Thursday 4th July 2019 - Born down in a dead man's town

Morning.

Lyrics - (with a nod to the date) - Born down in a dead man's town

Hope you are feeling ok about things this morning emzap and have some appropriate follow up.

Another lovely morning here and forecast to be hotter than yesterday though a little breezier. As I wasn't planning to do much yesterday afternoon after my long run I asked MiL if she wanted to go shopping or to join Grace and I on our afternoon walk - both of these were declined then later on she invited herself shopping today and declared that she would stay for lunch (she lives five minutes walk away) and 'take Grace for a nice walk' with me this afternoon - that's my day sorted then! It's not that I mind giving her the time but I try to do it when it fits in for me and this recent thing she has of taking my invitation as an open thing to be redeemed when it suits her is a little annoying. Ho hum.

What:            whatever the legs will allow
Why:             first LSR for a few weeks yesterday
Last hard:     reconciling myself to having my plans for today hijacked
Last rest:      14/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes, and appropriate!

What: fitness suite plus probably setting quicker

Why: work/need for flexibility and speed

Another nice day in prospect.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

yay to lyrics :)  Yesterday's were I'm so tired from the Beatles' famous White Album.

I guess you need to talk to your MiL, LMH - diffcult situation but you don't want this to become a habit. How are the legs after yesterday's LSR?

What: a few recovery miles / gym stuff
    Why: want to stay in one piece
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest day: 25/5 and last non-running day 30/6 :)

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Emz - I can only imagine what is happening to your body but the reassuring words from LmH & OH are hopefully of some comfort. 
    LmH - It's a tricky dilemma, but I think you have to explain that the arrangement needs to suit your day too!
    Ale - a decent outcome in the end yesterday. 

What - Easy + U11s coaching
    Why - Thursday
    last rest - 17 days
    last hard - Tuesday
    lyric - yes indeed. Should be an easy day here work wise given the date...

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Chicksta I also generally cross train on non-running days but count it as a rest day in the last rest.  We still have pretty warm (though no longer hot) weather here.  Can I send it your way?

Glad you enjoyed the ballet Wabo. 

Hope the diabetes issue can be fixed fast emzap. 

Enjoy the swim today OH if you go -  errm isn't getting wet the point of it?  (ok - I guess afterwards you want to get dry again)

Hmm - fresh berries Ale.  Could send another package of warmth in exchange? Seems you don't need it at the moment though.

+1 to gently pointing that out to your MIL LMH.  Hope the legs are ok after yesterday's long run.

Enjoy the coaching Dustin.

What: another bike + run combo planned
    Why: quite enjoy doing that
    Last hard: getting up to recovery pace in the first couple of miles yesterday.  Legs are finally getting better now.
    Last rest: 01.07.

Lyrics:    familiar but can't quite call them to mind.
  • 40+ mph wind and heavy rain (no sea swim, no painting ...)
    guess it’s an indoor sort of day
    c&c soup made
    lyrics no (even with the clue)
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Yay to lyrics I really like the singer and band also very appropriate :)

What: 4 miles
    Why: taper
    Last hard: Sleeping in the heat and tapering

Hayfever is bad today and no air  Humbugs:-(
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LMH I totally sympathise with the MIL dilemma, having one myself.  Also how you like to have your day how you like it! Hope you can somehow steer her the way you want with no problem
    Hazel enjoy the combo!
    dustin have a good easy and coach day
    agree with all that has been said about the diabetes emzap, hope you are ok
    chick enjoy your miles and gym!
    alehouse, enjoy speed and fitness
    I am not doing assembly league later, it will involve 2.5 hours of travelling for a 3 mile run after work.  I am just too tired lately to entertain it! Instead I am doing a one mile warm up jog with my daughter and a couple just me
    what: see above + yoga
    why: above as well
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

take care all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

LMH that's a pain but you're very good to accommodate it.  Ditto what others have said about perhaps a chat and setting some boundaries?

Feeling a bit better this morning.  Did 30 sec run 1 min walk for a mile this morning and it's helped me mentally (though my hips are a bit sore now).  Have also read that if you walk after every meal it helps, so am going to try and do that.  Also trying to keep my refined sugars down, but man I'm so hungry!  Probably doesn't help that without a kitchen it's hard to prepare much food!

What: 1 mile run/walk this morning, another mile walked at lunch and I'll do another this evening
    Why: trying to keep my blood sugar under control
    Last hard: hearing I needed to do this (and resigning myself to no/little cake for the next 3 months...)
    Lyrics: yes

Swimming costume also just arrived so will have to see when I can get out for a swim.  Times are limited at the local pool, so hopefully I can fit one in tomorrow.

WP hope the hayfever isn't too bad.

Have a lovely day all, enjoy the sunshine
  • I'm glad you are feeling a bit better emzap. There are some nice recipes (including for cake) on the Diabetes UK website.

Your weather sounds pretty rough OH - please keep it!

I did think that it should probably be a lighter work day for you Dustin.

Good to hear that your legs are getting better Hazel.

Getting quicker or something quicker Alehouse? Hope you enjoyed whichever.

Sorry to hear that your hayfever is bad today Poppy - it seems to be one thing after another at the moment, you must be due a period of good health.

I don't blame you for deciding not to do that amount of travelling Wabo. Hope you enjoy the warm up mile. Is your daughter just getting back into running?

Thanks for the thoughts about MiL. I realised when I was walking Grace that I had to do something to stop it becoming an issue so emailed her and gently/tactfully (I hope) pointed out that what was on offer yesterday wasn't today but that i would happily take her shopping so I'm not long back from doing that. It does mean that I'll probably end up giving her some time tomorrow afternoon too but I'd rather do it in smaller doses and it has hopefully made the point that she can't assume that we will do whatever whenever it suits her. Time will tell I guess.

It was so nice out this morning that I didn't care how slow I was running which was just as well for the first couple of miles but my legs actually felt better than they did before yesterday's run and picked up after about four miles so I ended up with a MLR and if it hadn't have been for needing to get back for MiL I'd have been very tempted to make it further. I definitely do better in the heat, not that it's actually hot here but it is much nicer than it has been. I just hope the good weather holds though the forecast after tomorrow isn't promising.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    emzap that sounds all really positive, glad cossie arrived!
    LMH good plan with MiL, sounds good to me.  Jodie swiped some of my running gear at the weekend when she took part in the family marathon and I think the aches and pains (good ones) she got from the running made her eager to have another try, course we will have to keep an eye on the heart rate!! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Should have read "something faster" later, LMH, which is still the case! 23 degrees at present; possibly a little cooler when I run in a couple of hours.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.