Saturday 13th July 2019 - Make up your mind and don't believe

Morning.

Lyrics - Make up your mind and don't believe

Sounds like a great holiday Dustin with some good running too. We are off to Anglesey.

Glad the travelling and wedding were ok emzap. Could it have been the dates in the sticky toffee pudding?

I could have done without the party/function that involved loud music and fireworks until 2300hrs last night. I am, so tired, not a great start. I keep trying to be less negative about the holiday but the reality is that I'm unlikely to sleep well (I don't at home and it's usually worse with thin curtains, noise etc when we're away), will feel bad about restricting Mark and MiL's eating out opportunities (it's quite difficult to find places that I can eat well/safely) and/or stay home alone whilst they go out, not be able to run as much as I do usually, won't be able to walk as much as Mark and I often do when on holiday as MiL can't, will spend a lot of time worrying about whether MiL is having an ok time, what to buy and cook as she doesn't eat the same as us etc etc. It's not that MiL is difficult it's that I care and worry and feel the need to mind read as she'll give me lots of 'yes that's fine' or 'I don't mind, whatever you want to do' <<sigh>>. Sorry, probably shouldn't vent here. These are things for me to address so I shall keep working on them and hope to have a surprisingly good week away and come back refreshed............

What:              double short and easy day
Why:               why not
Last hard:       changing my attitude/sleeping
Last rest:        14/6
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Morning!

Quiet!

What: parkrun with a couple of ks either side

Why: Saturday. Ran well within myself and ambled around in just under 24 minutes, being careful post Thursday evening's race. Edit: 23:42.

Off to Old Trafford to watch some cricket later although it is rather dull and overcast and may well watch from inside the pavilion. 

Hope Wabo goes well at the Spitfire event. 

Enjoy the hols, LMH!

Is it another 10k tomorrow, WP?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That's probably because of my self pitying rant Alehouse. I did try to edit it when I came back from walking Grace but I was too late. Niggles feeling better?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Is Grace going with you, LMH? Niggles still there but better once I get going. Just hope I can continue to manage them.

On tram to cricket! Hope it warms up.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    We are here for support lmh so feel free to eat. I completely see where you are coming from. Better to get it out here than rant at mil as well :)

What: walked into town and back, 6.5 km
    Why: needed to go shopping 
    Last hard: eating! I'm still trying to be good
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh apparently dried fruit is bad so I'm just so confused!  Will ask consultant on Monday.  If i, as a medically trained scientist, am confused about this, no idea how others must feel!

Ale well done on a sensible parkrun, how are the niggles?

Go go wabo!

Oh how's the wedding dress shopping going?

Have a lovely day all. I see a nap in my future!

• WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

LMH: I hope you have a fantastic time away and can relax :) don't worry about post you were speaking from the heart.

Ale: Well done on park run and managing niggles.yes a 10k tomorrow undulating and the word from Josh Griffiths who ran it a few years back  the middle bit is hilly and not on closed roads so not a fast course but equally a good race to enjoy.

What:3.3 miles
    Why leg loosener
    Last hard: This run as so slow and usually they are fast.
    Lyrics: Nope

I shall just go and enjoy the race and see how it unfolds.No problems as have 4 more 10k's between now and September;-)

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    We're on your side, LMH. Rant away. Same here re. sleeping on hols. Still hope you can make the most of it and take some enjoyment out of your time away. At least it's better than being at work ;)

Nice day parkrun, ale.

Em: that is super confusing!

Go well tomorrow, poppy and enjoy your event, wabo.

What: 7 miles jogged and 25 biked
    Why: making the most of the day before thunderstorms
    Last hard: my foam roller
    Last rest: 30/6
    Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were Just Who Is the 5 O'Clock Hero, The Jam

• Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I can’t do links on the iPad emzap but if you google dates effect on blood sugar you should find the research though I only had a quick look.

Thank you for the support all - it means a lot and makes it easier.

A stress free journey, apartment seems nice and I’m just waiting for my running guide so will have some time out - and the sun is coming out!

No Alehouse, much as I love Grace it’s even less of a holiday if she comes.

Race well tomorrow Poppy.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Evening, lateish check-in, tend to post later at the weekends.

Glad the travelling went well emzap.  

Hope Wabo had a good outing at the Spitfire Scramble. 

Nice running and biking Chicksta. Back better?

Decent holiday Dustin.  Coast path is great, I remember it going up and down quite a lot.

Sensible parkrun Ale. Hope you enjoyed the cricket.

Good luck for tomorrow for the 10k WP.

The others have summed up well LMH. Enjoy your holiday. It seems to have started well! (I was briefly on Anglesey last year and liked it).

Hope OH has survived the lace and satins and can otherwise enjoy Edinburgh a bit.

What: 13.2 miles, with a bit of MP fartlek sprinkled in. Waited until 4pm to avoid the midday sun and get the Saturday jobs done.
    Why:this week's long run
    Last rest: 08.07

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    lmh - as others have said, rant away, we all familiar with those sort of problems and sometimes you need to let off steam...
    never been to Anglesey- on the to do list though. 
    What - drive back from Cornwall followed by a load of washing, tidying and 8 miles over the fields
    Why - two day turnaround : #1 daughter’s graduation next week so have 5 days in Leeds...
    last rest - two or three weeks
    last hard - Thursdays cliff path 10k (840ft of ascent apparently)
    lyric - possible
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Shattered but I loved spitfire! Did lap one, then team mate did 2(lots quicker than me) which meant I then had to go out after a short break and do my next lap which was much slower. Lap one 1 hour, lap 2 1 hour 8 mins!!! So hot so thirsty and hungry but I got round! 
    Lmh I really hope you can get the holiday you want too
    Dustin love Cornwall, enjoy
    Hazel nice running
    Chicksta nice running and cycling!
    Poppy is race tomorrow? 
    Nice park running alehouse
    What over 11 miles
    Why I'm a substitute!
    Last hard today!!!
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good Sunday all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can