Saturday 29th June 2019 - You've been on my mind

Morning.

Lyrics - You've been on my mind

Race well Hazel.

Hope you all enjoy the family marathon Wabo.

Anyone else racing this weekend?

A nice enough morning but nothing spectacular so far, it is due to get hot about midday and be a nice afternoon/evening and unpleasant night before cooling down again tomorrow morning. I'd like to make the most of the one day of summer but by the time I've done the shopping and walked Grace there won't be a lot of spare time for running before visiting MiL (it's her birthday today) and baking Mark's birthday cake (his birthday tomorrow). Ah well.

What:            easy miles
Why:             don't have the time or legs for much more
Last hard:     waiting for the summer
Last rest:      14/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Warm here already! Forecast to be over 30 this pm. No doubt that will be followed by thunderstorms. Hope it is not too hot for your "marathon", Wabo! Not a day for baking, LMH! Think Hazel's race is tomorrow.

What: gentle parkrun plus a few ks

Why: being kind to legs
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 1k warm up, 5k progressive parkrun, 1k warm down. pr was around 24:30.

Why: Saturday routine. Warm!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

20 degrees at 4.40 am air quality awful!

What 6 miles
    Why: because I could
    Last hard: Heat and humidity!!
    Lyrics nope

But after all that a good time for course even though it felt slow!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    morning all,

very warm here, hard parkrun... just 25 to go now for the big blue t-shirt... 21:52 / 475, in 41st.... but really died in the last mile.... Retired another pair of trainers as they have passed the 500m mark....

race well those that have events this weekend, my next race is not till Sunday 21st, back at where I did basic training in 1984.......

Take care

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well done parkrunners. I was marshalling today as it was too hot for my liking.

That's a lot of birthdays in your household, LMH. Shame you can't make the most of this summer's day. I'm sure MiL appreciates your help.

Impressive amount of parkruns, RFJ.

That's quite warm for 4am poppy.

Got my MP run out of the way before parkrun duties as today was just perfect. Tomorrow looks hot and windy even early doors. It meant getting up at 3:30 to fit it all in and my body is usually unable to do anything at pace so early but it went ok enough. My left hammy started to niggle about 5 miles into the tempo part which was annoying as my HR was pleasingly low. Got another 3 in before backing off and calling it a day at 8. Sensible head won. Grumpy hammy means I've been overdoing things, just as well I have a recovery week coming up :)

What: 18.5 with 8@MP
    Why: the road to Berlin
    Last hard: deciding to reduce the tempo miles
    Last rest: 25/5
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Exhausted, Foo Fighters

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Well done to the parkrunners Ale and RFJ.

Great long run Chicksta. You must be very motivated to get up that early!  Take care of that hammy.

Often similar temps here WP though a bit better today, well done for getting your run in in the heat and humidity.

Hope you did get in some you time and a nice few miles as well LMH.

What: Around 4.5 miles recovery with a few strides
    Why: deslug the legs for tomorrow
    Last hard: waking up after an over long siesta this afternoon
    Last rest: 28.06.

Lyrics no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: volunteering at parkrun then walked to a 1st birthday party and back after pottering a bit in the garden
    Why: it's a way to get in some exercise
    Last hard: this heat! 32°C and 29 weeks pregnant is not a good combination!
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh hope the baking goes ok. Bit warm for it!

Well done on the parkruns ale and rfj
    Chick have you found your favourite volunteer spot yet?

Ale, luckily beer isn't really my thing so the beer festival wasn't hard. If it were wine or gin it'd be a different story!

Have a lovely evening everyone and enjoy the sun while it lasts.
  • Fortunately my kitchen is the coolest room in the house so baking the chocolate fudge cake wasn't too much of a hardship though I'm not filling it until tomorrow as I think the buttercream will melt! I'm not complaining though. It was 1015hrs by the time I made it out for my run and Harry Boilers, a glorious, hot, still day - same conditions as Poppy I guess (though a tad warmer by then) but I love them. Had an enjoyable MLR and would have liked to make it up to a LSR but it was a long time since breakfast and i felt as though my shoulders were beginning to burn despite the sun cream (though don't see a lot of daylight) so I decided to be sensible. Over seven miles walked in total today too though poor Grace was suffering a bit in the afternoon heat so I didn't take her far.

Unfortunately I don't think you're going to have to put up with it for long emzap - we are forecast a hot night but it's going to be cool and breezy by tomorrow morning:-(

Hope conditions are good for your race tomorrow Hazel.

Well done for getting a tough run done chicksta.

Glad those who partook enjoyed the parkruns.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Electric storm on Scottish mainland killed our power for about 20 minutes.

parkrun (27m06) followed by helped friend move in ("man-with-a-van") followed by sea swim 

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Barbeque weather here: i.e. it is pouring one minute and hot the next! 29 degrees at present...but no electric storm! 

Good long runs those involved! Bit hot for that! Was 24 at the end of parkrun but that was also pretty well the end of the sunshine: largely overcast and very humid. 

Well done at parkrun EmzOHRFJ! Do you have plan for when, and where, number 500 will be, RFJ

Wonder how Wabo got on at her family marathon?
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Evening all!
    well done park runners!
    absolutely baking here all day!
    track session first thing (2x800,4x400,6x200)
    then timekeeping at junior event- it’s the annual match against our “twin town” (from Germany)

finished around 2pm, car said it was 35 (probably wasn’t) but it was stifling. Tried to do a bit of gardening but wilted. 
    Still muggy at 10:15pm - doors and windows all open....

long run early doors to tomorrow