Wednesday 19th June 2019 - Look deep into the April face

Morning.

Lyrics - Look deep into the April face

I hope that the company on the run was appreciated and cake consumed OH.

A brief respite then emzap - when is the work due to be completed?

I hope you managed to sleep better chicksta, still no issue with the heat here I'm afraid in fact it's a damp start this morning.

What:              short and easy
Why:               don't want to overdo it
Last hard:       realising I might have over estimated my abilities yesterday
Last rest:        14/6

Yesterday's lyrics - I Like It - Dixie Chicks.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Damp here for a change although supposed to improve later. Think I will be delaying my run. 

LMH: not surprised you struggled a little yesterday! Enormous amount of walking last week on top of the marathon! You are quite right in saying you don't want to overdo it!

What: unsure. Hoping to include either some faster parts or hillier parts in my run but will depend how I feel when I get going. 

Why: can't stop sneezing! Not sure if it is allergy related or a head cold. And don't want to overdo it either!

And happy unbirthday to ElsOH! Hope she had a good day!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • It's drying up here Alehouse but horribly close, feels really oppressive. Hope you aren't coming down with something.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Morning all
    I hope Wabo had a good run yesterday
    Ale - cricket looked great, was tracking it on the BBC while pretending to work, and caught up with the highlights last night. Did you see the posts about Richard 12:51?? That was funny.
    Lmh - Sensible. Looks it's catching!
    What - Easy lunchtime bimble, Viccy Park I reckon. Coaching the village gang tonight.
    Why -recovery
    last rest - I'm calling it Monday
    last hard - yesterday. What a difference 24 hours make. Tired, heavy legged and jaded on Monday, sprightlyish (as well as a man of 52 can be) last night. Pyramids on damp grass in muggy rain. 200,400,600,800,k,800,600,400,200 all with 200 recovery Not quite up where I want to be, but not a million miles off. Might even hit the track on Saturday!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Just read Richard 12:51, Dustin!

Race report from Elvis?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

What 5.5miles
    Why: Tying in the run with picking up banana's
    Last hard Tiredness
    Lyrics Nope

Wet here but we had a dry day yesterday which was novel.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Hope Wabo had a good race (without any nasty kids this time)

Belated Happy Birthday for Els OH.

Good you turned back LMH if you are feeling yesterday's run that much today.

Wishing you better sleep Chicksta - Fortunately the night temperatures are still ok here.

Hope the sneezing isn't the start of a cold Ale.  

Nice pyramids Dustin.

If it was drier you could set up a camp kitchen in the garden emzap (if you have a suitable one that is).

Hmm - bananas WP - good post run food (good food at anytime actually).

What: pre work recovery run d&d (just short of 4 miles)
    Why: recover the car with the spare key (the other one sailed off to other places post-run on the back seat of someone's car.. - ooops.  Fortunately we have a spare key and another runner gave me a lift home!).  The dangers of a post run drink and chat. 
    Last hard: working out the location of the key and how to get it back without too much bother (next Sunday's race)
    Last rest: 15.06.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    we ell bless my soul whats a wrong with me!! Few secs quicker than Sat park run, 9.06 av pace, 3.2 miles in just under 29 mins.  Felt really strong, perhaps to do with the crazy 1 mile dash to the start rucksack on back! I never know my way round that park from the station. I really enjoyed my run, I felt up for it.  Just managed to beat a couple of clubmates who head off faster than me, think hair and tortoise!
    chick nice run yesterday with lack of sleep! what is heat??? 
    LMH enjoy y our short and easy
    alehouse the pollen is meant to be high at the moment, hopefully just that, have a good run
    dustin enjoy your run round my manor!! v park, did lots of marathon training round there back in the day!
    Poppy  picking up bananas??? shopping I am guessing...

I had an awful night's sleep last night, just kept waking every hour or so!!
    What: couple of miles later
    why: too tired this morning 
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Nothing more than some residual tiredness here Hazel. I bet the key situation was stressful for a while - glad it's resolved.

Might it have been racing in the evening that disturbed your sleep Wabo? I'm glad you had a good one.

Nice recovery Dustin - which events are you thinking of?

Sorry you're still struggling Poppy.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I did wonder that LMH. Feel a bit better as the day goes on!
    Hazel, oh blimey glad you solved the car key problem!!

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Wabo: Great race Elvis must have been proud :)Yes I had run out of banana's and I always have one pre run and later in day :)

Hazel : Glad you solved your car key issues!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Well done Wabo! And more to come, I'm sure!

What: just over 40 minutes a little quicker than usual

Why: erred on the side of caution and will either do something faster tomorrow evening or not at all. Quite cool when I started; by the time I finished the sun was out and it was quite warm, largely because I was over-dressed. Very puddly and I ran part of a cross country course which was far wetter than the two races there over the winter! Sun has now disappeared, of course. Hope it is only temporary. 

Good news about the keys, Hazel!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    correction now the results are in, my time was 28.32 (took a while to cross the start) and my pace was 8.55.  Long time since I went under 9mm in  a race!! 
    nice running alehouse
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Didn't go to yoga last night as wasn't feeling well.

Bit better this morning so walked at lunchtime.

Wabo well done last night.
    Hazel pain about the key, but at least you found it!
    Lmh how are your legs today?

Plan was to set up a kitchen area in garden but there's flooding not far from here so that plan was scuppered a bit!  Work should be finished 5th July so a while to go yet. Will be worth it in the end I hope...

Have a lovely evening
  • Even better Wabo!

Glad you're feeling better emzap. Legs are fine thanks, fatigue was the issue.

Mostly dry here today Alehouse but it stayed grey and close. It's actually forecast to warm up a bit by the weekend - is it possible we're going to get some summer at last?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping so lmh. I'd like to BBQ at the weekend! Wishful thinking perhaps...
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    evening all

What - Pavement testing
    Why - Mr Bump hasn't played for a while
    Last hard - The pavement
    Last rest - lying prone on my back on the pavement

4.25 blooded miles.... right knee and hand a bit of a mess but no major damage.....

Take care all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Oh dear, RFJ: hope you have survived!

Emz: when I had my kitchen re-built I was able to keep the sink and the hob going for most of the time. Slow cooker was better than the micro-wave! BBQ is of course another option...but not very often in this part of the world! 
    Great game between SA and NZ: wrong result though!

Even better, Wabo! What's next?

And the sun came out again at 8:30! Best part of the day!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Brilliant run, Wabo 👏
    Bet it was the pent up anger that made you fast.

That's a long time living on a building site, em.

You're welcome to this heat, LMH. I'm sick of it. Brief respite for a couple of days, then back to 33 again. Sigh.

Hazel: aargh, car keys. Always good for a bit of drama. Glad you have a plan how to get them back.

Nice when the legs return, Dustin.

Poppy: another banana lover here

Ouchy RFJ

What: 14 miles
    Why: midweek MLR
    Last hard: running in 25 degrees at 6am is. It was also a rather sleepless night once more.
    Last rest: 25/5