Wednesday 10th July 2019 - You must remember this

Morning.

Lyrics - You must remember this

Sounds as though you have the answer right there OH - you do the longer distances because you enjoy them - so why would you stop? I only suggested a flatter race as you seemed to be saying that you were thinking of quitting them because you were getting slower but if you are enjoying them what does the time matter?

How are your niggles Alehouse?

A grey start to the day here but the forecast isn't too bad. Only in work for a couple of hours this afternoon so I'm hoping to do a few more miles - my legs do not seem to appreciate resting, my left leg feels as though it's going to fall off after two shorter than usual run days, the glute, quad and calf are all niggly. I've been on the spiky ball this morning and am hoping they'll feel better after Grace's walk.

What:            easy miles
Why:             it's what I enjoy
Last hard:     spending most of the last two days sitting down
Last rest:      14/6

Yesterday's lyrics - Celebration by Kool And The Gang.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

A grey day, but supposed to remain dry. 

Niggles: right hip very tender and couldn't do some of my stretches yesterday evening, which I suspect is because the glute isn't firing properly. Not sure what to do beyond what I am doing with the spiky ball etc. Will it get better on its own as time goes by?

What: short run

Why: see above plus am doing an extra day's work. 

Lyrics: I believe so.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Well done on the LT run yesterday Chicksta - tough one that.  The cat will fortunately do anything for a cat stick treat (including sit) - I just have to bury the tablet in it.

Wabo - well done to Cleo for the invitation to perform in the dance show.

I guess once you've managed to do the finger prick once emzap you can do it again and it will become routine.  (own experience from having to self inject blood thinners due to knee injuy / operation).

I like your why do you run summary OH.  And you certainly run some interesting races.

Enjoy the break from sitting down too long today LMH - hope the spiky ball was successful in easing the niggles.

Similar sentiments to Ale.  Maybe physio visit?

I am trying to go grey gracefully.  Mid - dark blonde natural hides it a bit at least.

What: some general miles later with 2 sets of strides
    Why: new HM plan will be starting soon so will start testing out some of its initial components and remind the legs of what to do.
    Last rest: 8.7

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: walking
    Why: was going to swim but feeling very tired and a bit niggly so being sensible
    Last hard: getting hubby to prick me 3 times last night before we could get the machine to work. Had a bit of a meltdown!  However, managed to get him to do it again this morning, then did it myself after brekkie (I'm so proud!)
    Lyrics: nope

Next challenge, do it myself after lunch. It's not as hard now I know what it feels like but still makes me dizzy!

Ale please be careful.  You listening today?
    Lmh the only answer is to run :tongue:
    Hazel ha ha you can get your cat to sit!!!

Have a lovely day all.
  • That's great progress emzap. Hopefully it will keep getting easier.

It certainly seemed to help thanks Hazel.

Close out there this morning but it felt good to have the time to just run where and for how long I wanted (more or less - off to work now).
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Just seen the India score, Emz. Can't listen when teaching! And as LMH says, I'm sure you will soon get used to doing the test on your own.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Yay, em - well done :+1: Like Hazel said, I'm sure it'll get easier from now on. Sorry you're a bit niggly.

Smart move, Hazel. That HM plan can be a bit of a shock to the system otherwise. But I'm convinced it works really well, even though it is quite tough. You have a talented cat :D

Ale: Fingers crossed it will get better with time. +1 for physio visit if it doesn't.

Did the run make your legs feel better, LMH?

OH: At the end of the day we all run because we like it so do what makes you happy :)

Wabo: Oh wow, that's so exciting for Cleo and your family! Do you have Greek heritage or is it just a random choice?

Another one battling with grey hair… Unfortunately my natural colour is almost black. I go to the hairdresser's every 4 weeks to keep it that way, but in week 4 I look a bit like a reverse badger :D 

What: MLR
    Why: P&D are hard task masters
    Last hard: today was - I felt brilliant after yesterday's tempo run but made the mistake of doing weights in the gym which completely destroyed my legs. Today's run was super sluggish and laboured.
    Last rest: 30/6
    Lyrics: yes

• An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    What: swim after work
    Why: will give legs a break and skip track
    Last hard: Monday evening's recovery run.
    Last rest: Thursday
    Lyrics: no

It's a while since I had to worry about my (scalp) hair colour! 
    But sad when my beard turned grey  :'(
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Well done emzap!

You could turn your beard green again OH.. :D
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Hazel snap with the grey thing!
    Lyrics yes, funny alehouse...
    OH enjoy the swim
    Chicksta, the ballet school that Cleo goes to do a lot of other styles and excel at Classical Greek so I guess thats why.  No she has Peruvian, Italian and English lol no Greek! Enjoy your MLR
    LMH sounds like you enjoyed your run today
    Emzap glad the needle thing is getting easier!
    What - chase the sun at olympic park later
    why: 10k race to make up for Sunday
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good evening all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Race well Wabo.

It did thanks chicksta.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

sorry for the quietness.... concert Monday night in London, no run till after 8 yesterday.... and only just finished up with the social worker home visit (fostering application) so no run tonight now either....

Take care
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds like interesting times, RFJ!

Hope you chased the sun well Wabo!