Sunday 30th June 2019 - I got rules and I break 'em.

Morning.

Lyrics - I got rules and I break 'em.

I'm not surprised you found it a bit hot for gardening Dustin. Hope it's cooled down for your LSR.

Race well Hazel. Hope the changed course works for you.

It was hot here overnight but not enough to keep me awake - Grace needed to go out at 0200hrs though and I struggled to get back to sleep so tired this morning but it's a nicer morning than I was expecting from the forecast though only a high of 22C forecast and the wind has picked up. Mark's birthday today and waiting to find out his plans but I should have time for a run whilst he does whatever he wants, not sure if that will be a run or bike ride. Birthday tea at the MiL's later.

What:             easy miles
Why:              it keeps me hanging on
Last hard:      looking at the forecast for next week - a 'high' of 18C tomorrow:-(
Last rest:       14/6

Yesterday's lyrics - One and Only - Adele.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: various shopping on the way to lunch with friends
    Why: we need to meet half way so errand running is being done in on the way
    Last hard: it was hot yesterday though I actually survived it quite well
    Lyrics: nope

Enjoy the afternoon tea lmh. Hope they have lots of gluten free options for you.

Dustin bit hot for little ones to be racing! What is your twin town?

Hazel have a good race. Hope it's cooler for you. 

Have a lovely day all
  • We're aren't out for afternoon tea emzap - MiL is cooking a 'birthday tea' (dinner) for Mark. Cooler for walking today.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ohhhh lmh. I was imagining piles of sandwiches, cakes and scones (imagining = dreaming about!)
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Arrggh train badly delayed causing a bit of a flurry phoning around for alternative transport! Now found..

35 degrees max again today..  :/

Have a good Sunday all.

what: 12k hill race 
    why 6th in the series
    last hard: getting there
    last rest: 28.06

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

That must be national headline news, Hazel: "Train delayed in Switzerland!"
    Hope the rest of the day goes better and look forward to the report!

Happy birthday Mark!

What: long fitness suite/short run

Why: Sunday

Big cricket match to watch/listen to, Emz! Another couple of interesting games yesterday.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I wish emzap.

Not what you need Hazel - glad you managed to sort an alternative.

At least it looks as though the weather should be conducive for the cricket Alehouse - blowy here but dry and sunny.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ale you took the words out of my mouth re Swiss trains :joy:

Am seriously thinking of backing my other blood side in this cricket. England is really not going so well.  I have low expectations for today.
  • Shocked re Swiss train delay!

What : possibly nothing, possibly trying out a new ORC 10k to HM group at 6pm.
    Why: showing support/marathon in 7d
    Last hard: recatching friend in parkrun yesterday (caught in last lap and came in 4s ahead)
    Last rest?
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Good Luck Hazel today! with race and train's

What:7 miles
    Why: Taper
    Last hard; Heat and sleeping
    Lyrics nope

A good run this morning:-) but it is cooler 15 degrees that is more like it!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Not sure who started the rumour about Swiss trains being on time.. actually they are not that bad.  Generally they are very much on time when you are running late yourself.

Hope the birthday tea was (is?) nice LMH and you got in some nice easy miles.

Well done with coping with the heat emzap.

Hope the cricket is good Ale.

Nice of you to help out with the move yesterday OH. Well done for outparkrunning your friend.

15 degrees seems ideal WP.

Hill race went ok.  Arrived a bit late due to the transport issues but wasn't bothered by the lack of time for a warmup, more by the length of the ladies' loo queue.

Bit of chat with some other teammates and familiar faces then we were off at 10am.  Due to the heat, my only goal was to get round so I set off quite a bit slower than normal.  This race goes straight into a climb though neither that steep nor technically difficult.  The first 3 km were about settling in and generally dealing with the heat, I did consider stepping aside and DNFing a couple of times. 

Quick respite during the next km (slight incline to slight downhill) then into 3 km with around 300m of ascent, initially on a steep gravel road and the final bit on a flatter walking trail.  Actually felt better there: legs were fine.  Rather than carrying on up the hill we turned back down just after 7k on a loop to return to the start.  I was on the up bit when the first men came down - ridiculously fast!  I struggled on the down after about 2.5 k, my quads didn't hurt but I was losing control of them and staggering a bit, any flat or slightly up bits no power at all.  With about 500m to go I saw enemy number 1 ahead (ahemm rival lady in my age group) and decided that she wouldn't get over the line before me.  Took a hefty sprint finish to do it and I was nearly sick and crumpled a bit at the finish as a result. Recovered quite quickly though thanks to the guy on hosepipe duty.  Checked on my teammates finishing (all well), shower and a lengthy sit down in the shade for chat and rehydration.

5th F45 today 1:14:31 12k with 550m +/-. 
  • Sounds as though you gave it your all Hazel - when is the next one? Birthday tea will be in a couple of hours (I'm just indulging in some birthday cake to keep me going!).

Nice finishing OH.

Good to hear you're feeling better Poppy. Cooler than us today.

Hope the cricket has kept you entertained emzap.

I wasn't expecting great things of my run this morning pace wise but was still surprised that it took me five miles to get going - things improved after that though fortunately. Nice out but quite a strong wind.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Well done, Hazel 👏 love your sprint for the line. 36 degrees here and wouldn't have wanted to run in this... Train delay is also something you can do without on race day!

My legs are often like that, LMH which is why I hate 5 and 10ks. Hope the cake was nice.

Glad the heat has disappeared at the your end, poppy.

Did you try the new running group, OH?

I feel for you , em. A bump and heat don't go together well.

30 mile bike ride this morning. Bit if a shock to come across a cyclist who'd taken a fall. He wasn't moving when we approached and hubby and I feared the worst. I called the emergency services while hubby checked vital functions. Luckily that's when he regained consciousness. We talked to him for a while and he insisted he didn't need an ambulance. I was so shaken by this it took a good while to calm down. Phew. I often run where this happened and rarely carry my phone. Going to change that now. You never know when you may have to call for help.

Watched IM Frankfurt all afternoon. What an absolute heat fest. Gutted for the leading lady who collapsed 1k before the finish and had to be taken off the course. I didn't watch it, it was just too heartbreaking 😱
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Well done Hazel, sounds like a good run. 
    Re trains, Every time I've been to Switzerland they have always been on time...
    LmH - Happy Birthday to Mark and enjoy the tea
    Emz - kids are 10-15 but athletics is a summer sport right? Twin town is Eurskirchen, SW of Cologne. 
    I won't tempt fate about cricket with 15 overs to go, but....

What - 12 easy trail miles
    Why - ticking over
    last rest - 2 weeks
    last hard - Thursday
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Well done Hazel

Had all my MRI scans today (yes on a Sunday) so hopefully might get some results soon ref legs....

So to celebrate went for longest run since last year... 8.51m :-) with no real issues....

Take care
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Phew, I can keep my allegiance!

Well done hazel :)

Dustin, never say things like that. England cricket are notorious for messing it up when it's going well!

Rfj that sounds positive. At least you're hopefully nearer to answers.

Have a lovely evening all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Very stressful at times, Emz! Durham on Wednesday could be worse!

Great finish Hazel! Wouldn't fancy racing over about 28 degrees. 

Just read about the ironman finish, Chick. Says it was 42 on the finish line! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Group was too fast for me but 7.2 miles logged.