Thursday 11th July 2019 - Did you say it's all over? It was me not a whisper

Morning.

Lyrics - Did you say it's all over? It was me not a whisper

A grey start to the day here but the rain seems to have gone through. No work today, in fact I've finished until after our 'holiday' next week now so time to bimble a few more miles this morning.

What:             easy miles
Why:              sanity
Last hard:      mustering any enthusiasm for this holiday
Last rest:       14/6

Yesterday's lyrics - As Time Goes By - Frank Sinatra.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: will pin a number on this evening

Why: race 2 in local 5k series. Will run to feel, particularly how the right leg feels. 

Do you go Saturday to Saturday, LMH?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • We do Alehouse. Do you feel your leg is improving?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    What race this evening alehouse?
    LMH I sense some trepidation about the 'Holiday'

Had a good strong race last night, really pleased especially as earlier in the day I had the aura then the head ache which I snubbed out after a few hours thank goodness! So i went into a 10k thinking can I? Should I only do 5k.  Felt good though, it isn't as flat as I might have expected!  Did get round in just under 10mm. 

What: 1.6 mile commute, yoga tonight
    why: left car at work last night
    last hard: last night tbh
    last rest: 31/12/16

have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning

Hope you can get out for a run soon RFJ

Good luck this evening Ale. 

What is with the 'holiday' LMH? 

Well raced Wabo.

What: local killer hill repeats planned later
    Why: training for the next hill races (in a few weeks)
    Last rest: 08.07.

• I'm glad you had a good race Wabo. You are quite right - I have a feeling I shall be in dire need of a break after the holiday.

A week self catering with my MiL Hazel, who is as wide as she's tall and difficult to mind read (lots of 'yes that's fine by me; oh whatever you want; no, I'll be alright' etc). Keeping her and my husband happy and fed whilst not going mad myself isn't the most appealing of prospects. Mark is quite happy to just take her at her word and do whatever he wants but I feel guilty.

Warmer than forecast out this morning as it brightened up once I'd set off. As expected legs were a little reluctant to do more than bimble but they were happy to keep going for a couple more miles than I was expecting.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    aha LMH totally understand having had similar myself!! Also as wide as she is tall.....
  • Thanks Wabo. The reason I mentioned that is as an indication of how different her lifestyle is to ours and how hard it is to do stuff with her, she walks so slowly and needs to stop frequently to get her breath.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    mine now needs a wheelchair, or did at the Eden sessions.  I am seriously thinking to give the big family holiday a miss next May. My holiday time is quite precious if you know what I mean and if she doesn't  try to do something by next year, my OH will be pushing her everywhere. I feel selfish but I really didn't enjoy this year! I feel your pain, it is a difficult one. I mean that she needs to lose something like 6 stone, he says 8 but surely that is not right!!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Oh dear, LMH. That's a holiday I wouldn't particularly look forward to myself … Still commendable that you are trying to please your MiL best you can. I hope you can find some "me" time during the day and get some miles in to keep you sane. Will you take Grace as well?

Wabo: Agree with you. You want to fill that precious holiday time with enjoyable things. Family stuff can be so tiring. Well done on the 10k last night. Never tried to run with a migraine but it seems to have worked for you.

Good luck tonight, Ale.

Enjoy the killer hill repeats, Hazel. Can't say I miss my Provençal Bastard Hill ;)

What: couple of recovery miles and core work done at lunchtime
    Why: tired, knackered, niggly
    Last hard: dragging myself out of bed after another night with very little sleep
    Last rest: 30/6

• Wabo - my MiL has high blood pressure and cholesterol and a family history of heart problems but chose to take drugs rather than lose weight or exercise more. I bet she could easily lose half of her weight, she's at least a size 20. When FiL was living with her she was walking a lot more but this year she's been really bad at doing anything. I have been trying to encourage her to be more active and my BiL bought her a pedometer for her birthday so it's not just me. To be fair she is getting a bit better at going out for a walk and has said that she's looking into joining an OAP Tai Chi class which will be good if it happens. I shouldn't moan about taking her on holiday, it was my idea as I think it's the right thing to do in the circumstances but I would like some support and a break myself.............
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh that sounds tough. Like others have said I hope you get some me time.
    Wabo well done for getting out
    Ale this is incredible!

What: tried to go swimming to be told online timetable is wrong and oil was closed. Got angry so went for a 2.5 km run/walk instead
    Why: I need to do something to stop me going mad
    Last hard: the run! And I'm paying for it now with my hips but I needed it mentally
    Lyrics: nope

Feeling much better now as also went for a walk at lunch with a friend.  Been testing my limits with food. Normal breakfast was within limits so really happy about that!  Fingers are getting sore though!

Have a lovely evening all

• I'll definitely have early mornings emzap - I'm rarely in bed past 0530hrs and MiL thinks that 0800hrs is an early start  :) Are you able to do your own finger prick tests now? I know what you mean about needing the exercise for sanity....
  • Heading to Dingwall on route to Edinburgh
    Driver for wedding dress selection
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest today
    Lyrics has a vague familiarity but no.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    A grey Old Man

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Sitting in the car prior to race: your photo looks like the weather here, OH! Garden is flooded and Palatine Road is a river! Hoping the rain eases shortly so I can warm up.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Peers through the raindrops on OH's photo…

Did the rain stop or at least die down a bit Ale?

Definitely use the early mornings then LMH.  Do you have any MIL free holiday plans to look forward to?  She sounds very similar to my mother with the as wide as tall.  A reason I keep an eye on my own weight.

Hope you have a better night's sleep Chicksta.

Annoying regarding the pool emzap.  

Hill repeats went well 6 x shuffle 0.3 miles with 60m of ascent.  Think I only ever managed 3-4 before.    Makes a nice elevation chart:

• An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Pretty profile Hazel  ;)
    Now in Dingwall; thick fog much of the way down but arrived safely.  :)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Evening!

Quick pop in!

What: 2nd of a local 5k series.

Why: asked myself that several times before and during! It stopped raining around half an hour before the race, although the warm up around the course involved a great deal of puddle avoidance, which was no surprise. In short I started off a little further up the field, only taking 10 seconds to cross the line and got into my running much quicker than a fortnight ago. Hip niggled badly going around the track at the start but it gradually seemed to loosen and I then forgot about it (suspect I won't tomorrow!). Very gradually picked people off. Hard work at times and I must say thank you to Ray from the over 60s thread for motivating me (virtually, and he ran 22:13 on Monday elsewhere). Felt if Ray can run that sort of time I can too, although I note he is five years older! And as usual thanks to Emz at 3.5k, forcing me to push on! Ended up trying to get under 22 on my watch, but failed, recording 22:02; however I had forgotten that it was chip timing so was very happy to see 21:52. Best since June 2017. More to come if I can get these niggles right! And if there are no puddles to negotiate: legs were black afterwards, which is unusual for a road race! Age grading was 76.71%. 278th out of 601 finishers.

And a great cricket match, Emz...unless you are an Aussie!

Well done on what sounds a tough session, Hazel!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    top effort Ale, well done

Intervals for me tonight, hard effort

Still tired though and waiting for test results too...

Cheers