Thursday 6th June 2019 - I solve my problems and I see the light

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Morning

Lyrics - I solve my problems and I see the light

What: a walk and starting to clear kitchen
Why: garage and utility cleared so they can knock down that wall. The kitchen gets knocked into on Monday
Last hard: this may be. I'm not really able to lift much!

Have a great day all

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Waiting For The Sun - The Doors.

Good to see you OH.

The builders turned up then emzap?

Really struggled to drag myself out of bed this morning - I don't think tapering suits me:-)

What:            short and easy/physio/jab
    Why:             taper/racing Sunday/ needed
    Last hard:     getting up
    Last rest:      27/5

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Take it easy, Emz!

What: easy run, longer fitness suite this evening

Why: yesterday was hard/needs must/work

Struggled to drag myself out of bed also, LMH! Quite rare!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh yup! We now have a loft hatch in our garage which meant a lot of the things in there can be moved up, leaving a bit of space in the garage as 1/3 of it is being incorporated into the kitchen and utility. Think there may be a lot of dust and noise in my future!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Emz - exciting times with the building work but don't overdo things!
    Wabo - that is shocking. I hate that sort of behaviour and probably would have done something I shouldn't...
    LmH - Enjoy Devon, should be good. Where are you staying?
    No idea where this cold weather is, there isn't any here...

What - nothing
    Why - usually coach U11s but have a local awards 'do' tonight to attend on behalf of the club. Have to be home early so can't really get out at lunchtime. Legs need the recovery anyway.
    last rest - see above
    last hard - Yesterday's 6 at lunchtime
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Ale I really could do with your ironing services, are you sure you can't be persuaded?
    Hope you had a good race WP.
    Wabo that is awful with the kids.  I'm afraid I would probably put out a sharp elbow and if one fell off then tough.  Good time improvement compared to last year.
    Welcome back OH, Lochalsh Dirty 30 looks lovely.  (scores a four on the bog rating I see - can you do it in wellies?)
    Chicksta I saw a report on the weather on NDR (German regional TV, don't know why though I was there though) - seems very tough conditions up there.  Good the blister is manageable.
    Emz are you living off takeaways for the next days (weeks?) then?  I would leave the heavier lifting to someone else.
    Taper over soon LMH and holidays to look forward to too. Devon sounds nice for a break.
    Have a good rest day Dustin.

What: shifting my bike to the end of tomorrow's HM and a short recovery with strides
    Why: no public transport available to get home post race (around 1am) and OH needs the car / difficult to use anyway as roads closed due to said race
    Last hard: another one struggling to get up this morning
    Last rest: 5.6.

• Blimey Hazel that's a late finish for your race.

Hope the awards ceremony is good Dustin. We are staying in Brixham. I predict a week of little running with it being post marathon and hilly.

Careful emzap. I'm sure you can persuade the builders to help you - I've found copious amounts of coffee and a steady supply of biscuits mean that most of the trades are happy to do a little more than they strictly have to.

It's rare for me too Alehouse. Lovely morning here, hope you get good weather for your run.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    what marathon LMH? Hopefully you will bounce back after the jab
    OH i must admit I didn't swerve from the bike, luckily he did! I would have made sure he came off worse
    hazel hope tomorrow goes well and weather is kind
    alehouse enjoy y our easy run, I'll enjoy assembly league!
    Dustin have a great awards night
    Chick I do wish someone had kicked them off!
    Emzap, my my you have a lot going on!
    What: 5k race at my club
    why: hosts!
    last hard: tuesday
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all, enjoy the sun I think it will go tomorrow :-(
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Wabo: Good luck tomorrow for 5k give it some welly girl:-)

Hazel wow that is a late race any reason for it?

Dustin: Enjoy Awards night and rest for your legs:-)

What: 5 miles recovery run
    Why: Because i can
    Last hard? getting out of bed/race/jab
    Lyrics Nope

Race was disappointing due to communication I was told the start(by one of the marshals when collecting my number)  was one end of prom when I had done 2 mile warm up and just jogging to start with 15 minutes to go.No one there just 2 marshals so I ask and the said it was the turn around spot so I had 10 minutes to run 1.3 miles or go home and sulk.....
    me being me made the decision to try to run to start which I did with 2 minutes to spare.Out of breath and knackered no other word for it! run 5k I knew it would be a slog but I got it done struggled towards end I could feel that empty feeling as if I wanted to be sick the worst I have felt after a 5k. but held it together . Jogged back to car making 7.5 miles with a speed session in the middle :) 

I would love a good crack at it as a flat course but the club were not good communicating and I felt let down by them , I won't be running the next one.I will concentrate on the 10k's and save my 5k PB for Llandudno next year:-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Mine is tonight WP, oh that is such a pain for you!! That's not good communication at all!!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    What a pain, WP! Getting to the start line with no-one there is pre-race nightmare stuff. To have it actually happen to you is just horrid. Well done for not sulking and going home!

OH: Good to see you. 9 degrees is deffo too cold for summer. Given the choice I rather melt in our current heatwave.

Em: Echo what others said. Be careful and let the boys do the heavy work.

LMH: I hope you feel better after your jab. Do they kick in instantly or does it take a bit of time?

Hazel: Oh wow, a night race. How exciting. Is it in the dark with head torches or on well-lit roads?

Good luck at tonight's 5k, wabo.

Ale: Heating? Oh my word…

What: 8 miles with hill sprints and strides
    Why: leg turnover
    Last hard: today felt hard - took me a while to figure out why :D numpty here did gym stuff for the first time since pre-holiday …  and I always suffer with heavy legs after the first couple of s&c sessions.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Weather report from north west England...dry in Manchester but no cricket in Liverpool due to rain 

Enjoy your assembling, Wabo! Say hello to Dennis from me if he's there!

WP: I would just put it down to experience...and as it is a fast course do the next one!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sounds as though you coped with it well Poppy.

It takes about two to three days to kick in chicksta.

Race well Wabo.

Physio says 'nothing to worry about' legs wise.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    question for all you clever ones, when I finished the 5 mile race on tuesday, as I approached the finish line I was struggling to not be sick! This has happened before but a few times only and seems to be when I really push at the end.  Am I exhausted or something? Anyone know?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear about the legs LMH
    will do alehouse
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    I had the same happen to me last night Wabo I put it down to pushing really hard at the end.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • 500m sea swim and 5k run
    Heading south to Lochalsh tomorrow
    Last hard:Castle of Mey 10k
    Last rest Sunday
    Lyrics no

Re exercise induced nausea: one of my daughter's once finished a minitriathlon with a "technicolour yawn". Also a recurrent problem for one of my ultra friends especially on longer runs.

Pretty wet here and forecast to see rain on Saturday :'(
  • Quite normal Wabo - just means you're trying.

Early start tomorrow OH? Safe journey if so, hope you have a great race.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Lots of racing going on, exciting 👏

Perfect timing for the jab then, LMH.

We're missing a few regulars, don't we? SC and Benjy to name just two ...
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Oh that is crap WP. 

Travel and race well OH.

Hope you have had a good race Wabo.

Almost thought of the heating here: more than 25 degrees yesterday, only 12 ish this afternoon, quite a drop.

My half is an add-on to a 100km race.  That starts at 10pm with 23 hours to complete, there is also lots of kid's races, a 13km fun run, a 56k and a 100k relay.  Am thinking about the 56k for next year if I do a spring mara and I also have my eye on the 100k at some point. Goes almost past my door.  Headtorch is a good idea as not all sectionss have street lights.  Bike is in place, hope it stays there!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Sounds a tough night Poppy, but coped well

Enjoy the awards Dustin

Have some real IBS issues at the moment, which curtailed my run last night... a few issues on the fartleks tonight too.

Booked back in to see the doctor in a couple of weeks

Take care