Stability Running Shoe

I recently spraned both my ankles, lost my right big toenail, as well as hurting my achilles. I'm not sure if I have overpronation or oversupination (have yet to ask a professional), but for my injuries I need stability.

I won't be able to wear shoes for another week while my toe forms a scab properly (the toenail will not grow back), so I'm stuck indoors, bored stiff. So I thought I'd look online, and get some new running shoes.

I usually find forums a good place to seek advice, so I joined up to this site.

My budget could go higher, if someone manages to pursuade me.

Comments

• HA77HA77 ✭✭✭

Stability shoes won't stabilize your ankle sprains or help with toenails. Generally stability shoes are supposedly about controlling pronation so if you don't know what your foot does you can't know if you need stability shoes. A common bit of advice on here, which I tend to agree with, is just to find a pair of shoes that feel comfortable. I've had a fair few ankle sprains and have found having a narrow midsole is better (foot closer to the ground), particularly for trail running but that means less cushioning. That's just my preference though and others would no doubt disagree.

• How did you sprain both ankles, lose a toenail and hurt your achilles ?
  • HA77 wrote (see)

Stability shoes won't stabilize your ankle sprains or help with toenails. Generally stability shoes are supposedly about controlling pronation so if you don't know what your foot does you can't know if you need stability shoes. A common bit of advice on here, which I tend to agree with, is just to find a pair of shoes that feel comfortable. I've had a fair few ankle sprains and have found having a narrow midsole is better (foot closer to the ground), particularly for trail running but that means less cushioning. That's just my preference though and others would no doubt disagree.

Giving that information was excessive about my injuries. I was merely explaining why I'm looking at stuff online: idiot step one.
    Idiot step two: remembering the "try them on" argument.

Idiot step three: divulging about unknowns (pronation and supination).

Idiot step four: I was injured playing football.

I put stability as that type was recommended. The running shoes ideally should be all purpose (even if I am tempted to get one pair for every surface).

When you tell me, "narrow midsole," that translates to what kind of arch?

Most of the shoes I look at are online only. Ordering multiple pairs of shoes is a pain.

• HA77HA77 ✭✭✭

I think when I said "narrow midsole" I really meant thin midsole. It doesn't really relate to any kind of arch it just means that there's less distance between your foot and the ground. I think if you order online without trying them on you've got to be prepared to have a few failures, I know I have.

• I had a problem because of sugar problems that needed advice on basketball shoes
  • After the days of searching for my shoes I have found above, you can refer: https://www.howstronger.com/best-running-shoes-for-overpronation/
  • > @DucHuy1989 said:
    > After the days of searching for my shoes I have found above, you can refer:
    https://www.shoesconsultant.com/best-running-shoes-for-shin-splints/
  • Check sneaker at dream pairs site
  • Hi, new here and would like some opinions on Mizuno? I really like the look of Mizuno Flyknit r2 I’m yet to go try them on just wondering if anyone’s had any quality or comfort issues?
  • I think this will be some suitable shoes for you https://www.bestforlives.com/best-walking-shoes-for-plantar-fasciitis/