Morning :)

Lyrics: Feel the breezes blowing
All around your coat

Go well today, poppy

Sounds like you had fun, wabo. Nice one :+1:

Grey and windy but today is LSR day

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday’s lyrics - Things Can Only Get Better - Kylie Minogue.

Race well Poppy.

Well done Wabo. You did great.

Hope you’ve had a good run chicksta.

The coast path here - or at least the bit I ‘ran’ yesterday is somewhat technical! My running guide was great company but his idea of flat and non technical was somewhat different to mine! I had a lovely run though, the sun came out and the views (when I could look at them) were amazing (as is the one from the apartment). My little legs (knees especially) are feeling a little fragile this morning and I ended up with a much higher mileage week than I was expecting so it’s probably a good thing that I’ll mostly be limited to shorter runs this week. Just about to get myself out and hope the others are stirring by the time I get back - I’m ready for my breakfast!

You guys rock. Can’t tell you how much your support is appreciated.

What:           Short and probably very slow
    Why:             My knees and the hills/terrain
    Last hard:    Getting up some of the hills yesterday afternoon 
    Last rest:      14/6

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Hope you got your LSR in, Chick, and you enjoyed your run by the sea, LMH!

What: fitness suite/short run

Why: often do this on a Sunday. Will be earlier today in view of an important cricket match!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Lmh sounds like a fun, if challenging run! Nice to have someone show you the way too.

Wabo well done! Good day out.

What: some walking, unpacking of kitchen and general house sorting between some very important event happening today (cricket world cup final if anyone has missed mine and ale's excitement over the past 6 weeks!)
    Why: don't get excited, kitchen is not finished but we are running out of time so we are starting to unpack into it where we can.
    Last hard: Friday, I was exhausted yesterday
    Lyrics: nope

Have a great day all.

And 🏏 🇬🇧
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LMH: Never been to Anglesey but the coast path sounds lovely. And how nice to have an apartment with a view :) a lighter week is probably a good idea. Fingers crossed the knees recover.

Enjoy the cricket, ale and em. I shall be watching the TdF 🇫🇷🚴🚴🚴 - I'm married to a cyclist :)

Managed 22 miles on the old railway line. It's my long run route when it's windy. Tree cover always plays havoc with the GPS but it's a magnificent habitat for all sorts of birds, especially nightingales so you get a free concert while you run.

Lower back very tight towards the end and my left leg (sciatica) is playing up a bit. But I ran so easy (av. HR 121) that my Garmin recorded no training benefit :D  Must try harder next time. Jumping on the foam roller later and will also do more yoga 🧘🙏
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Forgot to say: hubby came with me on the bike so I had a water carrier just like the pro cyclists ;) And a bodyguard. Good to have company. It's a bit of a lonely route and I'm quite apprehensive on my own.
  • Nice miles chicksta. The coast path is lovely but not for running on.

How long until your kitchen is finished emzap?

Just five miles for me this morning using part of yesterday’s route but avoiding the coast path followed by a walk then another walk with Mark before taking MiL to the market (disappointing apart from some local cider). Feel very much in need of some time out now so Mark and I are taking a walk around the coast in search of this holiday’s first ice cream.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Well done Wabo!

LMH - Seems you had a good run yesterday despite the technical difficulties. Hope you get to enjoy the views a lot. Did you find a good ice cream?

Hope the cricket was good Ale and emzap.

Seems a nice long run route Chicksta, especially with the bonus of you having a two wheeled water carrier.

What: an 8 mile hike in the Jura hills with OH. We originally wanted to do something in the Alps but the forecast was dodgy (thunderstorms). Then got bored waiting for the tennis to finish and nipped out for a 5k recovery run
    Why: needed to look at something other than the local area for a few hours
    Last hard: today's hike, was tired and probably underfed. Run later was ok.
    Last rest: 08.07.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Evening!

Well done Wabo! Hope you enjoyed Peppa Pig!

Cricket: Anadin...tense, nervous etc. Wonder what Emz thinks but the general consensus in the alehouse was that New Zealand were beaten by the rules rather than England, who seemed to have the luck of the Irish on their side.

Hope you enjoyed today WP, and OH has bought suitable wedding attire.

And great long run, Chick.

A shame the tennis clashed with cricket, Hazel. Sounds like two epic matches.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Was worried I'd go into early labour but no fear. Cricket on TV, tennis on laptop. 

What a game. To a certain extent I agree with ale, but in the end we did both play well