Today's lyrics: I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink

When is your first race, poppy? Hope you feel better 🤞

What: MLR
Why: plan
Last hard: Sleeping :(
Last rest: 25/5

Comments

• Morning.

That's a long time without a rest day chicksta - no wonder you're feeling tired never mind the difficulty sleeping. Hope you've had a good run.

It is a lovely morning here, no excuses not to do my LSR though I'm strangely apprehensive, over three weeks since Yeovil and the furthest I've run is 18 miles. I aim to take it easy and just get the miles in, if it's slow, it's slow.

What:            LSR
    Why:             it's time
    Last hard:     getting going again after Yeovil
    Last rest:      14/6

Lyrics - familiar but I can't name that tune.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no. And had my best night's sleep for ages last night. Must have needed it.

Hope you get your MLR and LSRs in Chick/LMH!

Trust all is well today, Emz, after yesterday's ordeals!

What: at least 45 mins

Why: trying for a slightly bigger week kilometrage-wise!

Yesterday's lyrics were Angelo, Brotherhood of Man (Angelo Mathews of Sri Lanka hadn't bowled for nearly two years; on Monday he came on to bowl and took a wicket with his first ball, changing the game v West Indies). 

There will be some cricket watching and listening today as well!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning!

+ 1 to no idea about cricket.

Have a good long run LMH.

Hope you get in some decent sleep soon Chicksta. 

Hope the ballet show went well for Cleo Wabo.

Glad you got through yesterday ok emzap.  When are you going to give the swimming a go?

Hope you survived the club session Dustin.

What: some slow flat miles later (depending on what the legs will allow), probably a cycle warm up / cooldown on top
    Why: legs still painful but improving
    Last hard: "running" down any sort of hill on yesterday's 4 mile recovery - gave up and walked - flat and slight up were ok
    Last rest: 01.07.

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LmH - I would say that 18 within 3 weeks of a marathon was still a reasonable distance! Hope it goes well today.
    Chick - hope the tiredness doesn't affect the mlr.
    Wabo -was the ballet good?
    Emz - good work with the muffins!
    Ale - should be a good game today

What - easy miles at lunchtime, coaching village group tonight
    Why - legs jaded / schedule
    last rest - 16 days
    last hard - yesterday. Warm, muggy night, but it wasn't hills (misread schedule). 5 minutes at 5k pace, 5x1 min hard, 5 minutes at 5k pace, 5x1 min hard, 5 minutes at 5k pace. Pretty consistent and legs needed a good beasting.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

Chick: Sunday!
    I hope you start to sleep better and have a rest day soon!

What: 4 miles
    Why: I had to push myself out of the door which is not the norm.
    Last hard Yesterday and today
    Lyrics:Nope
    Last rest 2/7

Still queasy but slept lots yesterday so must be doing me some good;-) after half way legs stopped sulking so a good run.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Glad you're out on the roads again, Poppy.

Dustin: errm surely 5mins @ 5k pace is already hard? That's one hell of a session. Ouch.

Hope leg normality is restored soon, Hazel.

Enjoy the higher mileage week, ale and the cricket.

Hope you had a good LSR, LMH.

Regarding my last rest day: I have at least one non-running day per week, so 25/5 may be a bit misleading :)
    I just happen to fill my non-running days with cross-training, i. e. cycling, walking, gym stuff or yoga as not doing anything puts me in a bad mood.

Glad this week is a recovery week with no sessions and fewer miles. Managed a little over 13 on a cold and breezy morning. So glad this stupid heat is gone. Legs were quite heavy from weighted squats yesterday and the run felt sluggish although my pace/HR ratio was actually not that bad (8:35 for 125).
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lyrics opposite for me (though don't know what they're from).  After sleeping all afternoon yesterday, slept 10 hours last night and then have managed another 3 this morning. I think the sugar stress testing was not good for me! Think I'll have some lunch and go back to sleep!

Will try swimming as soon as my costume arrives hazel, hopefully on Sunday.

Lmh that is still decent mileage.

Ale I'm even too tired to listen to cricket, it must be bad!

WP take it easy.

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

That's a lot of sleep, Emz! I think New Zealand may still be asleep; hopefully it will stay that way.

What: 45 mins/8k, pushing on in a few places

Why: MLR?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    These lyrics I do not know yet I do agree!
    alehouse, that sounds like MLR to me!
    Nice hours sleeping emzap, I want some of that. 
    Poppy, take care of yourself
    Dustin enjoy the lunchtime run, the Ballet was excellent!! Really enjoyed it and Cleo was a little star
    Hazel sorry to hear your legs are still painful
    LMH have a good lsr!
    chick a brilliant mlr

What: only a mile
    why: hair do later and seriously no time for more (phone on total silent due to show which meant alarm didnt wake me!!!!
    last hard: getting up and going 
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chicksta - I didn't realise you were counting non-running days, I thought you were streaking. I guess we all do it differently, if I don't run it goes down as a rest day.

Glad you were able to get out today Poppy.

Hope your legs will forgive you soon Hazel.

That sounds like a hard session Dustin.

How is everything holding up with the extra work Alehouse?

I did thanks Wabo. It felt a bit harder than I would have liked but it was a lovely morning to be out.

Wow emzap - so it's you stealing all our sleep!  :) Mindyou I guess you should make the most of it now as in a few weeks it won't be an option.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hmm turns out the reason I've been asleep all day seems to be my diabetes test came back positive (and very high according to the nurse who rang me). She didn't really explain anything and I'm in a bit of shock at that having been asked multiple times yesterday why I was even there as I'm not in their "normal demographic". Waiting from a call back from the doctor to talk it through.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh bugger, em. Sorry to hear that. Does it mean you're forever a diabetic now or is it only during pregnancy (which is probably bad enough)? I do hope they haven't mixed up test results and confused you with someone else… All a bit disconcerting after being told it would be highly unlikely.

LMH: I guess that's the nit-picking German in me ;)  if I have to change into kit and get sweaty it's not a rest day regardless of what I've been doing. Glad you got a good run in. It's the ones that feel hard that make us stronger.
  • Gestational diabetes not that uncommon and would certainly explain your tiredness and why it hasn't improved emzap. You don't have to be fat to be diabetic - especially when pregnant. Try not to worry too much, as I said it's not uncommon and it will hopefully disappear once you've had the baby, just a bit of a faff in the meantime. Useful website here: https://www.diabetes.org.uk/Diabetes-the-basics/Gestational-diabetes?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt_z3neqY4wIV1oXVCh2segMfEAAYASAAEgIzhfD_BwE
  • Ditto what LMH said, Emzap

Finished 1st coat on rest of windows this morning, just before heavens opened. Maybe track later but tight for cinema this evening.
    Windows badly needed doing (but had been delaying until after builders had been).
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: no running yesterday but 1.5h solid badminton (only 4 of us there) plus painting.
    Lyrics no

Tomorrow may be a swim day but forecast not good (may get wet!  ;) )
  • I hope the rain didn't undo your good work OH. What are you going to see?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Great link and reassurance from LmhEmz...and good to see it backed up by Doctor OH! Hope you are able to catch a little of the cricket. Fairly confident of an England win, although it nearly went wrong when we were batting. And of course anything can happen!

LMH: won't comment on niggles...and hope I don't have to in the future!

Around 22 degrees and a very pleasant  afternoon. Supposed to stay like this all week...but the forecast has of course been known to be wrong. Picked two punnets of logan and tay berries, and frozen them. Picked first bunch of sweetpeas. And watered the garden with a hose for the first time this year.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Thanks lmh and oh. Think it's just the shock combined with the needle phobia/hope of a birth centre birth rather than hospital birth which has thrown me slightly.  Went for a walk which has made me feel a bit better :)
  • Sounds positive Alehouse.

I'm glad the walk helped emzap. Unfortunately I doubt there are many diet and lifestyle changes that you can make to address the issue so you probably will be looking at insulin - I guess you're going to get better with needles.