Sunday 9th June 2019 - Dance to your Daddy my little laddie

Morning.

It’s a beautiful one here. I’m eating breakfast watching the trawlers leave the harbour with a big yellow sun reflecting off a calm sea and a seal playing about as close in as he could get.

Well done OH - hope you haven’t sustained any injuries?

Nice report Hazel. Hope you caught up with your sleep last night.

What:         Yeovil marathon
Why:           I’m asking myself the same thing
Last hard:   Not making the most of a lovely evening yesterday with a walk
Last rest:    27/5
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morninf

Good luck lmh and tr
    Well done hazel sounds like a great race.
    Oh well done too though sounds slightly mad!

What: some wondering round farms
    Why: get out of the dusty house with one hole in the wall!
    Last hard: royal mail losing a parcel and then refunding me a book of stamps!!!
    Lyrics: nope

Hypnobirthing taster was interesting. It's all about having a positive approach to birth, reducing stress reduces adrenaline and therefore increases oxytocin and helps the natural birth process.  Also focuses on getting the partner involved. She was very down to earth and it's science based (though no actual evidence it works) so I think we are giving it a try.  Think many of the techniques would be good for other anxieties as well.  Oh I can believe it, the power of relaxation is underestimated (and I'm a medically minded person!)

Chick, hope you slept better.

Have a lovely day all. Enjoy the day off rain
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes!

Looking forward to your report, LMH!

What: short and easy plus fitness suite

Why: Sunday

Weather looking much better today! Gardening shortly.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Changing my no on the lyrics to a yes
  • Driving home.
    Els has work tomorrow
    Last hard yesterday. Sore calfs but no significant injuries.
    Last rest Friday and today will be a rest day too
    Lyrics no
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

I look forward to race report later LMH :)

OH: Oh goodness me that looks an amazing but very hilly and muddy route!

Alehouse: Is your Garmin working after the drama of yesterday?

What: 5.2 miles
    Why: Slept in and felt queasy
    Last hard : Tiredness
    Lyrics: One song springs to mind but from an advert?

Typical I write out a schedule for next 4 weeks and fail on day one but I am sure I can re jig the week somehow;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Hope LMH and TR are going well.

Well done OH. Lovely pics. Giggled at the muddy fall I'm afraid but glad you didn't hurt yourself. Have a good journey home.

Enjoy your wander emzap.

Ditto the gardening Ale. (and the sport activities as well of course).

Yesterday's lyrics: The Race by Yello

What: lazy Sunday, probably a local walk in a while once I can get OH away from the Sunday paper.
    Why: HM recovery, weather dull and wet later.
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Morning :)

Sounds like a perfect day for a marathon, LMH. I hope it goes well 🙏

Great report, Hazel and glad you overtook the idiot that tripped you up >:)
    I didn't even say I knew yesterday's lyrics. D'oh... Big fan of Yello. Dieter Meier is a man with multiple talents. He makes some great bio wine in Argentina btw.

Sheesh, OH - the does look boggy. Glad you didn't hurt yourself. Well done for completing another crazy challenge.

Em: I believe in the power of relaxation too. Yoga taught me that. Races in a calm state of mind usually turn out much better than those approached with too much anxiety.

Poppy: Sorry to hear you're a bit unwell. Luckily we're all experienced enough to skip or re-arrange sessions if need be.

Hope your Garmin is behaving now, ale.

I did have another go at my planned 17 with 8@MP but wasn't that successful. Lovely morning but still very windy. Decided I'd use the old railway line which has tree cover to shelter you from the worst of the wind. Downside being that GPS is iffy so plan was to go by HR only to find my HRM was dead and the wrist based HRM only works when I don't move. So I ran on feel. Averaged 8 ish pace but it was hard work. Had to climb over a fallen tree at one point. Victim of last night's storm. Anyway, miles in the bank :)

What: see above
    Why:  16 weeks till Berlin
    Last hard: today would qualify
    Last rest: 25/5
    Lyrics: no
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    One of us did 2.57, one did 2.58. Tough course, so happy days.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Well done TR and LMH which ever way around it was :)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    It was ladies first, of course.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Afternoon!

Great work TR: good to see you back under 3! And well done to LMH on what sounded a tougher course than last year. Hope it is a Little Miss Happy! Looking forward to the reports! 
    Would be good if you stuck around on this thread!

Have done a reset on the Garmin but not used it, using my Tomtom instead (which I don't really  get on with).

Got wet on my run: pouring now!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Fantastic LMH and TR👏
    Well done both of you.

• Well done TR and LMH
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Brilliant well done to both of you!
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Great placings I see, TRLMH! Hope you were suitably rewarded with decent prizes! Well done! 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well done lmh and tr. Great results.

So visited 3 farms today. 1 was a hop farm with a brewery so we ended up on a brewery tour which was very interesting. Legs ache a bit now!
  • Glad you’re ok OH.

Sorry to hear that your run didn’t go so well chicksta but the miles are in the bank and it’s the effort that matters, never mind the HR.

Hope you enjoyed the walk Hazel.

I won a book Alehouse!

Did you manage a run Poppy or too tired?

Not a lot to say about today really. Beautiful day for it, lovely to meet up with TR before the start and nice to have some chatty men to run with most of the way round- I usually spend most races running alone or with blokes that aren’t interested in whiling away the miles with my small talk:-) At three or four miles I was on PB pace but I was in a group, happy chatting, and it was feeling easier than last year at Yeovil and than at London this year but I just thought ‘you know what, I’d just like to actually enjoy this’ and settled in to run comfortably and not worry about the time. Stomach was better than at London but not good, I managed one gel around 12 miles then spent the rest of the race wondering if I was going to have to pit stop and not daring to take another gel.To be honest a stop probably would have helped but I was pacing a guy who was trying to go sub 3 and I was able to keep going so I did. Unfortunately he dropped off at about 17 miles but by then I was catching and passing quite a few I’d been chatting to earlier and was able to just keep going strongly to the finish. I think the course was hillier than last year and the contorted run round the field at the end wasn’t conducive to a fast time either so I was content with my 2.57.35. Great to see TR smash the sub 3 again and Mark to run his first marathon in years sub 4.30. Unfortunately the ice cream shop was shut by the time we made it back to our apartment 😊
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    You sound very pleased with today and rightly so, LMH. Chasing PBs can sometimes make us forget that we ought to enjoy our running every now and again. Nice to have company. Makes time pass so much quicker. And well done Mark :+1:

Shame about the ice cream shop being shut. Was the book all in terms of prizes? I'd hope you"d won some cash to get yourself a pair of magic shoes ;)

Regarding gels: Have you tried Maurten? They're very light on the stomach and don't taste of anything, just sweet. I mean, if it works for Kipchoge ... I like them a lot.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    LMH and TR, cracking running well done both of you

OH, lovely pics for a hard course by the looks

parkrun 473 done yesterday fighting the wind....

Today was Church BBQ, with 5-A-Side, tug of ward and rounders... followed by a 5.5m progressive run

Double race week ahead, with two local races Lethbridge 10k on Weds and Broad Town 5m on Sat.

Take care
  • Lyrics (correction) yes