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

A foul day here: has not stopped raining since around 8 a.m. Not looking forward to going out to get the bus to train, never mind the training part! Will have to sneak into an alehouse afterwards to dry off!

LMH: break up on July 18th I believe! 

Wonder how Don is. Won't be too long before he breaks up I imagine. 

Not seen OH for a week now...or have I somehow adjusted my settings to ignore him?!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • No - OH has definitely been MIA Alehouse. Typically it was dry just about the whole time I was in work today and pouring down when I left and had to walk Grace this afternoon.

I need some of this heat you are having chicksta! Can you pad the blister?

Hope the rain holds off for you emzap.