Friday 7th June 2019 - Baby I see this world has made you sad

Morning.

Lyrics - Baby I see this world has made you sad

Sorry to hear that you are having IBS issues RFJ, not pleasant.

I'd like to do another ultra Hazel but finding a mostly flat one not requiring navigation isn't easy and then of course it has to fit in with London training etc. Nice to have one so handy.

How did you do Wabo?

Did you pick up any awards Dustin?

Any improvement in your niggles Alehouse?

What:             short and easy/packing
Why:              taper/holiday
Last hard:      deciding what to do on Sunday/what to pack
Last rest:       27/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Yesterday's lyrics were grease is the word - Frankie Valli

What: a (I imagine very wet) walk
    Why: trying to keep fit
    Last hard: clearing out the kitchen. I ache!
    Lyrics: nope

Wabo that's terrible about the children on bikes
    WP what a pain but good on you for not giving in.
    Rfj sorry to hear your IBS is giving you issues.
    How are your calves now lmh?

Have a lovely Friday all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Consultant and physio had a conversation re heel, LMH: "He thinks it sounds like nerve tension, he wouldn’t advise further investigations at present especially when it isn’t interfering with running or exercising and there are no other signs of spinal issues. We think we will keep monitoring it and if it doesn’t settle within the next few weeks we can reassess." 
    Achilles continues to need managing, and hip discomfort comes and goes! Old age?!

What: 30 to 40 mins easy

Why: legs still tired from Weds. Friday usually fairly easy anyway.

Go well, Hazel

Travel way, OH!

You may well get your rain today, Dustin!

Race report, Wabo?! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That sounds mostly positive Alehouse.

Still a bit tight emzap but mostly fine. Forecast to rain here for most of the day but I'm hoping to get it before it starts - needed to warm up after walking Grace first though.

Must be difficult to plan for a race starting at such an unusual time Hazel - hope you can take it easy today, that you have a good race and that you get home safely.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Race was brilliant! Our club's first assembly league and many described it as one of the best! I have run for this club for 19 years and parts of the run were on areas I always used to run but it has all been regenerated.  I had the most surprise when I found myself running past a beach volleyball court!!  I wasn't particularly fast but it was twisty and turny and i felt amazing.  29.13 I think for 5k.  Loved it so much! And all the kids around the park area playing were darlings :-)
    LMH have a great race and fantastic holiday after!
    Emzap you have a lovely Friday too
    Alehouse that sounds positive about your heel - glad to hear it.  Enjoy your 30-40!
    Hazel, have a great race, look forward to the report!
    What: 2 miles d&d this am
    why: driving straight from work to mums later
    last hard: this morning
    last r est: 31/12/16

Pegwell Bay park run tomorrow morning if mummy allows...
    Have a good weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Thanks LMH.  It is not too bad planning wise - just have to make sure that I don't overdo the evening meal.  I find 7pm race starts harder as that is normally around the time I would eat at.  The course is very well signposted - no need for navigation at all.  Flat?  Hmm - the 100km has around 500m of ascent, the 56km I would guess about 300, the HM has an evil 100m hill halfway through (all races use the same course).  It is mostly road - some broad tracks but nothing really uncivilized.

Sorry about the IBS issues RFJ - hope you can find a cause quickly.

Have a nice walk despite the wet emzap.

Doesn't sound too bad Ale.

What: HM this evening
    Why: local, I liked it last year, in particular running at night is something different.
    Last rest: 05.05.

Lyrics: no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Glad it went well, Wabo! And hope you get to parkrun! Need to check that the one I was planning to go to is on: M74 has just told me that there is a funfair for Eid in the park. 

What: 43 minutes at an easy pace, but found it hard work on tired legs.

Why: Friday is an easy day but don't usually run quite that long. Trying to up the kms a bit.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Wabo: You sound so enthused about your race well done:-)

Ale: That all sounds pretty positive to me:-)

Hazel : Good luck tonight!

RFJ: Sorry about IBS, any idea why flare up?

Em: Hope you stay dry for walk!

LMH: Good luck packing and off course with short run.

What 4 mile run
    Why: Cutback/recovery weak/tiredness
    Last hard: Tiredness
    Lyrics: Nope/but should have got yesterday's

Legs are still tired but getting there.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    x-post with Wabo - sorry. 

Well done and nice that you enjoyed it so much.

Hope that your parkrun takes place Ale. 

When are you travelling south LMH? In case you aren't around tomorrow - all the best for Yeovil and for the start of your holidays!  
  • We leave tomorrow morning Hazel. The ultra sounds good though I don't think I could run overnight, I need my bed too much these days.

Hopefully your jab will kick in soon Poppy.

Lovely to hear you so upbeat Wabo. Hope all is well with your mum and you get to parkrun tomorrow.

It's good that you're able to build again Alehouse.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Just been looking at the Dirty 30, OH! Looks and sounds a little too crazy for me! Weather is looking reasonable for tomorrow! Hope the forecast is right for there...but not for here where 9 a.m. it currently says feels like 5 degrees with rain and strong winds. parkrun will be well wrapped up and fairly gentle this week, I suspect. Not sure which one to go to (6 within 3 miles of my house and a few not much further away!)

I also have a sportsshoes.com discount code (10% off plus free delivery) should anyone want it. Just message me! WP will be along shortly to say she has already ordered a new pair of shoes!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    I have indeed ordered new shoes 10% and free postage is not to be sniffed at...Thanks to Alehouse :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Good luck tonight, Hazel!

Wabo: that sounds very enthusiastic. Well done. Love it when a race goes well. Enjoy parkrun if you go.

Ale: old age indeed. At least you're allowed to keep running.

Hope the tiredness goes once you have your jab, Poppy.

Getting excited, LMH? Hope it goes well for you on Sunday.

Hope the builders aren't causing too much nuisance, em.

What: short gym session in my lunch break
    Why: no sleep again last night - finally fell asleep at 4am and wasn't able to get up an hour later for a run. Legs are super sore still from Wednesday's gym stuff so probably not a bad idea to give them a break.
    Last hard: sleeping
    Last rest 25/5
    Lyrics: Yes. And I should have known yesterday's too!

• It's been passed on thanks Alehouse. Just in time for Mark's birthday present shopping:-)

That's probably not the word I'd use chicksta. Hope you have a better night tonight, it gets wearing.
  • Should have got yesterday's lyrics (hangs head in shame)
    Now in B&B near Shiel Bridge. Nice sunny day today (20°C) but predicted to be overcast tomorrow with likelihood of both rain and sun after 2pm.
    Fairly sure I don't know today's lyrics.
  • I'd have loved 20C OH! Glad you have arrived ok, hope the weather holds for the race. Are you making a holiday of it or just weekending?
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all, 
    LmH - have a great break and race well!
    RFJ - sorry to hear about the IBS, I know you've struggled with that before so hope it soon eases
    Wabo - sounds like a great evening and a great event!
    Ale - yes indeed. It hasn't stopped I don't think....
    What - 6 miles over the fields in the rain this evening
    Why - getting out
    last rest - yesterday
    last hard - Last week
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    LMH - don't forget to pack your number. I'll see you sunday, i hope to get there 8am ish, in order to get moving again after the drive. Hopefully we'll have a nice toddle round the countryside, followed by a cup of tea afterwards.