Tuesday 2nd July Long ago, High on a mountain in Mexico

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
Morning!

Lyrics: Long ago,
High on a mountain in Mexico

What: short run, long stretch

Why: Tuesday/work

Sounds fun, Wabo!

Did anyone catch yesterday's cricket and Mathews' match-winning delivery? 
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Nowhere Fast by Bryan Adams.

You look as though you've lost weight OH. I love the difference in dress - I'd be the one in the jacket of course  :)

Good to hear that you had a nice weekend Wabo. Hope your legs recover quickly. I need to get my foam roller out too.

Work for me today too Alehouse but just a couple of hours this afternoon.

It's a nicer morning here but my legs are heavy and I'm tired so I won't be making the most of it. I'm hoping that an easy day today will mean that I'm in better shape for a longer run tomorrow.

What:           easy miles
    Why:            all I feel up to
    Last hard:    dragging myself out of bed this morning
    Last rest:     14/6

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Good morning

What: a morning in hospital. 
    Why: diabetes tests
    Last hard: I'm currently in it. Am 9 hours into a 12 hour fast and I then get another blood test, a sugary drink, 2 more hours of not being allowed to eat, followed by another blood test. For someone who wakes up in the night hungry, I'm struggling a lot this morning (plus needles!)
    Lyrics: yes

Wabo sounds fun! Glad you all enjoyed it and hope your legs feel better today.
    Lmh well done on being sensible.
    Ale I didn't see it, sofa shopping got in the way!

Have decided that it's not good for my mental well-being not running, so I'm going to get a maternity swimming costume and see if swimming helps. I'm not a great swimming fan, but I need to do something or I'm going to go mad.

Have a great day all
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Wabo great family race :)
    OH Nice photo's

Em: Good Luck today with test's and swimming I hope it
    help's with mental well being.

What: Unsure
    Why: Went back to bed and feel sick
    Last hard: This morning
    Lyrics: Oh yes

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Is the testing routine or do they think you have a problem emzap? I hope that the morning passes quickly and uneventfully. Would more walking help? Swimming just doesn't do it for me, mostly because of being indoors I think.

Sorry to hear you're feeling unwell again Poppy.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all, 
    Ohh Emz, sounds like a painful day: 9 hours without cake, that's just not right...
    Wabo - sounds like a really fun day!
    All set to be another warm day here, clear blue skies first thing!
    What -club night, hill reps
    Why - scheduled pain session
    last rest - 15 days
    last hard - will be today
    lyric - oh yes
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Seems I should have sent off a few more packages of heat yesterday to OH and Ale.  No more on offer for now hopefully as the heatwave finally broke yesterday evening after 8 days in a row of 30- 35 degrees.

Nice pic again yesterday OH and well done on getting the DIY done. 

Well done to family Wabo on the marathon!

No cricket here Ale. 

Sounds like a tough day emzap.  Hope the tests provide good results.

Hope you feel better soon WP.

Long run tomorrow will give you something to look forward to LMH?

What: Hmm.  Legs still very trashed - didn't get out yesterday - as I was about to a monster thunderstorm moved in.  Will try a cycle and recovery shuffle later but certainly no group run this evening (hilly route and the thought of the downs makes me wince.
    Why: need to get out and enjoy the cooler weather
    Last rest: yesterday
    Last hard: getting the quads to work at all

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh family history of diabetes and bring half Indian apparently puts me at high risk (though no indicators so far). Interestingly, my cousin with the same criteria was not considered high risk at another NHS trust...

I've been walking a lot but with 13 extra kg that's not so easy, so although swimming isn't my preferred sport, I'm hoping it'll help. Just need to get a new costume as of course my old one will not fit over the bump!

Glad you finally have some better weather hazel, sensible not to run hilly today if legs are still sore.
  • I hope you manage to ease your legs Hazel, don't blame you for avoiding this evening's hilly run. If the weather is at least as good as forecast tomorrow I shall look forward to my long run, I need the good weather as I have a feeling I may be out some time............

Who will pay for what does vary a lot according which area you are in emzap. When do you get the results? Is it the extra weight generally or where you are carrying it that's making the walking difficult?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    lyrics, yes in fact!
    emzap, hope your day is easing up now! Poor you
    hazel hope the legs forgive you soon
    dustin enjoy your club night
    Poppy, oh no, sorry you are feeling unwell
    LMH hope the was was ok, heavy legs not nice!
    alehouse happy stretching and short running 

Yes legs do feel lots better today!
    What: only 2 miles but felt ok
    why: time
    last hard: today
    last rest31/12/16

Off to cleos ballet show later hence the short run earlier
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Well done on the family marathon, wabo. And enjoy the ballet :)

Hope you have a lovely long run tomorrow, LMH.

Hazel: Glad your heatwave has now broken too. It makes such a difference when the temps are back to normal. Don't blame you for not wanting to go out on a hilly run today …

em: Oh, that sounds tough.

Ale: was the cricket good then? Sorry, I know sweet FA about it …

What: 10 miles with strides and S&C at the gym afterwards
    Why: no pain, no gain
    Last hard: my foam roaller yesterday, but it did wonders and today's run was niggle-free
    Last rest: 25/5
    Lyrics: yes

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon.

Survived! Bought a maternity swimming costume whilst in my 2 hour wait between blood tests so once that comes I'll give swimming a go.

Finally got to eat at 12. Got home and passed out for 3 hours. Feeling groggy but a bit more human.

The nurse did ask why I was there as"clearly my BMI wasn't an issue" so that made me feel better (I'm not dealing well with my extra weight!).  

Lmh I think it's a combination for the walking. It's all on my front so my back starts to hurt and my legs find it tough to carry the weight.  Saying that, I think I walked about 10 km yesterday...

Yoga this evening. 

Chick your cricket comment made me laugh. My German friends thought cricket was where you hit balls through hoops whilst on horseback so I'm not so surprised!

Dustin, I had 2 chocolate muffins since I was released :)
  • Pleased to hear that you survived emzap  :) I was wondering if one of those maternity support bands might help with the walking?

chicksta - I know as much as you about cricket. Glad your niggles are better.

I have been at them with the foam roller Wabo so hoping they feel better tomorrow. Another ballet show? Enjoy being a proud Gran.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    emzap said:
    Afternoon.

Chick your cricket comment made me laugh. My German friends thought cricket was where you hit balls through hoops whilst on horseback so I'm not so surprised!

Surely that's called polo :D

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry, can't seem to type outside the quote box :(
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick, that's Polo crossed with croquet!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I know, I was kidding, hence the smiley  ;)