Friday, 12 July 2019 - Too knackered to think so give me time to come round

chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
Morning B)

Today's lyrics: Too knackered to think so give me time to come round

Rainy morning (reminding me of OH's pic yesterday) but warm and no wind. Let's see what those legs say once they get going :smile:
My back is playing up a bit though. More yoga planned this afternoon.

Glad you found a way to let off steam yesterday, em.

Ouch, Hazel. That looks impressively steep!

Top bombing, ale 💪 Well done. Adrenaline has a lot going for it. Fingers crossed the hip is not too niggly today.

Hope those test results come though soon, RFJ.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: a lot of driving but probably not much else
    Why: going to Surrey and back for a wedding
    Last hard: today! It's a long day
    Lyrics: nope but that's me :lol:

Well done ale, hope the niggles aren't worse this morning

Have a great day
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Blue Hat For A Blue Day - Nick Heyward.

That sort of profile scares me Hazel! Good session. We have a holiday on our own in November.

Top racing Alehouse. Hope your niggles don't feel too bad this morning.

We had a bit of a sudden deluge yesterday evening but nothing like OH's photos fortunately. Hope the dress shopping goes well OH.

Do you know how long you have to wait for your results RFJ?

Safe driving emzap. Are you going there and back today?

Careful with your back chicksta.

What:             probably short and easy
    Why:              legs may not want to do much more/lots to do pre-holiday
    Last hard:      staying positive
    Last rest:       14/6

Lyrics - no but very apt.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Great result for your 5k with a sub 22 mins and an impressive WAVA Ale. 

Hope your test results come through soon RFJ.

How did the run go Chicksta?  Hope the back eases with the help of some yoga.

Travel well emzap and enjoy the wedding.

At least you have another holiday to look forward to LMH.  Good luck with the pre-holiday tasks.

What: recovery run this evening - probably with OH
    Why: would have gone this morning but slept badly and probably will go to the vets again later as the cat still isn't that well
    Last rest: 08.07.

Lyrics: no but +1 to appropriate today.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: I think I know the band, but not the title!

Hope the day goes well, Emz!

Hope you got a decent run in, Chick!

Does Grace go with you, LMH?

What: recovery run, gentle, don't know how far!

Why: race last night. Hip is niggly but don't know that it, or anywhere else, is worse post-race. Will find out later won't I!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning

I think I have missed a few days!
    Well done Ale and Wabo on respective races

What 6 miles easy
    Why: all legs wanted to do
    Last hard : Yesterday day away and far too humid for me.
    Lyrics Nope

No rain here at all and still humid!
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Well, it was a proper old mugfest … Something like 18 degrees and 100% humidity. I was covered in sweat before I'd even left our driveway :D but I ground out 14 miles. Felt OK but should have taken a bit of water with me as I was sweating so much and got a bit dehydrated towards the end. Call it character-building. Back still tight but not worse than pre-run.

I think you all know the band, btw :) 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Well done Chick! I think those sort of runs are indeed character building and will stand you in good stead come Berlin!

Not sure I said well done to Wabo re the 10k: so well done!

What: just under half an hour nice and easy

Why: recovery run. Could have done more but the aim was to be sensible. Sometimes less is more. Ran alongside the tram track: a puddlefest! Think it is the wettest I have known it. 
    OH: knows the path. Hope Edinburgh is a success! parkrun tomorrow?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Sorry to hear that your cat is still ill Hazel - it's worrying.

Strange weather and 14 miles here too chicksta. It was bright, sunny and breezy when I set out then it went dark, the wind picked up, it became very humid, there was a rumble of thunder and I thought I was going to get a real soaking but fortunately the rain held off until I was about 100m from home. A heavy shower has cleared the air a little.

I'm glad your niggles aren't worse post-race Alehouse.

Unusual for you not to get rain in Wales Poppy  :)
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all

Such a shame my race people do not give out anything for cat winners! I was first my age on weds, only out of 2 though!
    CHick, tbh I am lucky, if you like, in that I suffer blind migraines mostly.  The Aura and not always a head ache.  First one I had was a full on and I had to be taken home.  Nowadays they are few and far between and occasionally I do get a head ache but it doesnt last long. So I guess that is why I could run. 
    Hazel just OOOO ER!!! to the hills!
    Alehouse great running, so good to see, you sound ok today as well which is good
    LMH nice running
    Chick nice running, my back aches today oddly!
    Poppy nice 6 miles!
    emzap have a lovely weekend wedding!
    lyrics I don't think so

what: 3 miles done early doors
    why: have to spend a couple of hours with son and dil re giselle case later 
    last hard: this morning, nice though
    last rest: 31/12/16

Park run tomorrow, plan to give it some welly
    have a good weekend all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    OH CHANGE OF PLANS, MY CLUB NEEDS ME TO RUN TWO LAPS OF SOMETHING CALLED sPITFIRE sCRAMBLE
    Oops sorry to shout! So that is what I will do tomorrow now
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Was intrigued by the change of plan, Wabo! I understand why you might be shouting! It sounds a tough event but could be a great club outing: 24 hour relay event over legs of close to 6 miles? Do you know what times you are on?

Change of pic? Think I preferred the other one! 

Pottering in the garden sort of afternoon...when I am not catching up with the tennis. 

And thanks for the well dones re yesterday. To put it in perspective one of my friends was first M65 in 19:50. And to put it even more into perspective he turns 70 at the end of September! 

LMH: MV ran last night and was first over 45.  And she has moved clubs. Now Stoke. Looking at her recent times I think you would be ahead of her over 10k.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I am doing leg one and leg 3, can't think about back to back
    I was trying to find a more current one but I agree! That is a speedy mate you have!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I wont be staying the 24 hours though alehouse as it is My littlest granddaughters birthday so we are off to peppa pig world on Sunday
  • Enjoy Wabo.

Who Alehouse?

Rye bread baked, torte baked, ironing and shopping done, arrangements for plant watering and bin putting out made, packing mostly finished and run with a local guide arranged for tomorrow afternoon - which will probably mean my first double day in a very long time.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone
    good racing Ale & Wabo
    belated birthday wishes WP and wabo thats great news about Cleo 
    Hazel - good hill set!
    quick recap from the South West:
    Tuesday - 8x 400m hill reps (hard)
    Weds - 5 miles easy (but hilly) loop
    Thursday - Poldhu 10k (it was 11k) along the SW coast path. I say along it was more up down up down up down....
    about 50th out of 250, 56:44 no one broke 40 minutes...
    Today - 5 easy (but hilly)
    Hearing holiday woes elsewhere I realise how lucky I’ve been: both girls with their plus 1s and all been getting on. The four of them coasteering off the Lizard today, me and Mrs D had a wander along the coast path instead. A pub may have been involved...
    Been blessed weather wise: sun out every day 22-25 degrees, only light drizzle was last night during the race! 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Long day out at wedding but the sun shone and we were very lucky with the traffic both there and back. 

Lmh where are you going this time?  Sounds good to have a run booked in for your arrival :)

Wabo annoying about the cat winners but you should feel proud about the win.

Ate sticky toffee pudding at the wedding. Blood sugars still within allowed range so wondering what is going on!