Tuesday 16th July 2019 How many special people change?

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: How many special people change?
How many lives are living strange? 

Yesterday's lyrics were Dire Straits with Money for Nothing (I got paid yesterday and do so little work at work it seems like money for nothing sometimes!)

Hope you have recovered from the super over, Emz! Sorry you can't share the champagne at present!

Enjoy the graduation day, Dustin

What: short and easy run/long stretch

Why: Tuesday/work prevents much more

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

I hope a lovely day is had by all Dustin. My knees, hip flexors and quads don’t seem to be enjoying the trail as much as my head is 😊

It was a little grey here earlier but pleasant enough for running. Just back from 6 tough miles, the sun has come out and Mark has just said that he’d like me to run with him - I think breakfast is required first!
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Ollie.
    Great 10k WP, sounds like a tough one.
    Enjoy your easier week Chicksta.
    Have a great day in Leeds today Dustin.
    Glad you found a nice ice cream LMH.  Nice doubles.
    Take a machete next time for the off roading Ale.  I have some work to do if you need some?

What: the usual on Tuesday evening
    Why: habit
    Last hard: looking at the weather forecast for the next days - seems we might have another heatwave due
    Last rest: 15.07.

Lyrics:no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Looks like a holiday of doubles, LMH. Enjoy your 2nd run together :)

Enjoy your the graduation, Dustin.

Ale: How are the niggles?

Happy group running later, Hazel. Bugger re. heatwave. My various weather apps seem to differ wildly but the trend does indeed look like it's going to get hot again. Sigh.

What: 10 and a bit done in slight drizzle
    Why: GA run
    Last hard: one of the MLRs last week
    Last rest: no running yesterday but 11 miles cycled (shopping) and half an hour of yoga done
    Lyrics: no
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Morning,

What:6.5 miles
    Why:because I can
    Last hard:Sunday's race
    Lyrics.yes

Last run with the 230 I have new Garmin forerunner arriving today😁 let's hope battery lasts longer than half a day.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I did enjoy my second run thanks chicksta- unfortunately our weather is forecast to deteriorate though it’s lovely at the moment.

I think you must have had a Friday 230 Poppy as the battery is fine on mine.

MiL is at the doctors - UTI or kidney infection I think 😕
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: walking and maybe yoga
    Why: I'm exhausted so may not go to yoga. Combination of work, renovations and eating is catching up with me
    Last hard: see above plus I tested the waters this morning with a very carby breakfast and got high sugar readings :( well, at least I know what I can't eat now
    Lyrics: yes

Hi Ollie, stick around :)
    Glad you've been able to get out lmh. Though sorry mil is ill
    WP sounds like a fun race
    Having a chocolate and coffee craving but think it's coz I'm tired and fed up! Yes and yogurt with berries isn't quite the same!

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Suspect it was the cricket super over that exhausted you Emz!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • You could get some diabetic chocolate emzap?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    LMH it was an immediate need :)  I can also have 90% chocolate but didn't have any of that either.  Diabetic chocolate has other potentially unwanted effects due to the sweeteners in them (I won't go into details :lol: )
  • Sorbitol by any chance emzap? A good reason to indulge in moderation 😊 Sounds as though you need an emergency stash.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

as usual been awol for a few days....

have managed my longest run in a year a full 9m on Sunday, KOP last night and 8 x 400m intervals tonight....

Waiting for blood test results (doctors on Friday) no news on MRI results

and Muppet here has managed to book a race on Sat night (6m) and Sun Morning (5m) i expect I shall only be doing one....

Take care