P&D Autumn Marathon 2019

Comments

• JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Congratulations on toughing that out NE. Knowing those climbs & descents well (as I do) I'm not surprised the legs are in bits now.
    Best of luck Sunday TR not that you need it you've really stepped up a gear since Brighton, keep it up & I'm predicting a good 5 or 6 minutes quicker than Yeovil at Abo if conditions are good.
    Good to hear you're still taking it steady JB ;) ,  even better to hear of KL's progress - she's flying!
    Double day for me with 7.5M along the canal warm in the sun but less humid & a stiff breeze kept HR back below 1200 BpM for 8:17 pace then a hilly 10K round the forest tracks n trails with the some guys from the club. All of us taking it very steady with Cotswold Way Relay looming this Saturday. I'm on Leg 7 which kicks off at 1pm - gonna be sweaty :sweat_smile:

• AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    Wow been a busy few days on the thread!
    Chicksta: great to see you back and doing some great mileage there in the heat. Hope it doesn't get too warm this week.
    Macca: glad you had the knee looked at and it hasn't totally stopped you from running. Fingers crossed it heals quick with these big races coming up
    Joe: well done getting back into those hard track sessions. They're mentally tough to do I find. Well done to Katie as well on her 800s!
    NE: that's some serious climbing over 50 miles so well done for getting to the end of it!
    Spoons: I read that look fast comment as well and thought...surely not...!
    Steve: thats some speedy LT miles there. Coming along nicely!
    SQ: good luck for the 10km on Monday
    Jools: good luck with the Cotswold Way this weekend - enjoy the heat!
    I've gotten a few shorts runs in this week which felt good. Off to Portland this afternoon so planning lots of cliff and hill running over the weekend. A short run tonight and then 2 longer ones with plenty of elevation Sat/Sun mornings. Weather looks great and there's always a nice breeze of the island to make it feel a little cooler than it is.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Have fun at the relay, Jools. Is the profile your relay stage or yesterday's trail 10k measuring long?

AWC: good return to running. Have a nice weekend in Portland.

A few easy miles this morning - legs felt a lot better than I thought they would. 18 with 10@MP coming up this weekend :o
  • MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.
    ill also be at Lordshill as I need my 7th race in the league to score in the rankings. Have only been ticking over for a few days and for July and August will take a break from structured training and racing and just do what I feel like without any pressure or target. I have a 5k, 10 mile, half and Marathon PB already this year so I don’t want to get too greedy and break.

Still can’t believe how well my first 100miler went and think it will be incredibly hard to beat so haven’t planned another in. If I did it would be the end of next year or 2021.
  • JooliganJooligan ✭✭✭
    It's the relay stage Chicksta - shortest one but packs in just shy of 300m of ascent/descent. Good luck with the MP LR - sounds tougher than my race though at least you get to go out earlier.
    5M along the canal at lunch was sweltering so not looking forward to running half as far again same time tomorrow especially with those 2 big climbs!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Jools- can i have that in writing, that'd be very pleasing. Hope the relay goes well, keep hydrated.

AWC - enjoy the weekend.

Chick - hope the mp run goes well.

Millsy - hope you smash it sunday. Unfortunately im out now.

5m easy with an eye on sundays 10k, but came back to a message asking for my youngest to play a 50 over game vs Sussex on Sunday, and the family logistics wont cope with us both in action. I had my big day 3 weeks ago, so he takes priority. I'll be out for a long run tomorrow now rather than 4m easy.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    TR: Nice to give your youngest priority. Hope you'll find another 10k in the near future.

Sounds quite brutal, Jools although 300m is possibly nothing for you fell running types ;)

A break will do you good, Millsy. You've had an incredible year so far.

Got my MP run out of the way before parkrun duties as today was just perfect. Tomorrow looks hot and windy even early doors. It meant getting up at 3:30 to fit it all in and my body is usually unable to do anything at pace so early but it went ok enough. My left hammy started to niggle about 5 miles into the tempo part which was annoying as my HR was pleasingly low. Got to 8 before backing off and calling it a day. Sensible head won. Grumpy hammy means I've been overdoing things, just as well I have a recovery week coming up :)

So, 18.5 in total. MP came out as 7:38 with an average HR of 147. HR should have been 150 but I couldn't quite hit that. Mileage is catching up. A little over 72 miles in 6 days 😲

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Blimey chick that was an early start, well done for that and getting the run done. A recovery week sounds welcome.

20m for me today, running in the heat was a bit of a shock, last few miles were tough.
  • SorequadsSorequads ✭✭✭

So spoons, have you bought the Next% yet? Excellent long run from you at the weekend.

When do you leave for Roth, Joe? Pleased to see Katie progressing. Are you running Frankfurt too?

You’re certainly not too slow for any kind of trainers, chicksta – give yourself some credit! Enjoyed the ‘inner Homer’ comment – I often think this of myself, but I’m sure that the exploits of anyone on this thread wouldn’t qualify for it in most people’s eyes. Well done on the MP/LR effort. I need to get round to some of that. And that probably qualifies as earliest training run on the thread ever!

CWR must have been an absolute sweatfest, Jools. How did you get on?

Your Portland running looks great, AWC.

Well done, TR. Got to think about priorities, especially when it’s not an A race.

Given I only did 5 & 3 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday, it was a punchy Monday to Friday that resulted in an 85M week, including Friday’s mini-session of 12 x 1 min fast, 1 min slow on grass. 354M for the month is a record as well – not quite sure where that came from. Obviously, Saturday was ridiculously hot – anyone racing must have found it very tough. For the first time ever, I went for a run without even taking a vest with me – full topless running wanker territory.

Standard 2M shakeout this morning, in advance of tonight’s Frampton-upon-Severn 10K.

• hamo44gfchamo44gfc ✭✭✭
    Steve...nice LT run.

Joe...they are some good track reps, very impressive running from Katie too.

Chicksta...well toughed out, that type of run having to show determination will pay back ten fold. Very impressive commitment with such an early start as well, that was good use of the sensible head, still a cracking MP run all the same, in the midst of a big week mileage wise.

Jools...that elevation graph certainly looks interesting, hope it went well for you.

AWC...hope you enjoyed Portland, certainly looks lovely on Strava.

Millsy...sensible not wanting to be greedy.

TR...shame, but you are right, Youngest definitely takes priority. Nice LR in the heat.

SQ...that is a massive month, fair play to you. Nice session on Friday. Good luck for tonight.

I started to feel a bit ill on Thursday in work, and by Thursday evening and right through Friday i couldn't keep anything down, not even water - My middle child was sick at the start of the week, so no prizes on guessing where i got it from, the joys of having kids in Primary school  :L Felt a bit better on Saturday morning, so thought a banana and a bottle of water threw into me would see me through 11miles with uphill strides, shockingly enough, it was an awful run where i felt progressively worse throughout it, not my brightest idea, but still lesson learnt. I was feeling OK through the rest of Saturday, so decided to give Sundays progressive 17 mile LR with the last 2 miles at LT pace a go. Surprisingly pleased with how it came out, miles 1 - 15 where progressed 10 secs every 3 mile, from 7.20 to 6.40 m/m and the last 2 came out at 5.43, and 5.42. Tough enough going but felt OK throughout it. 6 mile recovery in the p**sing rain this morning (it is July isn't it? :D ) and i'm beginning to feel back to normal.

I haven't rain a full week as per the plan so far since i started it at the start of June with one thing and another, so really going to have start knuckling down and getting to work, as its starting to run away with me, and its only a 12 week plan.
  • SorequadsSorequads ✭✭✭
    Blimey, Hamo, not a bad progression run off that illness
  • MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    A busy , yet hot, weekend for everyone,

Hammo, hope you start to feel better and get into the plan soon.
    SQ, that’s an impressive monthly mileage. Good luck in the 10k.
    Chicksta, very solid MP run. They are always a good confidence booster.
    AWC, the Portland run looked good on Strava, hope the legs are getting back to normal.
    TR, a shame you couldn’t do Lordshill but you didn’t miss much. Even though the sky was overcast it was still very humid which made it a tough run. I hung on to finish in 38:07 which, considering the state of my legs, was a real achievement. The last 2 miles felt awful. Just awaiting final league results to see if I’ve snuck into the top 30 overall.

Looking at my stats I've done 1314 miles for the year and achieved all of the times / performances that I was after so time to dial back for 8 weeks to give the niggles a chance to sort themselves out. Will still do the odd parkrun or speed session but think I’ll do a lot of the aerobic stuff on the bike to take the weight off the knees and hips. Haven’t got any A races left for 2019 so want to get myself in good shape for next years Comrades attempt.
  • Nice reps Joe, and superb work from Katie. All the best for Roth.

Chicksta - First you’re not slow! Second, I believe I read somewhere that a study found the VFs yield bigger improvements for regular runners than elites. I think most of my shoes are 10mm drop. The Next% are 8mm apparently. Hope the hamstring is ok.

Your Portland runs have looked amazing AWC.

Sensible Millsy, congrats on a great six months! Nice 10K too.

Well done toughing out the heat TR.

Yes I couldn’t resist SQ, especially as I had a Nike voucher to use. They arrived on Saturday, they’re a touch lighter than the 4%s, slightly chunkier sole, and much more rubber on the bottom which is good as I always felt traction let them down. The upper is paper-thin, sort of plasticy and not like anything I’ve ever seen before. Hopefully it’s durable. Superb week and month from you. Good luck for tonight.

Impressive run given the illness Hamo, just be careful you don’t overdo it! Even if you’ve not been following the plan to the letter, you’ve still been putting in some decent training so I wouldn’t worry too much.

Friday’s medium-long went well, 6:52/mi average despite it being a bit breezier than last week. The afternoon recovery was a slog in the heat though. Got out early for my 10 miler on Saturday, like last week the legs felt heavy when I woke up, but once I got running they zipped along for 7:16/mi average.

Another early start yesterday, and I decided to head out along the canals for a change (copying SQ’s exploits earlier in the week). A really peaceful and lovely way to spend the morning. I was pleased with the first half out along the river and across the Droitwich canal to Droitwich Spa, where I averaged 6:54/mi. The second half was a little slower, despite being theoretically faster and net downhill. The wind had picked up which didn’t help, but still 7:02/mi for that section, for an average of 6:58/mi, which overall I was happy with.

It certainly went a lot better than last time I attempted that route, when I had to abort early and call for a lift home due to plantar fasciitis - the start of my month long lay off! 103 miles for the week, really pleased with how the legs are feeling - tired but performing well and no niggles. I definitely feel stronger and less fragile than I have for a while, no doubt all the S&C paying off. Fingers crossed I stay that way.

• 1SteveMac1SteveMac ✭✭✭
    Millsy - You have had a stellar year so far, sot he rest will do you good!
    Chicksta - Nice MP and sensible to ease off. Super mileage! That was a really early start too!!
    SQ - Wow....monster month for you!!
    Hamo - Brilliant progession run!
    TR - Nice 20!
    16 miles with last 2 at LT pace on Saturday (6:25/6:20), was out just before 7am, but was very warm for all of it. Struggled on the LT pace, but got it done!! Sunday was a 3 mile recovery and then 90 mins on the bike.
  • AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Steve: another good LT session there. You seem to be racking them up consistently now which bodes really well.
    Spoons: glad the S&C is paying off. I'm a big believer in the power of it to help and prevent injury. That's a great mileage week and good that you are feeling so good about it.
    Millsy: what a great year you've had and we're only half way through. Must be nice to have a clear couple of months now with no pressure of training/racing. Enjoy the break! Comrades is definitely an amazing race to target.
    Hamo: as others have said - superb progression run, especially when you are under the weather.
    SQ: good luck tonight. Great month of training as well in what is really the off season now I guess for you
    TR: 20 miler in that heat is a shock!
    Chick: well done on doing an MP run at that time
    I was on Portland for the weekend so took the opportunity to get some proper hill running in with a 7mi/18mi/11mi set of runs with c3,500 of elevation gain. So a great workout and my legs are feeling really well recovered now.
    Ready for a few weeks of proper long hilly training again now. Knee feels 100% which is also reassuring.
  • Early start and big mileage Chick - great stuff. Not hiting HR just suggests tired legs, will be much easier when fresh!

SQ - flying out Thursday morning, early doors. Yes in for Frankfurt, might not 'race' it though. Good luck tonight!

Hamo - incredible run, especially considering the illness. Blimey.

Great to hear things are going well Spoons. I need to do much more S&C. Also great running from Steve and AWC.

Into race week, and a complete day off today. Flying out to Munich early Thursday morning, confidence is at an all-time low, but I'm determined to enjoy the experience regardless.

How good was the weather this weekend? Enjoyable parkrun with my Mum on Saturday, before a local 10km trail race on Sunday. One of my best mates was the race director so a few of us had signed up to offer our 'support'.

I planned to run at a decent tempo pace. The route was mainly off-road, but bone dry. Ran pretty hard (between HM and 10km HR), but didn't feel a million dollars. Went through 9km in exactly 36 minutes, kicked on to make sure I came in just under 40 and 7th position. Turned out the route was around 10.2km, but times didn't really matter anyway. Fun day out. 
  • AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    Joe: that's come around quick. Must be nice in a way not to be aiming for a PB or anything like that. You can enjoy the experience without the pressure. Although I guess its never going to be easy to enjoy an IM!
    6 miles at lunchtime today and the quads didn't feel too bad.
    Off for a Feldenkrais session tonight (2 of 3 I've booked). Read about it in Finn's recent Rise of the Ultrarunners book. First session was really good and already feeling the benefit of it.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    SQ - hope the 10k has gone well.

Hamo - good you are on the mend again.

Millsy - i bet 10k was a shock after yr recent exploits.

Spoons - you are improving week on week, hope you get to run well in the autumn.

AWC - 3 decent runs there.

Joe - hope you enjoy Sunday, should be an excellent experience esp if you are a bit away from the red line and di csn enjoy it more.

I didnt get out til after 9 on saturdsy, so finished in the heat of the day, hadnt realised how warm it had got until i went back out later, so i had a rare rest day yday rather than a short run before cricket. I was a bit hot and toasted for a while saturday. Back to it today with mlr monday and 14m,  legs moaned after having had a rest day.
  • SorequadsSorequads ✭✭✭
    AWC - you're going to have to elaborate. What on earth is that?

Nice MLR to start the week, TR

Good for you, Millsy. You've certainly had a stellar year thus far. No doubt it will help in the long term.

Oo - the Next% sound like a dream, spoons. Look forward to you unleashing them in a race soon. Very impressive long run at the end of a big, big week. Amazed at that pace, especially including the early fields. I am toying with doing the same route tomorrow. 

Very impressive finish to a long run, Steve

Well done for supporting your mate's race, Joe. You don't want to 'go the well' a week before an IM, so sounds good. 

Frampton 10k for me last night. A beautiful location with the start and finish on an enormous village green. It is a pretty flat route, with one small hill before half way. It was about 20C with a bit of wind, but a hell of a lot cooler than the races last Saturday. The first mile came in at 5:39, but it was tough going. I was coughing an awful lot, and felt like I was trying to clear something in my chest. I hadn't noticed this when running easy, but the greater effort seemed to make a difference. Managed to run with a few, before being gapped later on. Through half way in 18:20, so it bode well for a reasonable time, although, as expected, a good chunk off a PB. Disappointingly, I couldn't manage to hold off a local rival/friend in the closing metres - he finished very strongly. Score on the door was 37:04, 17th place in a good field, and a free bottle of cider. 45s better than last year, so can't complain, although I did feel a bit flat about the result. Straight into an enjoyable 2M natter/cool down/cheer on other club athletes on the course. 

7M recovery this morning 3 minutes a mile slower than last night. Perfect running weather. 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    SQ - nice one, no doubt these races will be giving you a training boost, free cider is nice.

10 inc 6 ~mp which was a heavy legged affair after last nights 14, but its all banked now, so happy days.
  • Great pace on those final miles Steve. It’s always hard winding it up at the end of a run like that. 

Glad the knee is ok AWC. 

I won’t be breaking them out for a little while probably SQ. For now they will stay on their velvet cushion while I stare lovingly at them :D The river paths are in great condition at the moment, however the bit by the weir at Grimley is technically closed. However no one was around so I just hopped the fence. It also looks like they’ve started work to lay a proper path along that first bit of the canal that’s always muddy. 

Well done on the 10K. Is the cough ok now? Good time in the circumstances. 

Busy few days TR, nice work. 

Perfect conditions this morning along the canal. Another bevy (apparently that’s the collective noun for swans!) of cygnets have hatched. Very cute, although one of the parents was a little wary of my interest!

• AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    SQ: if you read The Rise of the Ultrarunners you'll find out ;)
    Feldenkrais is about allowing our bodies to move more freely in the way they are designed to. The instructor manipulates your body - arms, legs, head etc into different positions. Very gentle movements to make you aware of how your body moves. It gives you a better awareness of how your body operates.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Mega miles, SQ. Very impressive monthly total. Not quite surprised the 10k wasn't as zippy as you'd hoped after such a massive volume. And the cough will have thrown an additional spanner in the works. Still, a superb time if you ask me :)

Hamo: That was a quick recovery from illness. Crikey. What an epic long run. You must be chuffed.

Millsy: Excited you're doing Comrades next year. It's on my bucket list but I need to get some ultras under my belt first, starting with Comrade's smaller brother Two Oceans.

Spoons: Fantastic weekly mileage. Glad the legs are still feeling fine. S&C is our saviour. Bevy - learned a new word then. I always thought a bunch of birds was a flock. Any race planned to break the magic shoes in?

AWC: Portland running sounds lovely. I've heard about Feldenkrais but never tried it.

Fun weekend, Joe. I so hope Roth is not going to end up like Frankfurt IM with 37 degrees. I was glued to the telly all day Sunday but couldn't watch as the leading woman collapsed less than a k from the finish. Gutted for her, especially as she had another meltdown not too long ago in Cairns.

Steve: LT pace at the end of a 16 miler is hardcore. Which plan are you doing?

TR: Nice one banging out an MP run on super tired legs. Not sure I would cope.

Sluggish 7 mile recovery run yesterday and 10 with strides today followed by S&C at the gym. I did lots of weighted squats. Bet my legs will be super sore for tomorrow's MLR.

• That Feldenkrais sounds good AWC, interested to see how you get on.

Flock is the normal word for birds chicksta, but English has lots of weird specific ones like a murder of crows, parliament of owls, and a drunkenship of cobblers. Weird I know. Will probably wear the Next%s at my next half in August, will see what the weather is like.

Another change-of-pace tempo session this morning, with an extra rep, so 4 mins hard, 4 mins steady, then 6 x (2 mins hard, 4 mins steady). I averaged 5:59 for the hard bits, 6:25 for the "steady" bits, so an improvement on last week, and with more work. It's also a touch faster than the same session which I did just before my 10K PB (nearly 2 years ago now!)

Overall 7 miles at 6:18/mi average. I'm aware that's only my goal MP, but looking back at this stage before Manchester I did a LT session which was 8 miles, but with 10 minutes of recovery mixed in, averaging 6:15/mi. I also had fewer miles in the legs for that one. So overall I'm happy with where I am, and definitely pleased with how much I've improved over the last few weeks. 
  • AWCAWC ✭✭✭
    Spoons: big improvement over a short period of time. I was wondering what CoP on Strava meant, but now I know!
    Chicksta: sounds like a god gym session. Weighted squats are a great exercise
    9 mile commute into work in glorious sunshine this morning.
    Legs are definitely feeling well recovered from the 100 now and I feel confident pushing the intensity and pace once again which feels good.
  • 1SteveMac1SteveMac ✭✭✭
    Spoons - Great session and good improvement, nice to see it coming together for you.
    Chicksta - Following the P&L HM plan.
    SQ - Nice 10k, good improvement over last year. Hope the cough clears up soon.
    AWC - Good to hear the recover is complete!
    TR - Nice MP session.
    10 miler this morning, easy pace and nice temps, meant I could have gone further, but I don't think work would have liked that!!
  • SorequadsSorequads ✭✭✭
    Good collective noun knowledge spoons. I do enjoy a murder of crows and a parliament of owls. The cough is definitely still there unfortunately, although nowhere near as noticeable when I am running significantly slower than 10k pace. Outstanding change of pace session. I'm definitely going to have a go at one in previous weeks. Your confidence is rightly building. 

Cheers for the link, AWC. I ahve really enjoyed Adharanand Finn's previous books. 

Well done on the squats, chicksta. Every day is leg day!

Surely work wouldn't mind, Steve, with your early start! Sounds a nice run.

A staff party tonight meant running in to work suited nicely. Unfortunately, there was a (weak) headwind the whole way. Nonetheless pleased to average quicker than a couple of weeks ago, with the 20.4M coming out at 7:25 pace - for a distinctly easy effort. Given the lingering cough, and Monday's race, I wasn't keen for a harder effort. 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Insane expressions, spoons :D  I'm not a native speaker so those are indeed completely alien to my vocabulary. Cracking progress being made. 

Glad the legs are back to normal, AWC.  

Steve: I'd completely forgotten those runs with LT at the end. I did those for my April half on P&L. Must be getting old ;) Sooo nice to have normal temps back.

Glad this week is a recovery week with no sessions and fewer miles. Managed a little over 13 on a cold and breezy morning. So glad this stupid heat is gone. Legs were quite heavy from weighted squats yesterday and the run felt sluggish although my pace/HR ratio was actually not that bad (8:35 for 125).

• HA77HA77 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Not posted in a bit. Ticking along, around 50mpw last couple of weeks, but not feeling particularly great and motivation is low. Both achilles and left peroneals are grumbly. Doesn't stop me running and doesn't feel like it slows me down at all. Not sure if I should just take a bit of time off and see if they settle.

Joe - Good luck for the weekend. Hopefully you'll have a good one, and will enjoy it with the pressure off to a certain extent. Tyres looking ok?

Spoon - Running very well at the moment, building nicely. Particularly noticing the pace in you LRs and MLRs dropping.

SQ - Nice LR and good training in general. I like your approach at the mo. Freestyling and racing regularly.

AWC - I used to work with someone who was a Feldenkrais practitioner but never really learned anything about it myself. Sounds good. Glad you're over the 100. What's next?

Good training too from Steve, chick, TR and hamo - smashing out the big weeks. Sorry if I missed anyone else.

Tried a tempo/hills sandwich this morning. Only had time for 1.5 miles, 9x hills, 1.5 miles but felt ok. Really want to be doing more tempo in there but it's a start.

Just entered Kenilworth half and Chester marathon this morning so no getting out of it now. Need to knuckle down.

England vs Australia in the cricket world cup final looking more likely this morning. Time to get the sandpaper out.
  • hamo44gfchamo44gfc ✭✭✭
    Millsy...has to feel class to look back over your year so far, and know that you've smashed every goal.

Spoons...Nice running over the weekend, you are certainly motoring well at the minute. A couple of big mileage weeks too, so nice to see you are still feeling strong/fit. Class change of pace tempo, you really are flying lately. Ha to be nice to look back and see the progress you're making, from even before you where injured?

Steve...well done on the LT long run, it's hard to wind it up for those last two miles, but good pace, and well done toughing it out. Nice 10miler this morning too, shame about work getting in the way though.  :D

AWC...that is some amount of elevation over 3 runs. That Feldenkrais is new one me, but certainly sounds interesting. Glad to see that you are feeling tip top again.

Joe...Nice 10k to support your mate. All the very best for Roth.

TR...very good LR, and even better MP'd run.

SQ...you shouldn't feel flat about that 10k at all, that is a very quick time, well done. Hope the cough clears up soon. Another excellent Long run on a Wednesday morning too, fair play to ya.

Chicksta...you are certainly building well at the minute. Nice 13 miler this morning.

HA77...good to see you are still ticking along, hope the niggles clear up soon.

10 miler for me yesterday morning was nice if uneventful. This morning i revisited the 12 mile with 22 and 18 mins at LT pace with a 4 min jog recovery, that i binned off last week. Happy with how it came out, even if it was as hard work as i had expected. I averaged 5.36 m/ms for the 22 min LT block, and 5.41 for the 18 min block, with an overall average pace across the 12 miles coming in at 6.17m/m, so can't complain at all. 5 Mile recovery planned for this afternoon, so hoping this lovely sunshine we are getting stays for the rest of the day.  B)