Wednesday 5th June 2019 - At first flash of Eden

Morning.

Lyrics - At first flash of Eden

Chilly and damp here this morning - where is flaming June? I really hope the weather picks up for our holiday next week but a dull afternoon is in prospect for me today regardless of the weather - three hours shut in a classroom for some more mandatory training. Keeps me out of trouble I guess.

What:             short and easy
Why:              taper
Last hard:      having any idea of what sort of shape I'm in
Last rest:       27/5 
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning lmh

Yesterday's lyrics were Placebo and Every You Every Me.

What: hopefully another couple of walks
    Why: kitchen is meant to be starting today, so depending when builders come and go depends what I do.
    Last hard: moving my arm this morning!
    Lyrics: nope

Hope training goes well.

Have a good day
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Hope OH is ok.

Hope the race went well Wabo.

Good luck with the 5k tonight WP.

I guess I shouldn't tell you it is likely perfect weather for you here LMH.... Where are you going to on your hols next week?  (still haven't read back if you mentioned it last week..sorry).  Boo to the classroom hours this afternoon.  If the weather is poor at least you won't be missing anything.

Good luck with the kitchen emzap. 

What: rest day today
    Why: need to freshen up the legs for Friday
    Last hard: getting up the hills yesterday evening - legs were like lead
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Grey but dry here, although it rained for 12 hours yesterday with barely a break.

How was Elvis, Wabo?

Hope builders go to plan, Emz!

What: probably some sort of fartlek or progressive run

Why: Wednesday is supposed to be a quicker day.

Lots of cross training shortly: have accumulated a pile of ironing that needs to be attacked!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Looks like inadvertently didn't press "post comment" yesterday....
    Ale - good luck with the ironing, coincide it for 10:30 , should be a good game today. 

What - easy lunchtime, coaching this evening
    Why - continued revovery
    last rest - 11 days
    last hard - Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday...

Yesterday I was coaching the main group rather than training as legs still mangled from the weekend. That plus the session was 12x400s up and down a grassy bank....Chalked up 3 or 4 steady miles but it wasn't comfortable. 

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Wabo how was Elvis in fine form?

Ale: Good luck with ironing I have just finished our's.

Dustin Hope legs ease off for you!

LMH: Surely you know it is flaming June in April:-) Good luck today.

Hazel:Hope legs behave today for you.

Em: Hope builders turn up on time today.

What: 5k race this evening
    Why: That is the question I am asking myself :)
    Last hard: Today
    Lyrics: Nope
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Go well this evening, WP!

A dozen shirts etc d&d. Running shortly. Then will dip in and out of various cricket games! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Race well Poppy.

Hope the builders/kitchen isn't too stressful emzap.

I was back in capris and a long sleeved top this morning Hazel. We are off to Devon for a week.

Take it easy Dustin.

Hope you enjoy your run Alehouse.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Elvis was in pretty good form, the 3 kids riding round on bikes and swerving at last minute from runners were not.  One Marshall asked them to please be careful of the runners, mouthful of abuse and spat at in her face. One of our girls saw and dropped out of the race to comfort the marshall who was really upset (changed that as I said shook up, bit Elvis didn't want to joke). One kid on his bike was gunning straight for me near the finish and I think just before the poor marshall was spat at. 
    So it was a good course, nobody dressed up but they have in the past!  Did 49.37, last year 51.27 and 2015 sub 45.  I have to get down to that again I really should be able to I know that!
    Elvis is for East London 5 interclub league - 5k or miles
    hazel, enjoy your rest day
    alehouse enjoy whichever you choose, do you take in ironing ;-)
    dustin enjoy the easy and coaching
    WP, have a great race tonight!!
    Chick see above re fancy dress lol
    LMH i hope Devon warms up for you, what are you tapering for?
    Emzap enjoy your walks, thats rubbish about your arm 

What: easy 2 miles later
    why: another race tomorrow
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

Weight back to pre holiday today. I am on a mission to slowly lose the next 8.5lbs.....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Hope someone took photos of the offenders, Wabo! And well done racing-wise! No reason as you say why you can't get back to your 2015 level: consistent consistency training-wise! And no, I don't take in ironing!

LMH, I ran in tracksters and one long-sleeved top as I didn't want to wear too much as I was planning to push hard in parts; no rain forecast either. 

What: 6k warm up (not sure that I did!) and then 2 x 1k on the first part of the local parkrun, so 2 hills per km). 1 km warm down. 

Why: needed a long warm up...and within a km of setting off it started raining, albeit not for long. None too warm, and rather breezy. Worked hard on the 2 reps.

S.A. struggling again, Emz
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Jeez, ale I must be on a different planet.  I started my recovery run outside this morning but it was so muggy and 24 degrees that I finished it on the tready in an air-conditioned gym :D

Well done, wabo. Always good to beat previous years' times. Shocked to read about the incident with those chavvy kids. I think I would have kicked them off their bikes 🤬

Good luck, poppy 🤞

Hope your training wasn't too boring,  LMH. I did put some cotton wool and multiple plasteres over the blister. I think it's no longer angry with me.

Smart move, Dustin.

Yes, where is OH?

What: 5 miles plus s&c
    Why: injury prevention
    Last hard: cooling down
    Last rest: 25/5
    Pretty sure I know those lyrics

• Good news on the blister chicksta. Three hours of my life I won't get back - it wasn't the content but the presenter that was the issue really.

What awful behaviour Wabo, hope it didn't spoil it for too many people, faster this year than last is good. Hope you have a good race tonight. Well done on getting back to your pre holiday weight so quickly. I'm running Yeovil marathon on Sunday.

It was so much warmer this week last year Alehouse, I'm really hoping it perks up soon.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Chick: it is currently 14 degrees with a feel like temperature of 12...and that is the highest of the day! Had to have the heating on for a while earlier!

LMH: think Wabo's race is tomorrow evening (Assembly League...one of my friends is involved in organising it). WP is tonight! What's the Yeovil forecast?

• Haven't looked Alehouse. Ah, I thought Wabo said she was racing two evenings in a row, must have misread. I would have had the heating on here yesterday and probably this morning but as it's June I refused to do so.
  • I'm here!
    100m intervals at track tonight.
    Lochalsh Dirty 30 this Saturday (driving down on Friday) - likely another slow one.
    Lyrics no

Sounds pretty ASBO stuff Wabo. Although normally a peaceable sort of guy I might have been tempted to play chicken and see them come off their bikes!

Pleasant evening here but at about 9°C feeling fairly warm compared to last few days. Monday was dreich.