Tuesday 9th July 2019 - There's a party goin' on right here

Morning.

Lyrics - There's a party goin' on right here

Happy Birthday Poppy!

That you need to choose an easier marathon if you'd like to run a faster time OH? What have your WAVAs been compared to last year or the year before?

Hope your cat is ok Hazel.

Nice holiday running Dustin.

Day two of my course. Not quite such a lovely morning here but tomorrow morning is forecast to be wet and with the wind picking up - typical.

What:           short and easy
Why:            short of time
Last hard:    not letting some of the thoughts that popped into my head out of my mouth yesterday
last rest:      14/6

Yesterday's lyrics - Brand New day - Sting.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Morning!

Happy Birthday WP! Anything planned?

Lyrics: I believe I do!

What: short and easy run, long stretch this evening

Why: niggle management/Tuesday routine/work. Lots of roller/spiky ball/wobble cushion yesterday. More today when I can!

Weather not looking very promising and hope it doesn't affect the cricket at Old Trafford.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

Thank you for Birthday Wishes, Lunch out later but we will go to Brecon for a day out another day.I have had my Birthday run my present to myself:-0 Shame the battery was dead on my 230 so had to dig trusty 310xt out but it will not upload data.

What: 6.80 miles
    Why: Because I can
    Last hard: Sunday
    Lyrics yes;-)

have a great  day it was lovely at 5am so cool perfect running weather:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday WP!  Have a great lunch and nice that you had perfect conditions for your run this morning.

Only one more day of training to get through LMH.  I guess we have to take the conditions that nature throws at us.  Cat is dosing up on ABs unfortunately but should be ok.

Fingers crossed for the cricket Ale.  Wobble cushion is a good idea (have one buried in my wardrobe somewhere I believe..)

What: group run this evening
    Why: Tuesday - haven't been for 2 weeks so looking forward to some chat
    Last rest: 08.07.

Lyrics: vaguely familiar
  • Hope you have a lovely lunch Poppy.

Niggles no better Alehouse? 

Enjoy your run run with company Hazel.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Happy Birthday, Poppy. Sounds like perfect birthday running weather. Hope the Garmin behaves an uploads later.

Must try your DOMS remedy after the Berlin Marathon, OH :)  On the topic of you wanting to retire from marathons I'd agree with LMH. There are some road marathons where you don't have to climb the equivalent of Everest, you know …  ;)

Good to hear that your mum is doing so well Wabo. For some reason I've always thought that you were dark haired - no idea why!

me too! Could it be that we drew the wrong conclusions from Wabo's profile pic?

Such a lovely mother/daughter pic, wabo.

Almost done, LMH. Fingers crossed it's not too bad tomorrow weather-wise.

11 miles in the Cornish hills is plenty, Dustin. Very impressive holiday running.

Ale: Are the niggles responding to the treatment? Good idea with the wobble cushion. I have mine stashed away in the bottom desk drawer but it's perhaps a good idea to dig it out again as my lower back feels a bit tight.

Enjoy your social run tonight, Hazel. How do you manage to get the pills into your cat? I've never had cats but my dogs always managed to spit them out again no matter how deeply I buried them in their food :D

What: 10 miles with 5 LT pace plus kettlebells at lunchtime (all d&d)
    Why: it's in the plan
    Last hard: the tempo bit was - running fast at 6 in the morning isn't something that comes naturally so I had to dig deep and work hard. Pleased with 7:12 pace or 4:28 per k in European money :) And it wasn't on the TM this time.
    Last rest: 30/6
    Lyrics: I think so

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    Poppy have a lovely birthday!
    LMH that comment made me laugh about your thoughts, hope the short and easy went well
    Ha ha ha I love the hair comments! Well yes technically I am dark haired but I am getting it lighter as it is so grey now!! With thoughts to just not colouring anymore, which hasn't happened yet!
    I should find a new feet flying profile pic...
    chick, wow lots of training going on! Thanks for mummy comment, we did have fun Sunday
    Hazel have a great group run
    alehouse, hope the run goes well hope the niggles are ok as well
    what: 5k this am
    why: have to cook later!!
    last hard: this morning 
    last rest: 31/12/16

I must share with you all (non running) Cleo has been invited to take part in a show at Her Majesty's Theatre performing a classical Greek dance in December!!! We are all so excited and proud.
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    look even darker in this one lol

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Wabo i always thought of you are dark haired :)I know all about dark haired and getting grey but my hair grows so quickly I would be in hairdressers on a weekly basis!!
    Well done Cleo!!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: diabetes clinic plus normal walks and Tuesday yoga
    Why: getting through this
    Last hard: attempting to do the finger pricking (I couldn't)
    Lyrics: nope

The clinic has made me feel a bit better. The nurse was very nice and has lessened my fears a bit.  Sat for about 30 min trying to stick the thing into my finger, but couldn't do it. My oh will have to when he gets back!

Dietician advice wasn't much help but at least I know I'm doing the right things.

Wabo I also thought you were dark! And great photo!

Happy birthday poppy! 

Ale how are the niggles?

Chick careful of your back.

Have a great day all
  • I'm fortunate in that I'm light and going grey Wabo _ i don't have the skills, time or patience to dye my hair. How exciting for Cleo, you must all be very proud.

Nice pace there chicksta.

Sorry the dietitian wasn't much help emzap but glad that the clinic has made you feel better generally. I hope your OH isn't going to be away for the next few months if you can't do your own finger prick test. Could make life difficult.
  • OK

My best WAVA 2017/2018/2019
    Ultra 40 /39 / 33
    mara 48 / 46 / 40
    HM   60 / 62 / 58
    10k   65 / 65/ 57
    5k     59/ 65 / 64

A flat marathon (Loch Rannoch) 2018 only got me a WAVA of 46

Lots of conclusions that could be drawn.
    Speedwise, I’m better at shorter distances.
    Even allowing for age, I’m not improving at marathon distance.

But why do I run?
    certainly not to get on the podium!
    I enjoy the comraderie of ultras and appreciate going to places with nice scenery.
    some races I enjoy more than others.

Thanks for suggestions, but I think I would neither be any faster nor more enjoy a flatter Marathon.