Saturday 6th July 2019 - When I get home it's late at night,

Morning.

Lyrics - When I get home it's late at night,

Your salad sounds nice emzap. Where is the country show? I love things like that. Hope you find something nice you can have.

Hazel - weeding is an absolute no for me, can't kneel, can't bend well, shoulder doesn't work properly - I'd cripple myself very quickly! At least planting the beans is practical (they are in bags so no weeding required!). Sensible to wait for your legs to sort themselves out in their own time.

It's a dull start to the day here with heavy rain forecast from 0900-1400hrs so by the time I've done the weekly shop and walked Grace it's likely to be coming down, will make getting out of the door for my run harder but also make it easier just to do a short one.

What:            short and easy
Why:             creaky knees, tired, inclement weather
Last hard:     building the miles after Yeovil
Last rest:      14/6

Yesterday's lyrics - Ready To Run - Dixie Chicks.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all, lmh! 
    Lmh hope the knees stop creaking! 

My DIL bump is growing nicely, saw them all last night. She's 22 weeks.
    What park run then Hyde park all day
    Why it's the plan
    Last hard 2 miler after work last night, very hot
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Anymore park runners today? 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

What: parkrun. Will probably fairly gentle with a km or two either side

Why: tired legs

Pouring here at present so probably on the way to you, LMH! Hope it doesn't get as far as Hyde Park! 

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Chicks great idea to get that long run out of the way, I'm thinking how I'll be v tomorrow morning !!
    Emzap, I had an over  50 check up thing once by a lady of similar build to yours yesterday, telling me I was on the heavier side of my scale!!!! Telling me to exercise, eat this easy that, I know what you mean!!! Think I was well within my healthy range lol
  • It arrived about 0830hrs Alehouse - I can't say I'm looking forward to my run, just warming up after walking Grace.

Hope you have a nice day in Hyde Park Wabo.

I think creaky knees and achey back can probably be attributed to yesterday's gardening - light as it was, hopefully an easy day today will sort them.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Park run done very slowly, did a lap to recce course first

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Which parkrun, Wabo? One you haven't done before I presume!

What: parkrun, plus 2k before and 2k after. 23:50 at Burnage: progressive run, gradually picking people off. Not the quickest of courses and ran reasonably within myself. 

Why: decent training session. 

Rained until I warmed up, then just a bit of refreshing drizzle. Poured shortly after the finish. Hopefully will dry up soonish. Hope it wasn't too wet for your run, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

What 3 miles
    Why Tapering
    Last hard sleeping and heat.

No rain here at all sadly but a nice run.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • The rain had lightened up by the time I set out for my run Alehouse - but the heavens opened again just over a mile in - fortunately there was no wind behind it and it wasn't really cold (about 15C) so it didn't feel too bad - I chose to consider it 'refreshing' - and then it was dry/rain/dry/drizzle for the rest of my run but I was more or less dry when I arrived home.

You are welcome to the rain Poppy - please feel free to take it!

All miles in the bank Wabo.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    LMH I have had my veggie patch reduced to 3 not so large raised beds so I'm lucky that there is no kneeling or bending involved and not much weeding. Will miss my squashes this autumn though.  Good you didn't have to set out in a downpour for your run.

Enjoy the country show emzap.

Nice for you to see your family Wabo.

Well done to the parkrunners Ale and Wabo.

Good luck for tomorrow WP if I remember correctly.

What: 14km (sounds better than 8.7 miles), out just after 7am
    Why: my turn to feed the furries and decided to go out for my run
    Last hard: fending off 2 buzzards divebombing me on yesterday's run
    Last rest: 1.7

Lyrics:sure it should be a yes but sadly no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: walking around the country show (Hanbury) and a couple of extra walks
    Why: keeping going
    Last hard: having a hungry melt down on the way home.  I did have a nice scotch egg and falafel wrap whilst there but got seriously hangry on my way home.
    Lyrics: nope

Hazel your veg patch sounds amazing, I'm jealous!
    Wabo and ale good going at parkrun

Saw the most adorable Highland calves at the show plus some other great livestock.  Really good food tent and bakery and crafts tent too. Some impressive show jumping and classic cars and steam engines. Was a good morning out :)

Mackerel salad tonight and my oh has found a microwaveable chocolate pudding to keep me happy!

Have a great day all
  • What furries Hazel? Raised beds sound like a good solution.

I like the sound of your country show emzap. Not sure how diabetic friendly chocolate pudding is though? I have a recipe for microwaveable chocolate pudding as well as for a banana pudding and jam or syrup (like steamed) puds if you'd like any of those? Or you could check out the Chocolate Covered Katie website if you don't know of it - she has lots of pud in a mug recipes.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Lmh it has no flour or sugar in it , (banana, egg,yoghut and cocoa), I'm dubious but willing to give it a try! I just wish I could get the monitor so I knew what was causing spikes and what was safe to eat. At the moment it's guesswork and my science brain doesn't like guesswork! 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Evening!

Just popping in to say "Go well" to WP and OH tomorrow!

Glad you had a good day, Emz! Watching/listening to the match from OT: not happy with SA! Looks like they may beat the Aussies and England will end up meeting them at Edgbaston. And thanks for the support at parkrun: just before 3k today! Think I was asleep and needed waking up! 

Furries? Cats? Or lionesses (who sadly lost).

Perfect weather from late morning, although a little cool for the South Africans and Aussies, most of whom seemed to be wearing hoodies.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    We are supporting different teams right now in this house (I never support Australia, but I don't want to meet them in the semis!).

Glad I could be of assistance ale :)
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Flying visit to Devon to see the outlaws...

so short jog to Seaton parkrun for a 21:47 and 16th place

all good but busy here

Take care
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done RFJ!

You could get your dream final, Emz, and then one of your teams will win. (Probably end up being Aus v NZ now I have said that!)
  • (Not the correct protocol  but what hey)

We are sinking,
    We are sinking, 
    Round again
    'neath the sea.
    We are sinking
    Burray raftrace -
    To be near last ...
    To be done.

(With apologies to Rod Stewart)

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Marathon preparation OH?