Tuesday 25th June 2019 - I can just imagine you and me

Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in Training
Morning.

Lyrics - I can just imagine you and me
              Running out of steam

Pleased to hear that Jnr is ok RFJ.

I've been making a light rye loaf that I think the lemon curd will compliment very well emzap - looking forward to testing the theory later 
:)

It is a chilly, grey, wet start to the day here with heavy rain forecast until midday, definitely not conducive to a longer run when I have options to do it later in the week and I'm not 'training' so after a full waterproof walk with Grace I shall head out for a few miles, could go to the gym but I'd rather get wet than sweaty on a day like today, running on the treadie is generally a last resort as it just doesn't make me  feel as good as outside miles do.

What:             something easy
Why:              see above
Last hard:      waiting for the summer
Last rest:       14/6

Yesterday's lyrics - Deadlines and Commitments - The Killers.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Worrying, RFJ: glad Jnr is ok.

Lyrics: no

Wet here also.

What: short run, long stretch this evening

Why: work/Tuesday
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Rfj how scary. Glad all is ok.

What: walk to hospital in the rain for bloods
    Why: 28 week bloods
    Last hard: well you know how much I like needles...
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh don't get washed away! It is still very sticky though.

Have a lovely day all
  • Just back from Grace's walk and you're spot on emzap, it's that yucky combination of warm and wet, difficult to dress for. Definitely too warm to run in a jacket so I guess I'll just have to get wet. I hope it's getting a bit less traumatic to have your blood taken.

Probably a good day to be at work Alehouse.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    rfj what a worry, glad its all sorted
    LMH i liked the run this morning, last night not so! Much cooler.  Enjoy your easy
    emzap hope all goes well. my dil had her 20 week scan yesterday, baby tummy a bit small so follow up in 4 weeks.  Its legs are so long I reckon just long and slim!! Saw a video of reggie my grandson running down hill on grass, he is speedy!! excited nanna... Not even 2!

What: just under 2 miles, last night 3
    why: schedule easy does it
    last hard: this am
    last rest: 31/12/16
    have a good day all, talking of blood emzap, I am giving a pint later!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Scary RFJ.  Glad jnr is ok.

Ale: you are welcome to at least 10 degrees of my heat.  Good news on the car.

On the other hand I would like to add 10 degrees to OH's water temperature!  Sounds like you had nice outing and nice pics too - thanks.

That is a lot of poppies in that field Wabo.  Nice to see they haven't been blasted away with chemicals. 

mmhhm lemon curd LMH.  Swap you a pot for 10 degrees as well?  I would also take your rain.

Seems you have progress with the kitchen emzap.  Hope you survive the blood tests ok.

What: 11k d&d prior to breakfast.  Undulating loops in the woods next to my house
    Why:  not doing my standard group run this evening in 35 degree heat
    Last hard: getting going this morning - coffee hadn't arrived in my head by the start of my run
    Last rest: 23.06.

Lyrics: vaguely familiar
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

RFJ: Very scary with jnr but so glad he is okay!

What; 6.7 miles
    Why: Tum is acting up again!
    Last hard: tum
    Lyrics Nope

Drizzle and warm but cooler than it has been very pleasant to run in:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Oh dear, RFJ! What a worry. Glad to hear jr. is OK now.

LMH: Fresh rye loaf plus lemon curd, yum! I'm drooling all over my Keyboard. I feel similar regarding treadmill runs although they do help me with my speedwork as I'm prone to daydreaming when I run which in turn means my pace drops :)  Can't do that on a treadie or you fall off the back. I love running in warm rain though …

We seem to suffer similar temps, Hazel. Running in the woods sounds lovely.

Good running with a dodgy tummy, Poppy.

Hope the blood test goes well, em.

What: 10 miles with 5 @ LT pace. I couldn't face 10 on the treadmill so I did 4.5 outside (sweltering!) and then jumped onto the gym treadmill for the tempo bit. Went better than I thought. I'm always quite apprehensive before a session.
    Why: week 5 of P&D
    Last hard: sleeping - had a really rubbish night
    Last rest: 25/5
    Lyrics: yes and I wish it would ;)

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Bloods went ok but had to wait 45 minutes which isn't great for the nerves. Got drenched walking there and back but at least got a good long walk in. Yoga later.

Chick and hazel I think your warm weather is coming here later on the week.

WP hope your tummy is better soon.

Wabo you are very good. Also Aww to Reggie!

• Thanks for donating Wabo - I always feel very guilty that I can't.

Sorry to hear that your stomach is still playing up Poppy.

I hope it's getting easier for you emzap.

You are most welcome to the rain too Hazel - I'm not sure whether to log today's effort as a run or swim!

That feeling of dread is one of the things that stops me following a schedule chicksta, that and the inability to hit any of the prescribed paces. I'd rather enjoy my running than dread sessions and then feel disappointed when I didn't do what it said (not suggesting for a minute that's how it is for you).
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LMH: That slight feeling of dread before a session helps to kick my butt so I work just that little bit harder, call it "race day adrenaline light" :)
    Today I was well up for it, on other days when I totally don't feel the love or a niggle is rearing its ugly head I'll back off. I agree that not hitting the paces or cutting a session short makes you feel pants but on the other hand if things go well you have that warm glow for the rest of the day. Certainly won't do the 15 mile MLR that's on my schedule for tomorrow. Will bring Thursday's recovery run forward instead. After all I want to stay in one piece.
  • I can't run MP in training though chicksta let alone HM or 10k pace so would just be constantly disappointed and disheartened.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Thanks all much appreciated.

I am shattered today, so taking a rest day

hope stomach issues sort soon WP

Take care
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Short run and a fair amount of stretching d&d. 

The weather! Well it didn't come to the rescue of England's men's cricketers in London; anywhere north of London saw no cricket today and I saw the torrential rain in the Derby area on TV which saved the West Indies' women from another potential defeat. Stayed dry for my run but raining again now. 

Cold here as well: heating on briefly. Thought it was me but it was on in the changing rooms and also had been earlier in the alehouse when I popped in. Did you post the 10 degrees by second class post Hazel  or Chick? If so it might arrive by Thursday. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.