Friday, 14 June 2019 - You bring an energy I've never felt before

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning all :)

Today's lyrics: you bring an energy I've never felt before

LMH/Ale: Interesting about going hard on the downhills. I think that's where I go wrong and brake too much.

Nice morning out there. Trying to get another double digit run in as tomorrow will most likely be a non running day. Rubbish weather is forecast. If I can get my ass in gear I may jog a slow parkrun or join my friend Tania at tailwalking.

Office away-day today so just a few hours of work. We're going to a golf lounge :D. Luckily there's also mini golf available as an option B)

Comments

• Morning.

Grey here with some light rain forecast. More walking in store as Mark has decided he wants to catch a bus to Kingswear and walk the coast path back. I think it’s just as well I’m not running too - I can feel my quads, hip flexors and knees - not used to the ascent and descent, rough paths etc. I shall be glad to get home for a rest 😊 Was thinking a short run might happen tomorrow morning as I won’t have time for much before being shut in the car for hours but like chicksta our forecast is pants.

Hope you had a good run chicksta.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Still raining. Due to clear up mid-afternoon. 

Yesterday's lyrics were "Steppin Out", Joe Jackson. 
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJwt2dxx9yg

What: short paddle later

Why: 'tis wet. Decided to have an easier week to be kind to niggles. 

Lyrics: not today
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Plan: 6 miles
    Brightened up here although still gusty
    - however not feeling “the energy”
    marshalling tomorrow then Hoy HM Sunday
    last hard: hacking down shrubbery to make access to front wall
    last rest: Tuesday
    lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What are you having done, OH?

25 minute leg loosener d&d. Drizzle. 

Hopefully the weather is better in Southampton for cricket; watching/listening will be a big part of the rest of the day whilst ironing, cleaning etc.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

It really could stop raining soon for the UK runners and for LMH on her walking tours.

Hope you enjoyed the Spice Girls Wabo.

Good the new shoes worked out WP - shame you had to get them wet on their first outing.

Nice mileage Chicksta.  I'm not a great downhiller - the vast majority of my hill races go up and not back down again (much).  I ran an alpine marathon in 2017 involving 1800m of ups and downs on pretty rocky paths across 2 passes and was pretty cautious in comparison to some so was slower but stayed on my feet unlike some.  I guess I do something right when I do do downhills as I sometimes get quad DOMS rather than knee issues.  Good idea regarding the alarm.  Enjoy the mini-golf.

Seems to be strenuous cross-training OH.

What: recovery run this evening
    Why: keep the legs moving without overdoing things
    Last hard: some of the inclines yesterday - up to 20% - just about shuffle-jogged them but would probably be better walking
    Last rest: 09.06

Lyrics: no
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

More wet stuff here but like Alehouse due to clear up after lunch!

What: 5.4 miles
    Why: Tired and later than usual
    Last hard: The tiredness/trying to dry the running shoes/limbo under fallen tree !
    Lyrics: No
    Last rest:17/5

Why do people on narrow path's think it is okay to walk 3 abreast and when you say excuse me can I pass they look at you like you have 2 heads!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Wabo - hope you had fun!
    OH - building work? Surely you're not getting an indoor pool when you have the ocean available?!?

Ahhh uphills and downhills! - You have to practice the downs as well as the ups. I'm not brilliant at either but relative to the local "flat , townies" I do OK. I get shown up when I venture to the fells....
    I think the trick of downhill running is "try not to brake" - so let gravity take you, use arms for balance, and don't be afraid of falling over...easier said than done!

What - steady lunchtime, I'll probably get wet
    Why - Friday and it's midsummer in the UK
    last rest - couple of weeks
    last hard - Tuesday

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    oh what a night, honestly they put on a great show and we were 4 rows back standing.  To see my daughter all nostalgic and singing along so happy.  What a precious memory. I didn't quite realise how much they had meant to her growing up!!
    Dustin, hope you dont get wet - enjoy the lunch time run
    hazel, yes such fun! Enjoy your recovery run, I too get quads doms after downhills and always think I am a wuss! Feel better now ;-)
    chick enjoy your golf day
    lmh shame you can't take in a park run before you head off
    alehouse, I will kick myself about yesterdays lyrics, I love Joe Jackson! Have a good paddle lol! You did I see!

I am shattered, we got home so late and standing for 5 + hours!!

What: wait for it, club pubs on the run annual event like hashers!!
    why: its such fun
    last hard:  yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

HAckney park run tomorrow then off to Ramsgate again Sunday, busy weekend coming up again!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Actually trying to avoid an "indoor pool" -water ingress through wall into front room. Quite a bit of work needing done now including 2 new dormers, which I agree need replaced. Hate to think what bill is going to impossible to estimate as needing to remove old cast iron guttering to fully assess.

On  a positive front, 6 miles done in glorious sunshine if still a bit gusty.

Now to take shrubbery to recycling ...

• I don’t do parkrun Wabo. Your run tonight sounds fun. Glad the concert was a success.

I expect that’s going to hurt OH but nothing you can do other than have the work done.

Niggles not resolving at all Alehouse?

I do windmill arms on a good downhill Dustin - definitely helps.

Hope you managed to dry your shoes Poppy.

A dry day would be most welcome Hazel - as would some warmth - however this is England so we can’t expect too much though we were spoilt by the good summer we had last year.

Today’s walk was challenging but enjoyable. Mark gps’d 7 miles of it (didn’t have enough battery for more) and that bit registered 2000 feet of ascent - I’m a flatlander! Add to that the waterproofs on, waterproofs off, soaked through, dry vagaries of the weather and muddy, slippery paths and slate steps and I considered myself fortunate to get back with nothing worse than sore knees. Of course it’s gloriously bright and sunny now though a little breezy. No time for walking tomorrow so I was thinking of a short run to see me through the journey but as the forecast is for more heavy rain that may not happen.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Pouring again, although the afternoon has been dry, although without that yellow thing that is supposed to be in the sky!

Sounds like another tough walk LMH! Re niggles, generally improved but still not quite right. Are we ever?

Sounds like a fun weekend, Wabo?

Probably a gentle and wet parkrun tomorrow.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Quick one from me. Cream krackered after pub quiz (we won!) Finished very late.

What: about 5 km walked
    Why: with a friend. Of course it rained in last 600 m but we were lucky it was dry until then. Pouring now!
    Last hard: staying awake today
    Lyrics: nope

Hope you avoid the indoor pool oh
    Have a good journey back lmh
    Wabo glad you enjoyed spice girls!

Have a lovely evening all
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all

easy (dry) run earlier 3.25m

Will be an easy parkrun tomorrow morning followed by Broad town 5 5.5 hours later..... with all 4 Lanes running.... Me, wife, and both kids well 27/24... :-) a nice early Fathers day present

Take care