Monday 10th June 2019 I don't wanna talk...

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: I don't wanna talk
About things we've gone through

Well done again yesterday, LMH and TR

Hope it is a very special book that you won, LMH! Antique? Gold-plated? Lyrics are somehow inappropriate! Have a good holiday! What will be next running-wise?

Did you get anything for the age group win, TR? Abo next?

What: legs will decide when I get going

Why: legs feel tired. Fitness suite? Gardening?
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Rfj that's a lot of parkruns!
    How are the legs today lmh and tr?

What: a walk, hopefully this morning before the rain sets in
    Why: may be the last dry weather of the week!
    Last hard: a while
    Lyrics: yes! 2 days in a row!

Have a lovely day all
  • Morning.

Yesterday’s lyrics - When the boat comes in - seemed appropriate as I sat watching the trawlers.

I have read about the Maurten stuff chicksta but I’d rather find a cheaper alternative if possible. The issues are fairly recent, I’ve been fine with my High 5 gels previously and it’s not the gels that cause the problem.

We are just back from a nice walk emzap - I think we may have had the best of the day too.

I nearly ran this morning but my right knee is niggly and swollen and I shall be in to autumn marathon training soon so I thought that a mental and physical break would be no bad thing - which isn’t to say I won’t run later if the fancy takes me.

Yeovil is not a marathon to run in pursuit of prizes Alehouse.

What:            Whatever I feel like (5 miles walked already)
    Why:              Post marathon/on holiday
    Last hard:     Stomach misbehaving again yesterday
    Last rest:       27/5

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Morning again!

Don't think any of us run any races for the prizes, LMH! Weather is good here but supposed to change around lunchtime. Unfortunately it will probably be raining by the time I get to run: got to wait in for a plumber to try and cure a leak!  Says he will be here by ten; we shall see!

Meant to say well done to Mark: wonder how his legs are today!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

I am sure I know the lyrics, I'll have a think...
    LMH I will have to read back about your run yesterday - hope it went well
    emzap have a nice walk, weather does look rough this week
    alehouse have a good day, gardening might be a bit wet!

what: 3 miles later
    why: schedule in place now..
    last hard: yesterday pm
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    meant to say emzap, Jodie did hypnobirthing, very very good.  It really helped her, she did make some funny noises though  :smiley:
  • Radox bath! maybe recovery 5k this evening.
    Now feeling my various bruises
    Last hard: Dirty 30
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics - don't think so
  • Mar Mark is doing really well Alehouse - we had a good walk yesterday evening and again this morning. Weather is better than forecast here - hoping it stays that way.

Sorry to hear you’re suffering OH.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning! Just for me - bank holiday...

Gardening could be a good fitness suite in itself Ale. Hope the plumber has arrived in the meantime.

Hope you had a dry walk emzap.

Mental and physical break would probably do you good LMH, but if not running stresses you out then probably better to do it but with no  pressure.  (once the knee is happier?).  Well done to Mark and thanks for the report.

What is your schedule for Wabo? Snowdon?

Enjoy the bath OH.

Impressive number of parkruns RFJ. Nice cross training activities yesterday.

I'm afraid I am occasionally guilty of selecting races according to whether I have a chance at an age group podium.   Often properly fast runners turn up and I also do larger races to remind myself of my level.

What: cycle-run double. Cycle with OH before it rains then run in the wet. Better than the other way round.
    Why: legs feel better but should take it easy for a few days.
    Last hard: making race plans
    Last rest: yesterday

Lyrics: Yes!
  • Nothing much LMH! Just bruising.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel, yes 20 weeks which I quite liked the idea of, someone here mentioned it, chick maybe? Definitely better way round re cycle and run!
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

What 10.25 miles
    Why: Because I could
    Last hard:yesterday
    Lyrics yes

Only third double digit run this year and the longest and fastest by 30sec a mile so pretty happy.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Plumber arrived almost on time and dealt with the problem quickly! Then listened to Popmaster (where's Benjy?) before heading off for my run

What: a fairly gentle 41 minutes

Why: Monday is supposed to be long run day, catching the bus and running back, but due to the plumber was going to switch it for a speed session, but I knew before the off that various parts of my legs weren't going to be up to that! 

20 weeks sounds a long time, Wabo!  Build slowly! Did you parkrun?

Enjoy the bank holiday Monday, Hazel! Not much gardening done as yet!

Not rained here yet but getting darker by the minute. No doubt it will rain at New Road, Emz, and looking at the score Worcestershire need it! And I see it is raining with you, TR: had fancied watching SA v WI this pm if it rains here. 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    OH lovely photos and I am glad you did no damage in that mud!!
    Alehouse I did park run, after two races in the week I somehow pulled out my fastest park run this year! I felt so tired saturday morning at my mums and debated then I had a little drop of coffee and set off, it went really well.  1st my category out of 4
    Yes I am building slowly because of the foot problem I had when I tried to increase miles before, see how I go.
    Hazel great race report! I loved it
    LMH and TR, great running, sounds like you enjoyed it LMH.  Well done to Mark
    RFJ you have done so many park runs, you must do them almost every week! 
    I am planning to do York In july

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Thank you.

Ale - Yes Abo next for me, hopefully back to 2.55 by then. Wet here, so the WI may dip out today,  but thats a good thing for Eoin Morgan.
  • Hope the soak helped OH.

Nice long running Poppy.

Hope it stayed dry for your run too Hazel. I plan to next run when I’ll feel worse if I don’t. Whilst I think my knee will appreciate the rest running on it didn’t seem to make it any worse before.

Glad you didn’t have to wait too long for the plumber Alehouse.

I often find I have a good race when I’ve been stood on the start line yawning Wabo! Not that parkrun is a race of course.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sensible to rest that knee, LMH.

Bank holiday here too, Hazel. Hope the cycle/run combo went well.

Well done on your parkrun, wabo. Not sure I said anything about a 20 week schedule though. I think I wrote that I'm following an 18 week plan this time so I have enough time to ramp up the mileage as I haven't done a spring marathon :)

Ale: always good to listen to the body.

Nice double-digit run, poppy.

What: 6 mile recovery
    Why: schedule and legs needed it
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest; 25/5
    Lyrics: yes
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Huge well dones to LMH & TR at Yeovil, Hazel with the half and OH with the 30. That looks my kind of race!
    Chick - isn't it a bit early in the schedule for 17 with 8?  I could be wrong, I'm not looking at a mara plan until it's cold and wet again.....don't.look.outside....

what - easy run shortly
    why - recovery
    last rest - Thursday
    last hard - Sunday

Yesterday was our club's trail half and full (the Hampshire Hoppit).
    Saturday was set up, course marking, goody bag assembly and of course beer tasting for the post race refreshments.
    Managed a few easy miles earlier in the day to spin the legs.
    The race itself was in glorious and sunny conditions, the high winds that prevented the tents going up on Saturday had disappeared and there were clear blue skies over Watership Down.
    I organise the finish area & goody bags but make a point of jogging round the race itself - this is our 4th year of running it. Had very low expectations after the South Downs Relay last week, so set off at around 4-4:15hr pace. Pretty much ran to feel and waited for wheels to come off but that didn't really happen. Tucked in with a few others for much of the grind miles: 17-22 but found I had more left than most so actually passed quite a few on the closing few miles. 
    Nothing exotic, about 4:06 but happy enough for a trail race with about 2,000ft of climbing. 
    Then spent 3 hours on the finish line seeing everyone else finish. 
    Fortunately the weather stayed brilliant all day. If only the same could be said about today.....

• Sounds like a good day all round Dustin.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Nice work Dustin! Surprised that you aren't tempted by a Vet's track fixture this evening though!
    Not rained here yet! Which means it will when I stroll to the shops later.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Great stuff, Dustin. A friend of if mine did the hoppit too yesterday.
    The 18 week P& D schedules have MP runs in very early. Like with the LT stuff I'm not bothered if the pace is a bit shit, I just try to get the effort right.

Hot and muggy here but it's pitch black now and I reckon the skies are going to open any minute.
  • 5k recovery completed uneventfully  :)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done, OH!

Was thinking earlier TR, LMH,  how awful it might have been had you had today's weather for Yeovil! Can't control the uncontrollable!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    We could have copped Saturday's weather too, it was howling down here then. I'd have thrown the toys out the pram then, esp after copping a gale at Brighton and the worse day in 10 Brightons. I have so many races affected by coastal wind, the further in land the better! Hopefully Abo is a good day.