Friday, 28 June 2019 - I'm not around that much

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning (yawn)

Lyrics: I'm not around that much
Running exhausted and lost

Ale: good result considering the slow start. Hope the leak is fixed.

LMH: I told myself exactly that. Just got a bit greedy as the last few runs were trending upwards :)

Hazel: no swim, the temperature dropped massively from 32 degrees at lunchtime to about 20 by the time I got home and the lake was soo choppy from the wind that I didn't fancy it. I'm a fair weather swimmer only.

What: Just some recovery miles today.
Why: I'm bushwhacked (love that word)
Last hard: grinding it out yesterday
Last rest: 25/5

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - The Sun Always Shines on TV - A-ha.

I get why you're disappointed Alehouse but your best age grading for two years is good going and you know there's more to come. Hope all your niggles are behaving this morning and that the leak is sorted, pre-race stress you could have done without.

I think we get thrown one of these character building runs every so often to stop us getting too cocky chicksta, hopefully you'll have another unexpectedly good one to enthuse you again soon.

We are forecast a high of 24C today but it's not going to warm up until lunchtime - feels like 9C at the minute! Now forecast a high of 31C tomorrow and it's going to be hot from the off which will be a shock to the system (though welcome) unfortunately it's still one nice day only. Was sort of planning a MLR this morning but with it being grey and chilly and my left knee being a little niggly that might not happen, I'll see how I feel after walking the birthday girl - Grace is 14 today.

What:            easy miles
    Why:             I feel worse if I don't
    Last hard:     waiting for the summer
    Last rest:      14/6

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Warm here already and another day of 25 degrees or so expected. 

What: easy run

Why: Legs this morning don't feel as if they have run hard but will be taking it easy in deference to them having raced! Lots of kneeling to do whilst re-fitting floor boards and drying things out underneath them. 

Hope Grace enjoys her birthday!

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Good racing Ale especially after the disruptive start, hope your leak is fixed too!
    Chick - what LmH said: take the good with the bad, as long as the trend is upward...

What - easy lunchtime miles
    Why -recovery 
    Last rest - last Monday
    last hard - yesterday, 2.5 mile mob match. Sluggish out the start, and a first mile all uphill, then it's along the top and a big downhill before a last small climb to the finish. Way off where I was last year (over 90s slower) which suggests quite a bit of work to do over the next two months. On the plus side, plenty of savoury snacks, beer and cake afterwards, so much in fact that I felt obliged to bring plenty home with me. 
    Currently have three tupperware boxes of mixed cake on the desks at work. It's going to be a fat morning.....
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Good race time Ale.  Nasty regarding the leaking. 

That is a decent temperature drop Chicksta.  Hope you enjoyed the recovery.

14 is a good age for a dog LMH.  Enjoy the heat even though it is only a couple of days and your knee is a niggly.

Enjoy the cake Dustin!  Seems the post race fare made up for your result then.

What: rest day today, still hot othwerwise I might have gone out for a cycle as cross training (maybe late in the evening)
    Why: freshen up the legs before Sunday's race and early telco would have meant an uncomfortably early run start
    Last rest: today

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    nice wava alehouse! I trying to get there.  What a pain about the leak
    Hazel what race are you doing? 
    chick dont blame you re the choppy lake!!  Enjoy your recovery miles
    dustin enjoy your easy lunch time (if you dont feed your belly too much this morning), last night sounds fun! 
    alehouse, great wava, I am trying to get near there! Enjoy the easy, pain about the leak!
    Happy Birthday to Grace! LMH have a nice easy run

what: run/commute to work this morning
    why: sick of idiots on the road so fancied a day off driving
    last hard: this am
    last rest: 31/12/16

so now my oh cannot do the family marathon so me and my mate Sacha are looking forward to getting 20 miles done between us before the family members arrive!
    Have a good weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: walking
    Why: keeping fit
    Last hard: losing our wheelie bin (the bin lorry seems to have eaten it!
    Lyrics: nope

Ale well done yesterday. I'm glad I can still provide support even from down here!
    Lmh hope you got grace a special meaty snack for her birthday.
    Chick glad you've got some respite from the temperature. I see parts of Europe are going to hit 45 today.
    Wabo what's happened to your oh?
    WP are you recovered now?
    Dustin good food saving
    Hazel lucky they changed the course.

Well I somehow forgot to post yesterday.  Did quite a bit of walking as walked a lunch then to station find trains cancelled so no book club for me.

Beer festival tonight (obviously with the designated driver ticket - though we walk there!).

Have a lovely day all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Emzap, he may have to work is all.  Hope not!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    nice one on all the walking emzap, that is the second bin I have heard of being nicked!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wabo I think it fell into the bin lorry. It disappeared as the lorry went down the road. Apparently it happens a lot!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Happy 14th, Grace :)
    LMH: Hope your run helped to settle the knee.

Nice fat morning, Dustin ;)  Lots of cake here too - end of the month so many interns going back to uni

Hazel: What's the forecast like for Sunday's race? I was contemplating entering a half but glad I didn't as the heat is making another appearance as of tomorrow and that particular race has an 11am start.

Wabo: what a shame your OH can't make it

Hope your wheelie bin returns, em

Surprisingly my legs woke up 5 miles into my run so I ended up doing 9 feeling really good. This running lark is so strange sometimes ...
  • I hope your OH doesn't have to work Wabo.

The run did seem to sort my knee chicksta - and Grace is being spoilt. Glad you feel better about your run today.

pain about the bin emzap - I hope the council will replace it FOC.

Enjoy the day off Hazel. Still nowhere near warm enough for me here - long sleeves required (though not whilst running) and the breeze is still quite chilly. I may well need a gilet for Grace's afternoon walk:-(

Enjoy the cake Dustin - almost enough to persuade me to join a club, apart from the fact that I wouldn't be able to eat most of it.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Middling slow run (13.3) followed by sea swim. Yoga later
    last longer run before St Magnus
    Cool with Haar this morning, sun eventually burnt though
    last hard: some runs seem harder than others
    last rest: maybe due a rest soon ( ? Tuesday)
    lyrics no

parkrun then helping friend move tomorrow
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

26 in these parts with a pleasant cooling breeze. 

What: Just over half an hour

Why: loosen legs; they didn't really feel as if they had run hard enough yesterday. 

OH: marathon at St. Magnus? And hopefully the Griffin this evening!

Thanks again for the support Emz! Sure it won't be the last time! Difficult evening for you at the beer festival!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Yep, our local marathon next Sunday.
    Enjoy the Griffin, AH
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    The Oak was good as well, OH! Enjoy parkrun tomorrow. Probably will run Fletcher Moss steadily.