Sub 3

Comments

• MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭
    TR - Yeovil is a brand new day and you seem to be in good feckle, looking forward to seeing how you go. 
    LMH - Enjoy the Red tonite and go well tomorrow!

I have done the Welsh Castles SJ - it was just like it is today weather wise, seem to remember they like to send you over mountains.

Im thinking about starting to get motivated again - 2 recoveries in two weeks - deliberate as I have broken down twice if I go to quick after a mara. Looking and chatting to Coaches at the mo ( not the omnibus variety). 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Menn - agreed, the forecast still shows 15ish degrees and lightwinds for tomorrow, so lucky for once. Whilst you are doing very well uncoached,  a coach would still do an uncoached runner good as they will make them do what they need to do each week, rarher than what they like to do, alrhough you are pretty strict so do a lot of right things already.
  • BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    eyup, TR - I still lurk here; just dropping by to send  positive vibes your way - to paraphrase Mr K.Keegan - I'd "love it, just love it" if you bag the sub3 at age 52  . . . .   
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Cheers Birch, ive had a lot of good wishes, everybody loves a trier i guess. What age was yr last sub3? 
  • BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    TR - 2:57 at age 47 in 2002 ;  I was in sub 3 shape at 50 (2005), with a 1:24:nn half , but my hopes disappeared with a DNS, with all my stuff (inc, crucially, the timing chip) on the train at Blackheath - a story well documented, so enough said !!   
  • saintjasonsaintjason ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to toasting your success tomorrow night TR so I have a vested interest in you doing well :) 

Finally pulled my finger out.. I'll be in York on 20th October. 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Birch - ooh, thats worse than my chasing the train in the jam jar to get my number back. Same here then, as i did 2.54 at vlm  in 2015 just before my 48th bday.

SJ - nice, there will be a lot of threaders at York. I like the sound of York, but Abo is only a 90min drive and its quick. Win or lose I'll have a couple tomorrow, but if its a good day then i will allow myself a couple of Proper Jobs.
  • A very wet three miles for me this morning as my super duper inov8 jacket was packed. Now safely in Devon and carb loading.

See you tomorrow TR - aiming to be there around 0800hrs too.

Is it Two Castles for you Stevie? Hope you have a good one.

It’s really good to hear that things are continuing to go well LS21.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • StevieWhStevieWh ✭✭✭
    Yes it is LMH, really looking forward to it. Happens to be the first ever race I did back in 2011 when I used to race a 10k once a year
  • Just diving in briefly. Best of luck at Yeovil TR and LMH.

Good luck to anyone else racing.

Been doing a  bit of running, nothing interesting to report!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    One of us did 2.57 the other 2.58. Tough courze.
  • LS21LS21 ✭✭✭
    YES! Enjoy your beerios. Great stuff!!
  • StevieWhStevieWh ✭✭✭
    Brilliant from both! Very well deserved, enjoy the celebrations!

37.46 for me at Two Castles 10k. 2 seconds off a PB but I'd forgotten how hilly the course was so I'm happy with that. Very enjoyable battle at the finish with another runner which ended in me just pipping him with an almighty sprint!
    GTFI there!!! Well done TR and LMH. Chuffed for you both. Richly deserved for the life stresses you both had to deal with earlier in the year. 

Stevie - as commented on Strava, well run on a hilly course. More to come in sure as there is no way my PB is quicker than yours. 

Not such a good day for Marigold :( 
  • TickTockTickTock ✭✭✭
    TR - great to hear you are back clocking sub3 times. I hope LMH is happy with her time.

Well done StvieWh, sounds like a fun sprint.

Nice easy 18 for me today  to bring up 53 for week  plus a fair few bike commute  miles. 
  • Great great to see TR smash the sub 3 today and run a comfortable if not entirely stomach trouble free race - could only manage one gel without worrying consequences.
  • Good news from our racers today :) Exactly what it says on the tin. Gutted for Marigold though :(

• selbsselbs ✭✭✭
    Brilliant stuff TR and LMH.  Well done!!!!!
  • Great stuff both of you, well done.
  • MennaniaMennania ✭✭✭
    Happy days, great work guys!!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Cheers, whilst it only took 1h 40m to get there early doors, traffic and incidents meant it took 3hrs to drive home.

In short, i ran within myself a bit today to maximise my sun3 chances, i wanted to prove i could still sub3 and come away feeling i can go faster. Both boxes ticked. Great to spend some time after with LMH.

Will do a better report later on.
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    TR/ LMH - I am so pleased for you both, strangely I was feeling nervous for you too, especially TR so relieved to see it went well.  I look forward to hearing about how the race went but the key is sub 3 job done.
    StevieWh - A pb! Congratulations thats a pretty swift time.  
  • PadamsPadams ✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff TR and LMH! Looking forward for the full reports on due course.

A good day for me too - won the HM in 73:28 on a tough course. Didn’t lead until the 11th mile so it was a full-on effort but will give a better description tomorrow.
  • SBD.SBD. ✭✭✭

Excellent work at Yeovil TR and LMH.

Great to see you dip back under Sub 3 TR after all the training you've put in over the last two years!  Plenty more to come, I'm sure.

Enjoy the beers!

I knew it Padams... odds on :) I could tell from your posts you were quietly confident. Super stuff off not a lot of miles, relatively speaking. 

Looking forward to those reports. 

I was busy keeping an eye out on the Welsh Castles relay too.... Official results not in yet but pretty certain Sale retained their title in some style, winning a lot of the legs. Maybe I'll get back in that team once some get bored of winning it :) 

• Well dwell done Padams.

So close Stevie - do you have a flatter one in the diary?

Report on yesterday’s daily training thread for anyone who’s bored.
  • OuchOuchOuchOuch ✭✭✭
    Wow, well done Padams, you can't do better than that! Super time too.  Look forward to hearing about those last few miles. 
    Congratulations LMH on the gender win and TR on the highly sought after fast old codger victory. 
    StevieWh - sorry, 2 seconds off a PB - still pretty fast going. 
  • Couple of reasonables in order I guess.  

Easy to forget that that's what the thread has been about since its inception...and that some of us aren't the same age we were when we joined the thread...so it's not getting any easier.

As you were.
  • CharlieWCharlieW ✭✭✭
    LS21 -- great to see you back to it.

TR -- hooray, back to your 2:5x form at last after all the toaster incidents. Nice one!

LMH -- gosh, so you were close to your course record again, great stuff.

Padams -- impressive win on the hills there. Amazed what you do on so little training.

And nice one too Stevie.

I was keen to try my customised Vaporflys in a representative run before risking an A-race in them. If only Yeovil were more local, I'd have done it. But instead I did my standard 28-mile steady on the busway (tarmac) path yesterday, reasonably brisk (7:20/M); the shoes were good, still felt nicely padded at the end, though I got a bit of a rub under one arch. That was also to keep my endurance adaptations ticking over, in case I do an ultra over the summer.

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    Stevie  - plenty more to come for you at all distances. Youll be 35mins soon.

Padams - good to see you back at the top of the podium.

CW - thats a long run in the VFs without doing much in them previously. You need a new pair racing in?

Thanks for all the good wishes, it takes a runner to understand the pursuit of an arbitary time that means nothing to the everyday person.

Feel pretty good today, so good news.